Released WTCC 2014 Car Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I'm just write here to say a huge thank you guys for this awesome WTCC 2014 car pack! To be honest, I'm a hardcore RWD-driver, but it's a good fun to drive these aero-packeged FWD cars! :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Great driving experience with these cars. perfect for online door to door racing

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    What really really annoys me is that these cars behave strange under braking - ok, havn't much practice with them yet (and WTCC 13 is far more worse) but no matter what setup I use, no matter what brakebalance I have, no matter if I stay slightly on throttle to stabilize or not, it first looks all good but after a while they become tailhappy with WARM brakes ! Can't believe it - shouldn't it be other way round ?
    Impossible to break into a corner/apex - slightest turn in with the wheel and off it goes....its like running over raw eggs, while praying to the god of racing each turn all might go well (plz)......totally stressfull.....:mad:

4. JNRRR

JNRRR Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    May be this racedepartment-thread on the topic "Driving front wheel racecars" can help you:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-drive-front-wheel-driven-wtcc-cars.94291/

Also other setup measures aside a frontbiased brakebalance can help:
    - increase differential value for coast
    - increase toe-in on rearaxle
    - increase rear aero

5. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Thx JNRRR (had to blow off some steam.)...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  6. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Can fully agree with you. Very well and exciting races. These cars with the improved aero etc. invite you everytime to overdo it when you're on the chase.
    Furthermore is the difference between the cars very noticeable.

For me personally the Citroen and Honda the best ones. The Chevrolet "understeers" so much especially with used tyres. Don't understand me wrong, with fresh tyres the car is really stable. With the Lada I didn't drive that much.
    As said only my own experiences.

Would like it if you people share your impressions.

Best regards - Jan

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Can someone please share their g27 settings for these cars. mine just sucks and I have absolute no feeling where the limit of the grip is.

8. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    I think the Lada is as good as the Citroen and the Honda... Don't like to drive the Chevy, I'm so slow with this car :mad:
    Had really nice races this weekend online, great stuff

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steven Bull

Steven Bull Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Chevy is my car of choice.

Had a fantastic race with @Georg Ortner earlier. The pack has already paid for itself with the enjoyment I've had out of it so far!

• Like Like x 3
  10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The Chevy is quick as is the Lada. I don't feel there is any significant imbalance between the four models. Sector3 do a good job here.

Had a couple of good races with you guys earlier. Well not exactly with you - I'm not quick enough! But I enjoyed the battles further back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steven Bull

Steven Bull Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the balance between the cars seems to be great. I was concerned the Citroen would be the equivalent to the 2013 Honda but I've struggled with that car so far and have been quicker with the Chevy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    i just use default w/ smoothing turned off. i havent bothered tweaking much bc, a) theres a lot & b) i think they are 6e66o's (sp? ..georg's) settings for the wheel which is generally good enough for me.

i think your issue may be w/ the ffb itself more than the wheel. raceroom ffb is unique imo. i think it suits the game really well & like it for that reason; i dont think its the most communicative but its immersive & feels 'real'.

13. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Had the same problem. The car just got sideways no matter what i did. What helps is to assign the Brake bias controls on your wheel so you can easily reach them while racing, and when the tail starts to get light put the brake power to the front until it stops. I have to drive with heavily front biased brakes in the honda, like 62/38 or more after some laps.

14. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yesyes, have it assigned anyway....the problem is more a personal one. As I get quickly adapted to almost any (RWD) car (setupwise too) I just was pissed that these cars behave like bitched, indulged kids , refusing to be controlled by their master :D...while patience and deep understanding is required ;)

15. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I find its on lift off that's the worst, so a stiffer front end and/or softer rear helps, also a massive bag of positive rear toe and and all the camber you can get on the thing. Sometimes keep a little throttle on too can limit the transfer.

16. Steven Bull

Steven Bull Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    This is key, I find. Whilst braking keeping on the gas ever so slightly will help balance the car. If you dab the brakes into a corner you'll load the front giving it more grip so it'll turn in more making the rear want to slide out. So, staying on the throttle slightly can help stop the sudden shift of weight.

Saying that, I've been making the rear rollbar stiffer and adding a touch of negative rear toe as I want the car to rotate.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I can tonight when I get home. I finally drove these cars last night and they are amazing once you get used to the massive amount of throttle understeer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    @Fairman I had the same problem yesterday with some turns. I my case I shifted down to early and was probably to much on the brakes. In addition you shouldn't lift the throttle to abruptly.

19. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, forgot the pushed back brake balance... I'm struggling a lot with the brakes, yesterday I tried out the 60:40 balance, and the car was getting more and more stable during braking. (I totally surprised on that, because on FWD I used to set 57:43 brake balance.)

@Fairman You need to change a little bit on your driving style as well, but you are not the only one who struggles with it. To be honest, I've got a pretty good pace on one lap, but I'm not so confident during the care - I think on it as a challenge, and I'm determined to 'beat' the car. ;)

20. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guys, many thx for your heads up :cool:...was on the right way but so focused on RWD cars that I forgot to think the other way round so to say...brakebalance, differential settings , and wing adjustment mainly do the trick , the technique to drive them I actually mastered (which was the reason I've got so mad, starting to doubt my skills lol) nevertheless some things were there to remember- you're great ;)