Bug Windows 10 update and its usb issues.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GooseCreature, May 6, 2018.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Following on from an earlier thread regarding Fanatec V3 pedals and the "missing device", "device connected/disconnected" messages and all the other issues related. It appears other Sims are now being affected with a similar, if broader issue after a recent Win 10 update. The problem appears, in the most recent epidemic of missing devices, to be caused by a USB update inside the recent OS update.
    My thought is, has this anything to do with the earlier V3 issues and the update to cure the problem has resulted in causing even greater problems (wouldn't be the first time for Microsoft).
    Regardless of all the above, still seems bloody strange no one within S3 or even beta testers have got themselves involved in this one, conspiracy theorists dream, V3 owners nightmare.
    Another night of frustration I guess! :rolleyes:

2. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Possibly because Microsoft will hotfix which might cause more problems down the line.
    Has there been a creators update yet that hasn't "created" issues.

3. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    hahaha, that would be too good.
    Even patch thuesday is becoming a real mess.
    @GooseCreature maybe the next patch will fix that.

4. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    That explains why my v3s were acting a lot funnier today than usual, even the Wheel disconnected from time to time. Luckily that didnt happen during a race, only inbetween sessions, but still. I hope that gets fixed soon.

5. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I'm still on W7 but I hear my grandson moaning quite often after an update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. VtecTAN

VtecTAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi..i had problems with my Logitech G25 wheel and G510s keyboard after 1803 windows 10 update.After hours of uninstall drivers reinstall etc ...and again and again I found the problem what caused it : Windows Core Isolation (in Windows Defender/Device Security).
    After I turned it OFF everything is ok .If you cant from windows (admin rights required , I am admin but still cant turn OFF ) use this :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity

Enabled
    DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Can't be the V3 issue, have tried the above fix and all just the same, "device connected", "device missing" and "new device detected" messages, slow throttle response, then no full throttle, putting your foot full on the gas turns the power off o_O
    Guessing S3 are busy organising their big event, so won't expect a response anytime soon™, then again, had absolutely no response on this one at all and it's been going on months. Where do I stand in regards to my competition entries, have entered all the paid comps but am unable to put my best time in as I don't have full throttle, have made countless attempts to put a lap in round the Nords but just refuses to give me all the beans. The one time I have got in, is with a throttle that takes an age to pick up, 4 secs slower just on the GP part of the track than my best.
    Has to be a RR issue as everything works fine in all other Sims I own.
    If it helps at all, I have noticed that I am far more likely to get these issues in competitions and leaderboards, if it happens in MP it is usually a case of dropping out of the Sim and back in, which is a chore in itself but often impossible through lack of time before the race starts but 7 out of 10 times it will temporarily solve the issue. Happens nearly every time in SRS.
    Making RR a real chore at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    After Win10 arbitrarily installed the 1803 version on my PC, I have problems even with my frickin' wireless mouse. The cursor freezes after a few hours and nothing helps to bring it back to life. But if I plug it back in the next day, it suddenly works again for a short period and dies again... I have to use my old Genius mouse. Hopefully that hotfix will arrive very soon...