wont run after install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason Wenn, May 21, 2019.

1. Jason Wenn

Jason Wenn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive tried numerous times now, tried installing to different drives, but it still wont run, i get the small box logo come up then box

please help ...thanks in advance..:_)

Attached Files:

2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello @Jason Wenn

Is there any reason the game could be failing to write in there, or failing to find that path that is displayed in the box?

Any details about the machine that feel relevant to share? Antivirus, moved my documents to some network drive, or anything like that.

3. Jason Wenn

Jason Wenn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im not sure , like ive said i tried installing it on c drive then i tried installing it on both my other drives but i continue to get the same message each time,
    ill try disabling antivirus as aint tried that yet ...

4. Jason Wenn

Jason Wenn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    but no still wont run after turning it off.....
    im using 980ti gpu

5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    It's got nothing to do with the location of your RR-installation, it's about the folder where RR wants to store its settings and data, like e.g. replays and stuff. This is located under the user folder. This is usually here:

C:\Users\[your_username]\Documents\My Games\SimBin

But in case you moved your documents folder to another drive or you altered access rights there, this might cause problems. You already wrote that you use different drives. Are they NTFS or something different (e.g. FAT32)?

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jason Wenn

Jason Wenn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes they are all NTFS

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I've had this after a fresh install of Win10, no matter what I tried both AMS and rF2 refused to work, turned out Windows was blocking anything writing to MyDocs. Don't ask me the finer details of how I fixed this but it definitely had something to do with onedrive, have never in the past had anything to do with it but the second I enabled it everything worked as it should. I don't use onedrive on any other of my PC's, all Win10 and never get this issue with those but then I don't game on them either.
    Really have to brush up on my Windows knowledge base, believe it or not I was MCSE qualified back in 2001, no help whatsoever these days, well maybe some but........................o_O is my usual Windows user expression!

9. Jason Wenn

Jason Wenn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thx ill have look when back on pc :)

10. Jason Wenn

Jason Wenn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no no joy with that either...
    beginning to think its just one of those things that i cant enjoy..lol