Thrustmaster TX broken FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Smith Racing, Sep 8, 2020.

1. John Smith Racing

John Smith Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Seems to have happen over the last week or so but for some cars the tatus for example after a couple of corners the FFB jolts violently from left to right. Tried all different settings reinstalled driver for wheel but nothing has worked anyone else getting this problem because at the minute its looking like a game uninstall if it cant be fixed!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    First I'd try to load default controller profile. Have you tried other sims? It could be hardware issue.

3. John Smith Racing

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Tried loads of stuff, turning off/down of all the settings nothing makes any difference, works fine in other games. Just gonna go for the uninstall, if I see fix mentioned somewhere I will reinstall it far to many games to waste time trying to fix this issue.

4. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Before uninstalling, please try the following: If decreasing collision effect in ffb settings down to zero doesn't help, you might try to also disable full damage when starting a new session.

It's a known issue that some TM wheels and maybe some driver/firmware constellations are having problems rendering flatspots correctly.

If the above doesn't help, please have a look here https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/crazy-ffb-last-update.15222/page-2#post-205945
    Hope that helps!

Oli

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. John Smith Racing

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks beefmcqueen, I have turned of collisions and also all the other settings 1 at a time and it still came back. The link you posted is the exact issue and also the same honda so I am going to try and edit the file as stated and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John Smith Racing

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @BeefMcQueen this fixed it for my thrustmaster TX

This was mine
    FFB flatspot magnitude="0.35" // How strong the flatspot rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    FFB flatspot wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.

Ichanged the magnitude to this and it stopped it.
    FFB flatspot magnitude="0.0" // How strong the flatspot rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    FFB flatspot wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Great to hear that it works for you now!
    It seems really difficult to figure out what exactly causes this error with certain TM constellations, but the devs are on it. There will hopefully be a solution soon, so that everyone can use the flatspot feature properly.

Oli

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If this problem returns, which I fear it may, there is a bit of software called usbdview.
    Once installed, open it and check there are no disconnected devices, especially TM wheels, if so uninstall them. I check just before I run RR and get rid of any new ones. I have not had an issue since I began doing this over a week ago. Believe it's a TM firmware issue.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Have anyone experienced this issue with a T300 yet? We held our first WTCR event with the full damage tonight and I slightly damaged the Audi's suspension on a sausage kerb. But after a couple of laps the wheel started to violently move from side to side (felt like suddenly inverted FFB) and I ended up crashing out.

10. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know it does not matter which Thrustmaster wheel you have, they are all affected by this issue, my T500 had also this issue. Look for the solution a few posts above. Takes 1 minute.

11. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I'm still unsure if I had the same issue. I damaged my suspension early in the race and later I had this FFB shake twice in the race. But both incidents started with going wide in the last corner, then it felt like that "slide effect" stuck on the wheel and moved the car left and right. I can't figure out if this happened because of the damage I had, or something else also went wrong here with the FFB

12. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure you have.

13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I'll test the Tatuus later, because it seems that's one of the most affected cars, flatspots were working fine for me with the Porsche cup car for example.

Also I've changed my FFB settings based on this post, is there something factually wrong there? Because judged by pure feeling it's better than the vanilla settings.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  14. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just for the record - after 2 months of good performance (from new) my T300 started doing this wild left-right gyrating thing today as described by others above.

I will try this:

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well my settings already has that ffb flatspot magnitude= "0.00" and I still get random violent jolts and although I have all kerb effects off, crossing a kerb is almost unbearable, causes a crash 50% of the time.
    I spent a whole day last week uninstalling everything, reinstalling everything and although I gained a couple fps the visuals just jolt and stutter, totally unplayable. Yes it is only RR, all the other Sims I use give 100fps of buttery smoothness, RR grinds to a halt and tries to break my wrists! Bravo!