Your thoughts on DTM @Anderstorp

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Olaf Hülse, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    As the DTM is going to race at Anderstorp next year, I wonder how the general feeling towards this car/track combination is. Any opinions can be posted below this! Does someone fancy a trip to the Scandinavian Raceway? Do you like the track? Do you like DTM? Do you think these two can harmony with each other? Anything else?

Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I, for one, am a big DTM fan and I also like Anderstorp. Personally, I haven't seen real racing on it for a while (I think WTCC held a round there once more than a decade ago), but it was part of the SimBin track roster from the beginning, so I have very fond memories of it from the virtual world.:) And about the DTM round: I think it could work, the "runway" is long enough for some DRS action. On the other hand, I don't think I will travel to Sweden.:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    same here. love the DTM class and the tracks mentioned here.

• Like Like x 2
  4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Driven there with the DTM 2106 in
    a league race and absolutely loved it.
    I think, this should work there in reality.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Only thing that worries me can be seen on the DTM page. There seems to be a chicane after flygraka into norra. Hopefully this is a mistake, would make passing incredible challenging. I also do not think that the classic last lunge in Depakurvan is possible with the wide DTM cars. But the banked turns should be fun. I hope that some spectators show up, ticket price seems a bit high imo
    Greetings

6. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Sorry guys, but I am not any longer interested in any fake "national" "touring car" series with manufacturers, tracks and drivers from around the world. The DTM or the NASCAR Cup are history … but anyway Anderstorp is a nice place for scandinavian or international racing action - I know and like the track since GTR in 2004.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    With Wipe Out Anti-G- Jets in a New Anderstorp Superdome ? ;)

Jokes aside: We also checked it for a testrace at our DTM 16 Legaue but it produced mixed feelings in response so we changed to Portimao. I personally liked it and got along with, but others had problems : Too technical, which requires much precision, not much chance to overtake- even with DRS and dispite the Runway straight- very special like Zandvoort for example. Guess you like it or you hate it.

@Patrick Schilhan
    Get over it goddamned, it never was and never will be the "good old" DTM again - bloody nostalghia :D ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  8. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yes, @Fairman
    We drove there together I was the one who loved this combination.

I didn't mean 2106. I've meant 6210 of course

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if some of the S3 Developers will visit... It's gonna be the biggest motorsport event in Sweden next year (Of course aside Rally Sweden)...
    Greetings