Xbox One Wireless Controller for Windows

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DJTaucher, Apr 3, 2016.

1. DJTaucher

DJTaucher New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I'm not able to make my Xbox One Controller with the Wireless Adapter completely runnable for the game. The game does found´the Controller, but I'm not able to select the Controller for my Profile.

Only the Keyboard/Mouse Profile is selectable.

When will an update avaiable to fix that compatibility Problem?

Or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for help

2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue/confusion (I'm using an XBox One Elite controller), there is currently no default XBox One controller profile in-game, which surprised me, BUT, it's not a big problem, as what you can do is simply to edit the Keyboard/Mouse profile and override the function mappings that you want to use the controller for i.e. steering, throttle, brake, gear shift up/down etc. and leaving everything else assigned to the keyboard. For some good settings for the XBox One controller, see Paradox Ali's post about this on page 9 of the Controller Profiles forum section: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/controller-profiles.883/page-9

Also you'll probably need to set a default steering lock of around 13 for every car (have to do this separately for each car), I think the default is 8, which is way too low for a gamepad.

There is no rumble support for the XBox One controller currently, unfortunately, even through the 360 controller does have rumble support. I hope when Sector 3 does eventually officially support the XBox One controller that they add rumble support for it, what would be really nice is if they also offered support for the Impulse Triggers.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  3. IFRIT

IFRIT New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm using xbox 360 wheel from MadCatz and it worsk realy well.