Discontinued Zeroforce Racing HUD - Last beta version 0.9.9 released

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Jens W. Fiedler, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Torned The Bullet

Torned The Bullet Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I really like the design of the application, beautiful realization.
    I did not find how to close the application?
    When we move the widgets too quickly they get off the mouse.

Very good, bravo!

2. ist76

ist76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On me Zeroforce Racing HUD, the speedometer readings and the transmission indication are displayed with a some delay (~1 sec), compared to the in-game ones. Not like the video in the example. Any ideas?

3. Ruffnax

Ruffnax Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi ist76,

i had the same problem. Then i activated Vsynch in R3E and from now on its works very smooth. I hope this will help you.

4. ist76

ist76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi. Thanks, this solved the problem (at the cost of reducing FPS). Also, it seems to have solved the problem with lags in OBS.

5. Jens W. Fiedler

Jens W. Fiedler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

thanks to everyone for the detailed feedback. Every issue and whish you reported is on the list. I try to post a road map for the next versions tomorrow.

@axxis278: Yes I´m tracking the ressource consumption the whole time during development and testing (in release and debug mode). I´m doing this with the Visual Studio diagnostic tools as well as with the Windows ressource manager. On my weakest testing device (i7 4th gen, R9 290) the max cpu load is at 16% (during initializing) and an avg. of 7% during runtime. Memory is at an avg. of 100MB. Avg. roundtrip is about 6ms (5ms defined delay between every polling of the Raceroom API).
    VR support is not available at the moment but it´s on the list. I will do this after release of the first stable Version (1.0.0).

@Torned The Bullet: If you use the "Start Game" option the application closes itself when raceroom is closed. You can close it manually by pressing the "shutdown zeroforce HUD" button in the configuration menu (open the configuration menu by clicking on the little tray Icon on the right side of your taskbar)

@ist76: As Ruffnax explained, it seems to be an issue with disabled vsync. We saw this on a very strong testing device (i7 7th gen, 2080ti) with disabled vsync. In this case some other problems occurred too (OBS lags, micro stuttering on some tracks, tearing). I will try to go into deeper analysis on this issue and will report or fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    many thanks

7. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hi man thks for the good work, seems very good, not so much frame drops, do you think is possible to have a radr where cars are bigger?!?!in the radar they are like little dots and when you are close is difficult to judge distances

8. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi doclucio,

I got many request that askked for larger icons in the radar. I will build a zoom functionallity in one of the next versions so that everyone can decide by himself, which distance the radar is displaying

• Like Like x 1
  9. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Great app well done my friend.
    My only wish is to have some red blink for the gear change. :)

10. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi pargiNos,

Wrote it on the list . Will be available with the next release

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i tried it but after the first configuration, when you give it raceroom root, how can you access the config menu again?!? When in game i try to move widgets they suddenly disappear and cannot move them, any advice??

12. Janos Modos

Janos Modos New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Nice job! Thats a great stuff, but I found some bugs:

- Wrong time shown in the relative widget. For example: ahead: +35421, +33685, +32145, behind: -35685, -37863, -39856 .
    - When I cut the track in practice, the warning message (generated by the game, on the left side) never disappeared anymore, when I use the app.

13. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Nice job, thank you. Looking forward for the VR version.

14. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

@doclucio: the actual version, you have to tab out of raceroom and press the tray icon to access the config again. In the next release there will be the shortcut ctrl+e to access the menu from the game. The issue with the dissapearing widgets is known and will be fixed in the next version

@Janos Modos: Thanks for the report. Nobody recognized the wrong timing in the relative . Will be fixed with the next version. The new messages cant be disabled. Issue by sector3. The new messages and the startlight are hardcoded and cant be disabled by paramter (to be honest, there is a parameter in hud_options.xml but its overwriten by the game everytime you start it)

15. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Good morning,

I like to give you a short update on the progress, so everyone can keep an eye on it.

Thats a picture of the actual HUD:
    Unbenannt.png
    The following has been changed yet and maybe you can give a feedback if it leads into the right direction:

1. Graph for throttle and brake has been changed to a straight bar. The edges are bevelled for better immersion in Vr (someone told me to do that, I dont drive in VR so atm I have to thrust ). The performance of throttel and brake has improved so that you dont have the stuttering anymore

2. Added an up shift indicator. There are tree bars that turn red and the text showing the gear indicates when you have to shift. I tried different ranges for each gear. For example: first gear is pretty short so you dont have much time to react if it indicates at 95% of max rpm reached. So I set it to 92% in first gear. In the 5th gear it is set to 105%. This means it indicates round about 500ms bevore you reach the rpm limiter.

3. Headline fonts with better contrast

4. Improved the relatives. The are now shown in tree different ranges: 0.000, 00.000, 0:00.00 depending on how far away the oponent is. This change makes it more easy to read.

5. Added tire pressure

6. Fixed many minor issues

The next big thing will be the rezising of the widget and improvements on the moving of the widgets. Everything will be in the next version 0.9.2. This version is scheduled for the mid of next week.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Janos Modos

Janos Modos New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Nice Job, thanks! I think the problem was the app didn't recognize me. I was not highlighted on the relative. I'm sad, because I forgot to take a screenshot :( The another warning message problem is more complex I think, because when I'm not using your app, it disappears if I start a new lap. When I'm using the app, then the warning message is still visible, when I'm on a clear lap after a bad one.

In the evening I found another one issue:
    The widget's has got wrong size, if I turn the background on. Example the logo height is much bigger, and the delta bar has got same problem.

I have a little suggestion too :)
    The delta bar's label, is a little bit unreadable. Can you make an option for change background and label colors?

I think, your app will be the best hud for RR at the end :) Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  17. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi Janos,

The first issue, that the app didnt recognized you is a bit tricky, but I still have a work around. The problem is that the API sometimes adds some data garbage to the player name so that Im loosing the focus on which car is the players one. The same issue causes problems with the radar. In this case the players car is detected by the radar and its blinking the whole time. I still reported to sector3 and asked for best practise (have a look at the API threat) but I didnt get an answer till now.

All other hints you made are written to the list. Thanks a lot

18. Janos Modos

Janos Modos New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My name contains special accents, like á and ó, which are unknown in English. I think it's a possible reason for that. I can test it without accents in the afternoon :) If I'm right, You can solve the bug I think. :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  19. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I thought of it too, but thats unfortantely not causing the issue. I saw it yesterday with my name too. And my name doesnt contain special characters :(

20. Janos Modos

Janos Modos New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Every player has a unique ID in RaceRoom. Is it a possible way to recognize me in the game? I'm not a programmer, it's just an idea :)