You have a month to grab The Crew for free (Ubi 30 Year Anniversary)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by n01sname, Sep 20, 2016.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    http://www.pcgamer.com/you-have-a-month-to-grab-the-crew-for-free/

I rarely start my U-Play account (just AC Black Flag and last Splinter Cell on it) so I was surprised to find that offer to grab The Crew cause it's actually quiet fresh - so I thought why not ?
    Seems to be fun for a bit arcade racing- pretty gfx and acceptable handling if you take a little time to set up your wheel...well, what shall I say ? - it's free :D

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Update: After a few hrs getting into all I can say is it's huge ! Always something to do and to explore, but the PvP races suck completely if you're used to simracing, some modes are even silly, menu controls are strangely complicated and after a while it get's boring. It also doesn't inspire much to gather a crew of drivers for coop challenges...
    Except for just cruising in a muscle car round the US, doin some long distance challenges, or having a little pusuit with the cops (which isn't much of a challenge actually).
    And of course there is this the notorious rubberband AI, well known from NfS titles as well...:rolleyes:
    No wonder Ubi offers The Crew for free so early...another waste of resources and good ideas...downside is also that you can play some modes only if buying additional DLC's (which might be the intention behind ), but least you can get a lot of virtual bucks to buy some new cars 'n stuff...so, as it is for free : Better than nothing...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016