Would you like Street cars in Raceroom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, Jul 6, 2017.

?

Would you like Street cars in Raceroom?

1. No! Absolutely not, raceroom is a racing sim.

2. Yes! Why not, other sims have Street cars.

3. I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    You can do that with AC by deleting the street car folders but it is quite a hassle whenever it decides to patch.

Still, prefer raceroom has no street cars, considering how slow the development of new cars take while looks like we have GT4 and TCR on the way.

2. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom should remain a pure race sim
    No to street cars

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Well, the people have spoken! A landslide victory for race cars and justice! I haven't seen such a landslide since a Saddam Hussein election.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    YES! or even SCCA cars, and other low power club racers
    the lack of street cars, or more basic budget types of cars is my only complaint about this sim
    aside from that it is fantastic,

5. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    There are already too many poor handling street cars that push like a pig in other sims. Race Room servers are already spread out with 2 or 3 drivers in each. We shouldn't thin the list any more. The BMW 235i is already close to a street car.
    The only class from other sims that I would run would be shifter karts.

6. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I would only give a yes vote if the developers promised to give us Sebring, road Atlanta, watkins glenn, vir, and limerock first . Otherwise, no, please stay focused to racing series (though I would not be opposed to spec series like a miata class).

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Also this. So yeah its a no from everyone.
    upload_2018-3-18_15-56-10.png

8. svaty

svaty Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I don't care about street cars in sims. From my point of view, preparing such for R3E would be the wasting of the resources.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I would like to have street cars in Raceroom if we would get long (really long like Targa Florio or Isle of Man) Open World tracks too for relaxed cruising after a hard day.

10. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Meh... I voted no.

• Like Like x 1
  11. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    No!

Sector 3 is a very small company so development of features and content is already slow as it is (old cars still need a physics update). I would find it almost offensive if they started wasting their few resources on street cars... I have Assetto Corsa if I want that.

I'd prefer if Sector 3 could go back to their previous ways of getting full licenses for specific racing series, like they got for WTCC, DTM and ADAC in the past, since that was one of the main things that attracted me to Raceroom. Unfortunately those type of licenses are not cheap :(

Anyway, Raceroom has my favourite overall content (both cars and tracks) of any sim (only missing Group C...), and somehow I feel like adding street cars would spoil that a little bit... like putting pineaple on a pizza :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  12. Mike R

Mike R Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    No, please, one of the things that I love about RaceRoom is that it's focused on racing cars

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    No please, but one thing i would like to see is the specs of the car when i am choosing it in the list, something like hp, nm, transmission, weight.
    This would be a nice addition as we can see that in other sims ;)

Regards
    Silvano

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Please no Street Cars! :eek:
    If someone wan't to race with Street Cars, buy Project Cars 2. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Not in raceroom. If they were going to do this, make another S3 game. Make it MMO in a city with a few racetracks. Id buy that..probably would work well on current business model too!

Edit: S3 should team up with SCS, add street car racing to the current Euro/American truck environment...all the while SCS finally gets official MMO working for trucks. Some servers could mix the two worlds. Police even, stuntman truck hijacking.

Daydream believer.....

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. R. Kipker

R. Kipker New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I for sure would support the Radical SR3. Radical's are race track specific. Never seen one on the street. Caterhams would be ok, I never really cared for these.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  18. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    RACEROOM is A RACING simulator. Street racing car maby can fit in this Titel RACEROOM RACING EXPERIENCE. AND I DON'T KNOW IF DRIFT CARS RACE. BUT I LOVE TO GO SIDEWAYS IN RACEROOM BECAUSE ITS FUN TO DRIVE LIKE THAT. AND I THINK ITS GOOD PRACTICE TO DRIFT CARS IN R3E.

19. Lucas dos Santos

Lucas dos Santos Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yes!

I remember that Race 07's GTR Evolution DLC had some production cars like Audi R8, Dodge Viper, Pagani Zonda, Chevrolet Camaro and others. I've used to have lots of fun driving those cars on track and I miss them on RaceRoom Racing Experience.

I think that it would be nice to drive production cars like Porsche 911, Mercedes SLS AMG, Nissan GTR and others that already have a "racing version" in R3E.

BTW, production cars was one of the suggestions that I've left on 'Cars Wishlist' thread.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  20. Traind

Traind New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Agree. High level sports cars have more power and less traction than their race car counterparts.... which make them more entertaining in a number of ways.

• Like Like x 1