What have you test driven on the Free Weekend that you're buying on Monday?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave R, Jun 26, 2015.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    In need to take more advantage of the offer, i have a car in each class so just been using what i normally use by habit!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Kevin Sammut

Kevin Sammut New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What about tracks? What do you guys think are must have tracks?

3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    i just tried the opel omega - very nice!! This weekend is great fun - and due to the influx of new players, I am actually placing high in these races :D, so i get a boost to the old ego, finishing 1st, 2nd, etc....normally i barely sniff single digits!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Madruben

Madruben New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Group 5 for me when they get on sale. I also like the new tracks but Macau need Ai Work and optimisations on frame rate, same for Shangai. I already own the old DTM 92 and I recommend to try it.

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Kevin my favorites are as follows and keep in mind that its just my opinion. I'll try and just do the separate tracks as you can get a lot of value by buying either the DTM or ADAC Experience and getting the tracks in there.
    1. Salzburgring- love this track. It's always the first track I race when I get a new car
    2.. Macau- amazing track that is very hard to master (at least for me)
    3. Shanghai- a bore fest in Open Wheel cars but a lot of fun in WTCC, ADAC, and other series. Lots of good and close racing.

I believe the rest of the tracks are in the Euro Track Pack, The American track pack, the WTCC 2013 Pack, or the DTM/ADAC packs. The fact is that they haven't really done a "bad" track. I have a blast on all of em. My favorites from all of this group are Mid Ohio, Laguna Seca, Monza, Suzuka, and Red Bull Ring.

Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Personal top tracks: Raceroom Hillclimb(!), Mid Ohio, Zandvoort, Laguna Seca, Zolder, Macau.

• Like Like x 1
  7. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    yes, it s a nice car

8. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Bathurst, Zolder, Indy, Slovakia Ring, Zandvoort, Shanghai, Macau, Norisring :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, must have tracks in case of "frequently used in Multiplayer": Nürburgring, Hockenheim, Redbull Ring, Zandvoort, Monza, Bathurst... Following by Salzburgring, Zolder, Hungaroring, Norisring, Mid Ohio, Brands Hatch...

Macau and Shanghai are quite new - so not sure how it will evolve in multiplayer ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to exchange my Shanghai on Salzburg or Macau :p (Only because Shanghai low FPS and no MP popularity),
    And I'd like to buy B6 Alpina - fast gears, amazing sound, sexy shapes!

11. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I was impressed with Shanghai, much better than the Codemasters F1 version. I don't like it much in that game, but was enjoying the RRE one. Nice having 3 options, too. I run pretty low settings , so i did not notice big frame drops.
    For cars, tried Nissan 2000 and 935 in G5, both great, GT2 BMW and the WTCC Honda. All excellent. Wish I had more time to try other cars....I have all tracks but Shanghai!

12. CDwyer

CDwyer Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Shanghai was a real surprise. Its real fun with the WTCC cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Everything I already was going to buy, plus Shanghai and Daytona prototype.

14. Djpretface

Djpretface Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ill go for the M1 procar already had all the tracks so no track.

a little side note: im glad the free weekend is over now. was getting tired of al the (crazy) kids trying to win a 20 min race in turn one. Thinking they are the best car on track

15. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Good to know it is not always like this.

Last night was my first time trying MP and should I say it was kind of dissapointing. The wreckers you mention, being unable to realize when someone is way too much faster than them, so "defending" (blocking) everytime. The worst was to see, every time, that after a starting grid of 8-10 drivers, there were only two or three at the end (there were some "races" in wich I finish alone :(
    I was wondering where all the good drivers were, the ones that at least finish a race.

I hope I'll find it different next time.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's normally pretty civil around here, more so than most racing games i think. Just stay away from Raceroom Aquila, and sometimes Portimao (forget the class - free, yellow hatchback)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    The Silhouette class of doom

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I was only planning on buying one of the Radicals, Suzuka, and Macau.

The 50% off sale convinced me to get one of the BMW M1s + 1 livery. I had a lot of fun with the M1, so I figured I would get it for offline messing around. I was already going to eventually get the American Track Pack, but now that it was so cheap there was no better time than now. Then Shanghai was pretty good I picked that up, and that point I had already bought all the tracks except Bathurst (which I don't care for) so I figured I may as well just finish it off and own ALL the tracks.

So yeah, that kind of ran away from me. I've still spent less than a full price game on R3E, and I'm so happy with R3E that I don't mind giving S3 more money than I had planned.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kevin Sammut

Kevin Sammut New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Sector 3, that was a nice thing to do after the free weekend. Now I hope that the Accuforce (still waiting for it) is fully compatible with Raceroom and I'll be enjoying this game for a long time.