News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Qualifying - best lap of the season for me

Race - Got a good start, Tim punted me at T1 and cut the track, took the lead and won. Any kind of penalty system in this game sector 3? or is it ok just to punt people out of the way to get a result. One accidental one I can take but when the same stuff happens again it's more than accidental.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Nice race!

Sorry if I caused some trouble in quali, but I had that issue that it was showing ping 0 for everyone, and my car became invisible. I had that in a race before, and it doesn't recover unless I rejoin. Qualified P9 I think, that was good.

I had a nice start and made some positions up in the first sector. From what I could see a bit rubbing here and there but overall clean. Then I followed Erik Werner, until he made a mistake and spun himself. I just avoided him, and then the battle with Jan Stange began. It was really good, Jan was pushing hard behind me, but I could keep consistent and only gave him a few oppurtunities. One bigger mistake from me and he would have been past, but I stayed cool. Just before the end Akos spun and was right ahead of me. He was quicker than me, but for whatever reason he crashed on the finish straight on last lap and I passed him for 4th. Which is a great result.
    Also nice to see some old rivals like Jack Keithley but still I have no chance to keep up :D

I think this league would be a little bit nicer with tyrewear on as we were able to do some crazy sliding in the race, and also the gaps stay the same all the time. But apart from that it was a good experience.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    That was really not my race...
    I started from behind like every race. After the second corner I touched someone because he went very slow for some reason..Sorry!
    Then I went up to 12th position and driven nearly the whole race there till Schulze came and made a very optimistical move at the first corner and touched me at the back... 18th...
    I hope I can score a better result next week at my home track.

4. Akos Kemeny

Akos Kemeny Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    As i said...this "championship" is to win players..no penalties, no rules, NOTHING
    You can do whatever you want, it's okay. But here is a rule: before you make a championship, be sure, that the game is optimal for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Gratulation to all Drivers! It was a great Event. My quali was ok, but the race........sorry for contact in the first Corner,a Little late breaking. on Position 9 and the pace was good for the race, but than my steering wheel went off and everything lost.
    I am very disapointed, points are gone. thats racing. At the end its a great Simulation!!! thanks to all!!!!!! KEEP RACIN

6. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    That was my last race this year I think, I will be busy in the next few weeks/months, so I cannot participate in the following events.

Q: well, I can describe with a very big WTF...can somebody tell me why you should accelerate just before to your opponent and blocks him in the outlap when you came from the pits?! This makes me really-really mad every time I notice it...

R: No comment. Many guys don't know what is brake for. T1 and 2 was ridiculous, and then, somebody was that good to knock me out AGAIN...THIRD TIME in a row. The only problem was, unfortunately, not just me, but Gianmarco spun because of this incident as well, so very congratulate for this person not using his brakes.

Some of you are pretty quick and have good skills for racing, but some others are just quick, and has no definition about 'racing'.

This race for me was more like a Destruction Derby than a circuit racing.

By the way, congratulates for the podium finishers, and I wish you good luck and good races in the future! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  7. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately i have to agree with akos, this championship needs tyre wear, and fuel consumption, and this championship needs absolutely someone who reviews the race and gave penalties. It's not possible to cause chaos in front and then walk away with positions gained and no penalties at all. It's just unfair for the ones who try to be clean.

And the starting lights, they must be changed. Is not possible that someone just counts 1..2..3..4..5..go because the lights go out after one second from the last red lights. It must me changed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Also still no VIP's....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Well, I think it's still better not having any VIP guest until there are many people can't use their brakes...

• Like Like x 2
  10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    There's a discussion about reviewing tonight's race. I guess you need to file a complaint to them for suffering from bad behavior?
    To be honest I don't know what the rules on that are, I only start the server up and unlock the content :p

But if you guys feel there's bad behavior, I would advise to contact the organizers about it.

11. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Racing season is on. I wouldn't count on it really. During the winter, though... that would be a lot better

12. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Hello everybody,
    first as always gratulations to all the racers!

Had a very clean and fast race basically against @Robert Wiesenmüller who had done a brilliant job, no really mistakes during the whole race. Thumbs up for that, Robert!
    Was a bit surprised about my big quali improvements compared to last races but ironically I think that I've set my pb in race during the chase.
    On the other hand side my fearment about the track layout was coming true - unfortunately no really overtaking sports even with DRS.
    Anyway was very happy about my 6th place, for sure thanks to my good quali and start.

At the end I must admit that Oschersleben is a very driver demanding track, because you can so easily get off or doing a mistake and furthermore only 2 short moments where you can relax a bit. The more I'm happy about the result.

Keep racing and greetings
    Jan

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I have watch the replay and have to say A BIG SORRY ADAM, it was really late for breaking!!! I never want to destroy anybodies race, if someone faster in my back he will get a fair Chance to overtake, cause blocking is not my way to drive!!! IT was my first mistake in the Championship and i hope the last. KEEP RACIN

14. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    You ruined the others' race, not mine, so say sorry for them, not for me. :)

Btw I think Markus ruined my (and Gianmarco's) race, but as I see on my replay and on the broadcasting, he had serious lags...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  15. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    So that was the race out of my view:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Akos i would agree if i had your driving Level. for me ist the highest way to climb into top 20. i am not profi, i dont know anything about set up and so on....at the end i am 54 years old and i am having a lot of fun to drive against those very fast Drivers and learned a lot of Simulation driving. KEEP RACIN

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I think 'professional' means trying to be fair all race long, and not being fast. But that's my own opinion. :)

All my respect for you Dirk being that competitive! ;) I'm much younger than you, but I'm not that fast as you. :) Another good example that age doesn't count. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Pablo Lopez

Pablo Lopez Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,
    Overall not bad for my first race here, but I could be 5th if I didnt have that auto clutch fail start, T1 was a bit lol due to that audi ramming everyone, then I received some divebombs by 3 guys.

After all settled up, i was catching erik and the guy in front, after eriks mistake, then we were too close, he made a wiggle on the second to last turn, I tought I had a chance on the inside, he braked well, and closed perfectly, then he oversteered a bit and lost traction when I was already preparing the exit to have a good run on T1, but I touched you and made you spin, sorry about it, wasnt on purpose, im still getting used to the online limits on this sim, and before that I had quite a lot of rubbing without any problem but it seems that when you were little sideways, my touch made it really worse. I hope you accept the apologise.

this was my onboard vid.

Thanks for the organization.

Congrats to the podium!

PD: as a complain, people with high ping should fix their connection, I had an invisible car behind me and was too weird xD

• Like Like x 4
  19. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Just watched a bit of the replay and have to say I like the broadcast with the commentators, picture-in-picture fade ins, replays etc. very much. In comparison to the first races it's a big improvement and looks very professional. It's also very interesting to see what nice equipment some racers are using with triple screen and so on...real race enthusiasm...and to be able to jump sometimes into the top20 with a G27 clamped to the desk :D The gap of the first 5 to the rest of the field remains a mystery to me...it's out of my little racing world. Congrats to all participants!
    Btw.I didn't know that you can go so wide in turn 3.

20. Erik Werner

Erik Werner New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi Pablo,

Seeing it from your perspective i don't think there was anything you could do. I had a little bad luck at this moment.

All in all i have to work on my concentration.

Regards

• Like Like x 1