WTCR pit stop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dene, Apr 19, 2019.

1. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Today I run WTCR 60 min race on Slovakiaring. Everything was okay, but last 10 minutes all AI start pitting. I dont use mandatory pit stop. I dont know the reason, because my tires was okay, so I supposed AI same. I race with adaptive AI and all time I was about 20 position. When AI start to pit, I start to move up to second position before additional lap. Finally, in add lap got pit stop P1 AI, and I won. Hmm, the whole race went wrong with this stupid AI pit stops. How to solve this problem? I am not sure, but I think, there are not mandatory pits in real WTCR series?

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    No mandatory pit stops in real life wtcr but they also dont run such long races as far as i know.
    60 minutes sounds like it wouldnt be unrealistic for high tire wear but i dont have enough experience with the wtcrs to really say. Do you happen to know how much wear your tires had at the end of the race?

3. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    When I'm driving the WTCRs, my front tires are completely knackered after 25-30 mins.
    After 60 mins I'd probably be running on the rims. :D

RL TCRs run about 30 minutes, maybe a little less.

4. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I check real WTCR races and there are number of laps which is equal 20 - 30 min races :D ...if I remember, after 60 min I had 75 - 80 % tires... so its quite good, no? :D ...my mistake, I dont know why, but I remember real life season first race in Marrakesch with 60 min lenght, what is nonsense, of course.

5. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Really good to the point where id say unrealistically good but who knows maybe youre a tire whisperer :D

6. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Or pretty poor and slow driver :D

7. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Didnt wanna say it but now that youve done it... ;)
    Nah if you can keep your tires in great condition and run around the same position aka being consistent and keeping it on track for 60 minutes we can throw poor out the window. Speed wise i dont know but im about to jump into the hyundai and do a few laps to check my speed and tire wear so if you let me know your lap times you can compare them to an wtcr inexperienced but otherwise pretty decent driver :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  8. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My best time on Slovakiaring is about 2:12 in Hyundai. I check it in leaderboards, so very average time :D ...anyway, in singleplayer with adaptive AI very fun and exciting races :)

9. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Just got done with my runs. On the default setup i got down to 2:10.0 and after 15 minutes had 87/88% so id be down to around 50% after an hour which then also leaves me wondering why the ai felt the need to pit..
    If you wanna improve your lap time a bit you can have a look at jardiers golf setup, helped me get down to 2:08.7
    And on another note im now enjoying this combo quite a bit so thanks for bringing up this topic :D

Attached Files:

10. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for this setup :) I am going to try, so I will see... this is really help for me, because I permanently struggling with setups :D ...maybe, I am was wrong with my tires wear number in 60 min race, I dont remember it right, and really it was about 50%

11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the AI ran out of fuel?

12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Doubt it. For a 60 minute race id need just under 80 litres and that is on slightly higher pace than what the ai wouldve done in denes race. These cars (or the hyundai anyways) have a capacity of 100 litres tho so id be surprised if they really did run out of fuel.
    Slightly off topic but the ai seem to be a bit weird around here in general. Just wanted to try a race and since i lack experience but had a decent setup i put the ai at 110 at first and they casually lapped 2.5 seconds quicker than the aliens :D at 100 i was in the midfield which is fine but on some combos i can start in the middle and still win on 120 strength and here i had no chance of doing much against 100 strength ai. Also i had to try the start 4 or 5 times until i didnt get punted in turns 1 or 2

13. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes, there is way to avoid collisions in the firts turns, race with weakers AI, or with adaptive. The AIs generally do not react to earlier braking, so its more sensitive on the higher level. Now I start train my WTCR adaptives AI, for example on the Slovakiaring I am approx. 98 level, but in Spielberg I had problem get competetive laps on 92 :D and on the Hockenheim I am back on the 98.

Anyway, I noticed interesting thing with AI. When I made incorrect pass on the inside line, the AIs several times reacted very cautionsly and they change own line to avoid collision. Of course, this is not way to win, because it's unsportsmanlike, but it give more realism to singleplayer, these situations also happen in real races.

14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but it could be that the fuel estimation for the AI is wrong for that track.