Question WTCC '14 - Braking bug and the future of the WTCC classes?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by keanos, Feb 8, 2020.

1. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    As an admin of the www.rennsimulanten.de community, I noticed we never did a race with the first TC1 cars, so I choosed them for our community event yesterday evening at Spa combined.

I remembered them as not realistic but fun to drive cars. At some point before the Dec 2019 Patch I did 2:22 min times around Spa. As I tested them in front of our upcoming event this week, I noticed the times went down around 3 to 4 seconds, I did 2:26/2:27 laps now. So I think something has changed during the last patches, or the Dec19 FFB Update affected those cars lap times.

Yesterday evening some of our drivers, including me, noticed heavy "tail reactions" under braking, sometimes out of nothing. Is this a bug? Is it because of the old physics of those cars mixed with the new FFB? As far as I remember those cars were also a little bit to tailhappy for FWD cars in the past, but "controllable", but the situations we had yesterday came out of nothing, and were mostly not controllable anymore.

Maybe @Alex Hodgkinson or @Thomas Jansen can say something about this?

Also I'm interested, now that almost all other classes are at least on the "new physics", if there are any plans to bring the WTCC 14 from the "old" to the newest physics, or put them together with the WTCC 15 to 17 to one "PI/physics/BoP class" like GT Masters 13/14/15/18&GTR3?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Good question. Somewhere in the midst of adding in the new features of flat spots, pneumatic trail and a few other tyre-related upgrades we realised there was an issue with some of the older cars. A small lock up would cause an immediate puncture. I couldn't debug it or even fudge a fix, so I took the decision to deploy the WTCR tyres to our WTCC cars from 2014 to 2017. One benefit is the tyre pressures are now adjustable. However as the tyres are far more reactive to small changes in load and geometry they may highlight shortcomings in other areas of the cars. What I can suggest for now is you run a little rear toe in, which should help to cure that instability under braking.

Aside from that, every car in game is always a candidate for an upgrade. I don't imagine that we'll merge them all together because the rules changed at least once during that time period.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for this informations Alex. I will try the hint with the toe in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1