Witch VR-classes you recommend?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Joeks, May 10, 2018.

1. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi all:D, I'm thinking about buying Virtual Reality Glasses to improve my driving skills on R3E.
    Which brand would you recommend:)? I like to spend between 200 and 300 Euro's..
    Any suggestion based on experience is welkom;) Thanks!

Greets, Jeremy

2. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jeremy! You have touched on an interesting subject and I’m sure you will get many responses and varied opinions to this one, so I can only say for the money that you are looking at spending that I have been very satisfied with the Oculus Rift CV1. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply:)!
    I'll check it out..do it's a bit expensive..and which one comes on 2nd place?

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    VR does not necessarily improve your driving, only your immersion. You can wear VR and still mess up your braking, handling, timing, situational assessment. ;)

If you want to assist or improve your car control, good pedals go first, especially the brake pedal.

You wiull hardly get a good VR gear for less than 300, I think. Oculus with 2 sensors for 450 Euros is a good deal.

I would wait some time longer and see what the year brings, however.

Do not forget that you need a good graphics card.

Oculus Go is in the starting block. Better display, no wires, but lousy battery life, they say, and no 6 axis movement. I am not sure about how its techj works, but it seems it does not depend on a separate powerfol PC, but has its own powerful calculation hardware on board already. Check it yourself, I leave the explanations to soembody knpwing this device betetre than I do, so to not tell wrong facts.

And this Pimax startup:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
  5. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    if its only for raceroom then get one of microsoft ones, if u want to goof around and use those crazy controllers then get oculi (wait for summer sale)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alexander Asner

Alexander Asner Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    If you buy it for Sim Racing purposes only I can highly recommend the Samsung Odyssey. It has the same panels as the Vive Pro and works pretty darn good.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Occulus Go is a no go for pc gaming, it is a standalone device. For simracing its hard to beat the price/performance of one of the cheaper WMR headsets. You can find them new with controllers for $249. The Dell Visor, for instance, or Lenovo Explorer. Ive tried the rift, which blew me away, and the WMR headsets have higher resolutions, was pleasantly surprised when I got my Visor and realized they were in same ballpark as rift/vive.

8. marcos1988

marcos1988 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Bought a Dell Visor for € 255 including wireless controllers, incredible what an amazing experience you get with VR! For those interested, this is how you get it for € 255 instead of € 319:

Dell Visor Product page: https://www.dell.com/nl-nl/shop/accessories/apd/545-bbbf
    Dell Student Advantage page: http://www.dell.nl/advantage/students

On the Student Advantage page click on the "vouchers" URL in step 1. Now in the primary box enter an e-mail address. For instance john.doe@windesheim.nl (windesheim is a uni in the Netherlands). In the "Optional E-mail" field enter your personal e-mail address, you'll get a copy of the discount codes in your personal inbox ;-)

The point is you don't need an existing e-mail address in a school, the only check performed by Dell is if the domain name is associated with a school. Do not forget to enter you personal e-mail address in the Optional box, otherwise you'll receive nothing.

After you click submit or send you receive an e-mail with personal codes, get the 20% off on Accessoires discount code and enter it on your Shopping Cart after adding the Visor (with or without controllers). Happy shopping!

• Like Like x 1
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I would say that VR is the thing that have made the most on my driving. Gained a bit with new pedals as well, but not as much. VR makes the driving feel so natural!
    Easier to line up the car and hit apexes, and also get way better awareness!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    I agree, VR does not magically make you faster, but it provides a whole new dimension (literally :p) of feedback that can really help with feeling connected with the car. This in turn can help with almost everything on track, braking, positioning, timing, sensing oversteer, sensation of speed.

• Agree Agree x 3