POLL You want the real thing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, Jul 11, 2015.

?

Would you like to have a physics model without BOP?

1. Yes, to Get Real without BOP

2. No, i like it as it is

3. Yes to BOP but only within same class

4. BOP only as an option for specific requests/needs

5. Better with no BOP at all

6. Something else, i explain

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Namnlös.png
    Would you like to see on more in the list of physic models we already have?

Today we have the physic models; Novice, Amateur and Get Real. All with BOP, "Balance of Performance". This means that the cars in every class is balanced to perform equally. All cars in each class is competable. This is nice...but not REAL!

Would you like to have a forth physics model, one without BOP? A physics model where every car behave as close as possible to the real cars.

Do Not Think: "S3 will never do that" or "That's to complicated"...because this is just a POLL where the sentence is to hear what you think, not S3.

(I tried to ad this POLL to the existing thread on BOP but I could not fit all the text . Someone from the Devs might do that?)

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see full grids of different cars that are competitive against each other, BoP at the moment is based on power and weight adjustments, each car still has it's own set of handling characteristics that make it unique, IMO the physics are good and getting better all the time.
    I understand why a lot of people want true to life but, I also don't want to see another occurrence of WTCC '13 where fast drivers chose the fastest car all the time leaving those who didn't know to choose something they couldn't possibly win in.

Take what's happening I the real world as an example, F1, everyone complaining (fans and teams alike) because Mercedes is dominating, WTCC fans and teams complaining because Citroen is dominating, BTCC a few years a go, the teams forced a rule change because of the Honda dominance and loss of viewers, same last year with BMW, rules were changed for this year to balance them.

The list is endless, yes BoP isn't exactly true to life but, it does make for much better racing and that's what I'm here for.

That's just my opinion though :D

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. JNRRR

JNRRR Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Maybe an additional short information about what we actually BOP-ed:
    1) Dtm 1992 Zolder (Tracklenght: 4.19 km)
    Qualifying time: 1:39.91 (Qualifying position: 1)
    Mercedes 190E 2.5-16 Evo II
    2) Dtm 1988 Zolder (Tracklenght: 4.19 km)
    Qualifying time: 1:47.47 (Qualifying position: 1)
    Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth
    3) ETCC 1986 Zolder (Track length: 4.18 km)
    Qualifying time: 1.47.43 (Qualifying position: 1)
    RAS Sport Volvo 240 Turbo
    3.1) ETCC 1986 Zolder (Track length: 4.18 km)
    Qualifying time: 1.49.96 (Qualifying position:11 )
    BMW 635 CSi

( I take 1988 and 1986 times to compare it vs DTM 1992 as 1987 is the last year in that the BMW 635 csi and Volvo 240 turbo appeared in DTM and the first year the BMW M3 apeared in DTM and Group A. The 1987 Dtm Zolder-time is very slow, probably a rain-quali and rain race, thats the reason why i post only the 1986 and 1988 times)

DTM-Laptimes from: http://www.motorsport-total.com/dtm/db/results/index.php
    Information about appearance of cars and 1986 ETCC-Time from: http://touringcarracing.net/Pages/1986 Cars.html
    If someone has better information about this years or the technical development please correct me.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  4. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Maybe this should be a server/ single-player game option. Not one chooseable by player who you are competing against.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    BOP all the way and for the same reasons as @Ronin_GTDave. I don't mind real world performance being altered a little in the name of varied grids and close racing where any car can win.

It's why I like GT3 racing so much.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Should have done this POLL with secret results. Many change their wote...seem to follow the crowd :)

7. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    As said in the other read, please give back the cars we paid for in the first place (GrA). No fantasy DTMs for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm for the BOP, but preferably only within same class.
    If I do multiclass I'm alright with that some cars will be faster and others slower. (or rather, I'm counting on it.)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I also like BOP and I don`t want to get rid of BOP , that`s not what I mean. I don`t want to take away what we have , no, but add something we don`t have, the possibility to drive the cars without BOP .

Everything is not about MP, I run a lot of "Practice" . Testing various cars on various tracks , not always in order to be faster , I do it because it's fun .

This is for me - and most - the closest we come to racing and I would love a mode where we simulate reality as much as possible .

Without taking away what we have.

If I had it my way it would look like this:

Novice BOP
    Amateur BOP
    Get Real BOP
    and
    Get Real no BOP,

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  10. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Within a class there should be definitively a BOP. This is how it's been done in real racing series, like ADAC GT Masters, Blancpain Endurance Series, etc.
    Sector3 is doing a great job with it. There's almost no sim out there where you can race with many different cars/manufacturers within a class and have (almost) equal performance.

Nevertheless i think that it wasn't a good decision to balance out very different cars of different eras like the Classic cars with the DTM92. They should stay separated into an older Class A class and a newer Class A.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Here's a thought. Maybe S3 plan on adding more cars to this class in the future, but decided to balance them with the DTM 1992 cars for the time being. This sort of makes sense, because from what I've seen, that class was almost never raced in multiplayer. For now, we get great variety and fantastic racing between a large number of cars, which is awesome IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the dev time could be better spent on other stuff i think

13. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    This!
    No one is forced how he/she wants to race, with BOP or without it and server admin can selects the rule for online race also using BOP or no BOP. Please Sector3, give us a chance to decide what we want, don˙t you do that instead of us :).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it could require much time, a new playing mode with real weight and power. For some people appears to be important to drive the new nissan with real performances

15. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Nono, completely opposite, mate. I would like to have opportunity to beat Nissan drivers, on the open field, with Volvo ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    That`s something else, I know the devs are busy. As I wrote, this just a question :)

17. baronesbc

baronesbc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Why not apply the Bop to all cars and classes? so we have a single big category, full grid every time, with a lot of variety of cars and close races. Already now they are fancy cars, and this seems to be unimportant for most players, so why not? ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    When you start a competition or the leaderbord it could look like this :)
    Namnlös.png

• Like Like x 4
  19. JNRRR

JNRRR Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Maybe some another important questions are:
    " Is R3E mainly multiplayer orientated? Wants Sector 3 to be R3E mainly multiplayer orientated?"

20. Winter

Winter Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Initially I liked the idea very much that you could extend the DTM1992 with the other Touring Classics cars, a bigger variety of cars is always nice. I am generally in favor of BoP, it creates great racing, the cars feel diverse and you still have slight advantages for particular cars on the different tracks, so you still have these favourite/underdog - situations.

However, after reading the arguments in these threads and seeing the actual performance differences of these cars, Im starting to doubt the BoP in this particular case. The actual performance gaps are just to big, if you look at the numbers of JNRRR's Post its almost 10 seconds. If you want to balance that, you might as well put GTR1, GTR2 and GTR3 on the same level.

I would accept it as temporary solution until the Touring Classics are getting a bit more fleshed out, otherwise it just does not feel right.

• Agree Agree x 4