Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Yip, that would be smashing. Would need some careful moderation or other way to stop it filling with crap. The forum gets a lot of spam posts, it'd be a shame for the wiki to get spoiled

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Guys I think you may of missed my point, I was referring to being penalised for getting off track after a bad corner exit where just 2 wheels, or 3 are off the bitumen, or when you get punted off by AI. Not once did I mention deliberately cutting to gain advantage, in fact I state that I agree with the penalty for such an act. The other point is, I was referring to practice only, the real life penalties that were mentioned are all qualifying times that were deemed by the stewards to of gained an advantage by cutting corners etc, and I agree. It's not what we like to see even in online Sim-racing, but not what I was bitching about actually.
    Anyway i hope something can be done to make the penalty for a minor off track excursion a little more lenient, as it stands it's overkill in my opinion.
    Cheers. :cool:

3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Ah, I see what you mean. They are there for abuse of limits, as stated, but it is frustrating to see the warning after you regain after cocking up completely. I've learned to look past it as I know I wasn't going to improve my laptime anyway, but it would be nice if it were a bit more subtle maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  4. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    What about a setup server?Maybe put up a server that only stores setups and add a variety of options like free for all,private,league wide etc.And also replace the screen overlays with a pitboard on the right (above speedo) to deliver messages without obstracting view.

• Like Like x 1
  5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Beside harsher gravel traps, I would also like to have gravel, dirt and grass sticking to the wheels.
    Making the grip a little slippery after a run off, and then gradually restores back to full grip over a lap. (or how ever long it takes for the wheels to shake the dirt off)

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I think the point is that it only invalidates your lap which is only a problem in qually and if you are on a fast lap its been ruined by running off anyway so is just safer than having people find an exploit sector 3 missed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I agree, the features you mention are in AC, so it's not like they couldn't be implemented in RRE, would love to see it happen soon, could potentially fix the issue of minor off track excursions penalties too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Realistically it would affect the next corner, maybe 2. I like this sort of thing as long as grass doesn't become ice-like similar to some other games. It's so frustrating when a hot, sticky, racing slick suddenly gets zero grip the instant you go off track when in reality you often see drivers, across many different series with different tire compounds, make short off-track excursions without much problem. So as long as it doesn't become another "You're in the grass, tire friction = 0" situation then it's all good in my book.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    No, I wouldn't want ice skating after run off's either.
    But they seems to be in a close relation to several real drivers from both WTCC, ADAC and DTM.
    They should be able to get really good feedback on how both gravel, grass, smaller dirt or a mix off all, stuck to some or all of the wheels feels like what goes for the handling.
    And how long it lasts until they can push at maximum again.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    It's pretty fair to say that wet grass is going to be some what like "ice skating" and dry grass no where near as slippery, but even getting offline into the marbles and dirt has a substantial affect on grip, even though it may not be for long, 1 or 2 turns, as @The Angry Hamster stated above. It would still cause a moment of caution for the drivers I'm sure, and I agree that S3S would have the contacts to tap into real world information about grip loss.
    I hope that S3S has plans for such tyre grip variables, It would raise the immersion & simulation level of RRE even further.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  11. unrealnoise

unrealnoise New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    There are a few problems. Qualifications, free Practice can not be accelerated, and I can't see the results when I press the end of the session's buttons. (Not in a nice table) And where are any stats, diagrams after the race, or the qualification?! I like to see the race stats, who ran the fastest lap, when... view lap chart, view lap graph, view series standings, and others... (like as in iRacing)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Multiplayers in Alpha mode, as are Dedicated servers, rest of the sim is in alpha/beta/charlie mode, jeez I'm 52 and not finished just yet, Dev stream on the 21st of this month, I'm sure everyone's gripes and groans shall be answered and if not ask yourself via Twitch live! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if this has already been posted, but it would be nice to have the information about the Pit windows is open or closed permanently visible on the HUD screen.
    Sometimes you are in close fight during a race and just miss the Pit window notification. Then in a calm moment i wonder, if the Pit window is now open or closedo_O, but there's no infomation in HUD. A small Pit symbol in red (closed) or green (open) in upper right corner of the screen would be enough.

PS: And yes, sometimes i'm so completely focused, that i'm missing the Crew chief babbling about the pit window status too. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Babbling? Babbling?!?! How very dare you ;)

Would adding "how long till the pit window closes?" to the set of questions he can understand help here?

15. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    :D:p

I think "pit window" or "pit window status" is enough to ask. Nevertheless i would appreciate a visual hint as well. ;)
    And if @Sector3 can't/won't do it, then maybe @Stefan Mizzi could implement it in his R3EDashboard app.

16. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Seems like the data is there :) So, how would you like it displayed? Just text or there are some official flags/signs? :)

public enum PitWindow
    {
    Unavailable = -1,
    // Pit stops are not enabled for this session
    Disabled = 0,
    // Pit stops are enabled, but you're not allowed to perform one right now
    Closed = 1,
    // Allowed to perform a pit stop now
    Open = 2,
    // Currently performing the pit stop changes (changing driver, etc.)
    Stopped = 3,
    // After the current mandatory pitstop have been completed
    Completed = 4
    }

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The PitWindow data is useful but I seem to remember (it's been a while...) that once you've completed your stop, some of the data get removed from the block (pit window open and close lap, I think). So you need to test carefully :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    One idea should be the lights out in a casual mode, i mean, right now the lights go out 1 sec after the last red light go on, every time, it should be more casual, like sometimes 2.4 sec, sometimes 1, or 3... you know what i mean, so the start will be a reactivity thing, not a 1..2..3..4..5..go thing :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I wish I could write a second driver name in ADAC championships. It's always weird to see my name and pic repeated when I reach the podium. Besides, it would be nice to invite a friend to have a one hour race, and actually change driver irl during pit stop with her name displayed (and pic also). Obviously, I'm talking about a temporary thing, not necessarily a second account.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Sixx

Sixx Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    There needs to be an option to change the AI difficulty after you have started a Custom Championship. I'm a few races in on my Custom WTCC Championship and I'm schooling the AI. First in practice, qualifying and race==Boring. Even on tracks I'm not familiar with. It would be nice to adjust it as necessary but instead I'm going to have to delete the championship and make a new one with a stronger AI. Brutal!!! Other games have this option, I'm surprised this one doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3