Xbox One controller compatability

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alexuz, Jul 7, 2016.

1. alexuz

alexuz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello

I have windows 10 and an Xbox One controller, it seems to work but not by default, I seem to have to configure every single button and details like sensitivity etc etc. Will sector3 add default profile for this controller? It's more or less standard for every other game out there. Just add it to the game, Its standard windows hardware. Will pick up game again when this is added, then I can acctually buy content and use it.
    Thank you

2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    There's also no rumble effects for the XBox One Controller in Raceroom still :(

The XBox 360 controller *does* have rumble effects and the"slip" effect in particular is very useful and I prefer how the triggers operate on this, but the thumbsticks are less precise, so steering ends up being more jerky.

3. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Also the default steering lock is wrong for both controllers - is 8 when it should be more like 13. This can be changed in the settings for each car, but makes test driving anything problematic as you can't change this currently when test driving :(

4. alexuz

alexuz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if they want new players = income, then they should just take an hour and add a default xbox one controller profile in the game.

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    S3 official statement about XBone controller support:

"Regarding the question of an official controller profile for the Xbox One Controller... there seems to be an issue in the drivers (which are made by Microsoft, not us) that causes some players to encounter quite severe issues while using this specific gamepad in our game. These issues range from odd rumble motor behaviour and performance issues to the entire game crashing.

Until Microsoft rectifies these issues in their drivers or, at the very least, informs us of what it is that is breaking in their software so that we may work around it we unfortunately cannot officially support this controller."

So once Microsoft sorts these issues or at least informs the devs on how to deal with them, they will gladly introduce support for this particular gamepad.

6. A russian racer

A russian racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Recently i went on Raceroom with my xbone controller plugged in.
    You have go to controller settings then click spam the box that says "Steer Left"
    And repeat for other boxes to unlock it and use the controller to make the action.
    When you're steering in game The controllers keeps putting the steering a bit right. Just play with the deadzone to get right.

7. d0c_str8nge

d0c_str8nge New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm so confused by your answer. It's not Microsoft's responsibility to fix an issue your game has with it's drivers it's your companies job to do that. I really like the game and want to play, but it's one of few games that don't work with this game pad. Sector 3 should be trying to replicate these issues on test machines to see why there application is having an issue... it's not the other way around Microsoft doesn't have a problem. Not a happy with that answer it sounds like pass the blame because we don't know how or what to do to fix the issue.

8. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Agreed! Please sort this out Sector 3!