Problem Xbox One Controller has no Feedback (Rumbling) on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Much Fast Such Furious, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Much Fast Such Furious

Much Fast Such Furious New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I haven't played Raceroom much at all over the past few weeks due to life keeping me busy, but I decided to install Windows 10 and installed Raceroom again because what would my life be without such a great game, right ;)?

Anyways, I've noticed that my controller has no feedback whatsoever on Windows 10. The controller always rumbled automatically and worked fine when I had it set up on Windows 8.1. I can't really afford a wheel right now due to being a broke college student so I have to settle for this controller for the time being, but the experience is considerably worse without any sort of feedback at all. The controller itself works correctly and responds to all of my inputs according to the buttons I set, but there's just no rumbling. There's not even an option to set it up either, as the "Force Feedback" tab in setup is totally greyed out.

It's sad because the controller support on this game is absolutely superb (or was?). Is anyone else having this problem?

2. Much Fast Such Furious

Much Fast Such Furious New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello, everyone. I have an update to this post:

I have just figured out how to fix this problem. I have found out that the reason why the controller does not behave properly is because the drivers for the controller that ship out with Windows 10 are not good. You have to manually reinstall the controller drivers for Windows 10. I found this on the Steam community forums for a different game:

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/261570/discussions/0/530646080866733155

You may have to download the appropriate driver from the Microsoft website for this solution to work properly though. There is also an alternate solution to this problem listed on the first page of the thread I just linked (the one that worked/the one I quoted is on page 2) which you can try if the solution I posted here does not work for you.