Question WTCC2014 and FFB

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by rbn, Jul 1, 2015.

1. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    With the free weekend I tried the WTCC 14 cars.
    The FFB felt different compared to WTCC13 or any other car, I have used the Civic mostly.

The force felt a lot lighter when turning in a quick corner. To compensate it added more FFB effect (10-15%).
    After some testing it seems the understeer option has more effect in WTCC14 cars then all the other cars I have tried (FWD or RWD) and the Civic '13 and '14 model to compare.

This is with a T300 wheel.

Anyone else noticed this?
    I can't imagine the 2014 models have very different handling.

2. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The 2014 models have around 70-80 bhp more than 2013 so they DO understeer a lot more, also they now have decent aero packages which make them lighter to steer aswell. I personally think the ffb represents all changes perfectly! Great job as always S3S!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    They have more bhp but also a more downforce to push the car to the ground.
    It makes more sense that more downforce is more friction so heavier wheel feeling, then more downforce = lighter feeling. Even when the car seems to have grip the steering is very light. I don't think it should oversteer all the time, certainly not when driving far below the limit.

The feeling is completely different then DTM/ADAC/WTCC14/GT3 etc.
    The above all have the same FFB stiffness when cornering, WTCC14 is different.

I just wonder if it is as intended.

4. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I really do not experience this as you report, maybe just try to set up your wheel a bit different? Dont know about the possibilities with a thrustmaster wheels but witch my fanatec csw base i use different settings for wtcc/dtm/gt cars which gives me a perfect feeling for each car or class. As I said for me WTCC feels just perfect and absolutely believable...

5. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Ah, I try to have 1 setting for all cars, I prefer not to change settings to much per class.
    What is the difference (in summary) you have between car types in the CSW setup?
    Thrustmaster doesn't have to much options and I basically use the same settings for all other games (Dirt Rally, pCars).

What understeer value do you use in R3E?
    At first I had it at 100% and didn't feel to much difference, but with WTCC14 I put it on 50%, but maybe thats still to high.

6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    T300 here. My understeer setting is around 75%, off the top of my head.

7. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    James, do you have WTCC14 also? Notice a difference?

8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I tuned the understeer setting specifically for WTCC14 as that's the class where this setting's influence is felt the most. It feels different to WTCC13 purely because there is more power going through those front wheels.

9. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think i use 90% or maybe 85 not quite sure but overall my base is quite strong and can deliver heavy ffb so you can definetly feel the car pushing . The difference in setup of course is defined by my on wheel settings so most importantly steering lock but also dampening, ffb overall strength which i try to never change, spring rate and some other little tweaks that can be made. In game I use quite extreme settings compared to my friends who also play r3e.

10. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I think the same thing me such very odd is the wttc 2014 I play less for it, ffb is different from any other games mod

11. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm this feeling. I also think it's due to the higher power of these cars compared to the '13 ones. They lose grip quite harshly on the front wheels. They have more grip and downforce so they have higher steering force while not understeering. But this also leads to a quite harsh loss when the wheels are beginning to spin. And they spin very easily on the '14 cars. If you waatch WTCC on TV you will see that also the real drivers lose their traction quite often. In onboard pictures you can often hear the engine rev up when exiting corners, even mid-fast corners.

You can reduce wheelspin to some amount by stiffening the differential on power side.