Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Wait another week or two. It should not be hidden that there are teething issues. Many people have problems like I had, and different to me still were not able to solve them. Give the dust some time to settle. I was with it from EA 0.1 on, thats why I am already in it.

Also, there are things that I do not like, but they all are secondary, and affect menu structure, menu operation, such things. I have a longer "review" posted here: LINK

Let it be known that new driver 430.86 is needed, it comes with code for ACC. Clean installs and deletion of ACC folders in My Documents is recommended, so is using a driver deinstallatiojn tool for updating gfx drivers. I was in hell the first night because something had messed up.

A robust system is needed, this sim is not for the faint of tech.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  2. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Skybird. I can tell you that I was pushing way to hard and braking as I turned. Cars like the Porsche 911 really illustrated this to me. I'll practice the basics and try to drive within my skills.

3. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I found the Reiter car - completzely unnown brand to me - to have quite weak brakes. Thats the right car for you to practice - because you must brake earlier in it.

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Reiter are a Motorsport engineering setup that produced the Lamborghini gallardo GT3 cars. The in game car is one of those.

5. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    All is good in ACC (they still need to tweak some stuff, it's only V1.0), but better of all is the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, which is perfectly driveable, fast and competitive, unlike the RRE version that slides everywhere and is almost impossible to drive.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The Porsche cup in r3e is very good. Takes a little learning but is a brilliant car once you get to grips with it. No point having different cars if you want them all to be the same....and drive in the same way...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    It's far from being the same as the other GT3 cars in ACC, you can feel it's a 911 Cup, not a Porsche GTR3. I only think it's more realistic than the RRE version, my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, forget to mention, that i only drive with my Rift S

View Distance: High
    Shadows: High
    Antialiasing: Epic
    Type: Temporal
    Effects: High
    Post-Proc.: Low
    Foliage: Mid
    Texture: High
    Mirror Dist.: 50m
    Mirror Quality: Off
    Mirror Res: Mid
    Oponents Visibility: 18

Meterial Qual: Mid
    Temp Upsampling: Disabled
    Bloom Qual: off
    Volumetric Fog: Disabled
    Foliage LOD Qual: Low
    HLOD (?) : Enabled
    Advanced Sharpen Filter: Enabled

Motion Blur: Disabled
    Sat: 90
    White: Neutral
    Sharpness: 90
    Frame Limit: 40
    Camera Dirt Effect: 3.0
    Light Absorb: 0,50
    Image Contrast: 0,50
    Exposure Gain: 0,40
    Lock to Horizon: 0,90

SS via OTT 1.2

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  10. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    A question to the overclockers:

I have a Gforce GTX1080 (MSI):

If i want to overclock (never did), what shall i do here?
    Which settings shall i put where? :) Thanks for help

Attached Files:

• msi.jpg
      msi.jpg
      File size:
      94.5 KB
      Views:
  11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Eis, try with Shadows low or off. Advanced Sharpening Filter should be off if using Sharpness in the section below that, or Sharpness off(0) and Sharpening Filter enabled, you have both in use, maybe that is conflicting. The menu text says you should not have both in use. Shadows are not missed in a VR headset, the image already is blurry enough, but they can be a frame hog.

Make sure in the nVidia profile that there are no obscure settings activated and allow the game to suck all electricity it can, no economic power management.

And if your CPU or GPU reach critical levels (ACC tries to kill my rig), then both will be levelled down, so check temps.

12. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    First press the gear shape on the Fan Speed, and make an aggressive custom fan curve that goes to 100% at around 40~50Âșc. Make the curve as you which and what noise you tolerate.

Then push power limit to the max. Temp limit to the max.

Now press CTRL + F to open voltage curve tuning.

[​IMG]

How this works is: Each square represents what voltage you will have at each MHZ. If you want your card to boost up to 2.1ghz with 1000mv, bring every square after 1000mv to the 2.1ghz line, like the image above.

After your figure out a stable voltage curve setting, you can move on to increase the memory clock slider gradually.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I can't really speculate on that having never driven a real one.... Not meaning you specifically here but when people say a car is "undriveable" what that usually means is they haven't put the time in to learn the car. I wouldn't expect to jump into any car in real life and be instantly quick....nor do I in sim. I find the cars that need a little practice and finesse are ultimately more rewarding to drive.....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    @spyshagg How many fps do you gain with your OC ?

15. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Nano disagrees with me again.....what a suprise....glad I blocked him a few months back..... Is he still going on about the AI??

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Now that 1.0 is out of the way, normal order resumes... :laughing:

It could just have been a DLC.

upload_2019-5-31_19-55-39.png

17. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Brought my 1080 to 2100 MHZ and now its smooth with morrors.

Thank you @Skybird and @spyshagg

18. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Gave this a spin this afternoon, had a few races with the AI and tried the Career... for me this needs a lot more polish to be ready.

It looks and sounds great, but the handling, especially over the edge is weird. It's like the moment you push the tyres over the edge you loose 80% of your grip. This is especially weird, because the original AC has excelent handling over the edge.
    Touching some curbs is ok, touching some (i.e. inside of the Lesmo 2 on monza), is instant spin. It just doesn't make any sense. It's double frustrating, because for some reason the clutch doesn't work for me, so each spin = stalled engine.

The gameplay options are so weird, and not intuitive. The career need a lot more polish, you basically have no control over the difficulty (just one arbitrary setting you set after the first session). The sessions lengths is also not transparent, there is a career length setting, but I'm not really sure what it affects, and what to set if I would like to run i.e. 40 minutes races.

The way custom championship works is weird and not very intuitive. In all sims you set-up what sessions, at what legth you would like to run, and which track. Here it is the other way around, you pick your car, calendar, and then before each race you configure i.e. if you want to run practice, qualify... what should be the race length.

You also cannot skip, or fast forward sessions (well you can skip them, but then their will not count). So you have to sit through each qualification, waiting for the timer to run out.... and wait a little bit more until all AI drivers reach the pits.... this is such a nuisance.

Another nuisanse is the pitstop - you have to stop within a cm of the marker, or the pit stop sequence will not commence.

What is great is that you can save mid session, but for some reason this is not possible in career, where it would make the most sense... oh, and the game doesn't auto save between session, so you have to play through the whole weekend during one session.

Also the dynamic weather needs fine tuning. I had a quick (5 minutes) shower, in a begining of a 30minutes session (it started and ended dry), outside the shower the weather was sunny, 30 degrees with a 38 degrees track. I switched back to slicks during the mandatory pit stops, expecting the track to dry quickly in such conditions. But even after 15 minutes the track wasn't suitable for dry tyres.... even though it looked dry, and had freaking 38 degres.

It has great potential, but it really needs few patches before it can be fully enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    I really agree with the odd tire behaviour, ofcourse I've never driven a real car like this but if the grip is really that unpredictable I don't think I would want to :D In the front engined cars it's not so much of a problem, but the mid engined cars are just pure death traps, you need some grip over the limit.. It's almost iracing territory in this regard

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I dont know lol never ran the card stock.