WTCR 2019 cars - fastest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan Young, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I’ve been racing the 2019 WTCR cars some recently. I randomly picked the Alfa and am struggling to stay with the pack. I’m certainly not a great driver but I didn’t think I was this bad! In particular I struggle with traction out of the lower speed corners which is frustrating as hell.

So I tried the Hyundai and I’m immediately a second quicker without any setup change or really any practice. Is it know that the Alfa is slow? I think I knew that the Hyundai was fairly quick, and it’s so much easier to get the power down. I could change cars but I’d rather stick with the Alfa if I could find a way to modify the behavior.

Any thoughts about the BOP on these cars? And any tips on making the Alfa quicker?

2. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    The fastest car is the one you like the most! In every aspect.
    They are all good!
    My first impression was like the Hyundai was the fastest, but I was mistaken.
    It connected to your personal skills, nothing else.
    I am racing a lot and I am seeing a lot successful pilots in all of them.
    Personally for me, I like how Cupra sounds and looks that's why I have chosen this one.
    That's the only recipe, pick the one your soul wants the most.

3. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    You’re in the same league as me Yevgeny, so I know you’re pretty quick. But have you tried the Alfa? I genuinely think it’s a lot slower, particularly compared to the Hyundai. Maybe it just suits me better, but to be a second quicker at Zandvoort within a couple of laps is saying something I think.

4. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Each car have their own characteristics. I find the Cupra struggles in the corners as where the Audi suits my driving style the best. I did a test on the Hungaroring between the Civic and the Audi and no matter how many times I tried, I was always approx a second quicker in the Audi. That's what I love about RRE, it's not just one set of physics with different skins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    BOP is constantly evolving behind the scenes. The aim is to make all cars in a class competitive but they all have their inherent strengths and weaknesses. The Alfa has been qualified into the top tier of the current e-sports series so they aren't ridiculously slow either.

Some cars are easier to get to grips with, indeed the Hyundai is my favourite too. But with a bit of setup and learning how each car behaves they should be within a small margin of each other.

It's unlikely there will be any BOP adjustments until the e-sports series is done.

6. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I get it, I do. All cars have their own characteristics - but I’ve done a lot of laps now with the Alfa and fundamentally find it impossible to get good traction out of corners. The engine kind of overrevs as it struggles to get the power down, meaning I lose out on any long straight after a slower corner. Yet, jump into the Hyundai and immediately no such problem, so much easier to drive. Feels like it has assists turned on by comparison!