News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. LSRTV

LSRTV Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    If you have the ability to stream your races either from a rig camera or via onscreen game capture feature and the available bandwidth to not interfere with the race you can contact me via a message here in the forums or via livesimracing@gmail.com We will get with you this coming week with info on including your feed into the live broadcast.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
  3. Sébastien Degraeve

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Start 13th.Race went well in the early laps(7th).Then a first mistake,I'm in last position(15th).A second runway excursion....
    Too bad,I missed an opportunity to score points.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that was like Yikes!, if you are gonna have slow downs, you must turn the guy into a ghost so atleast his race is not ruined. I got a slowdown the next lap but tried to keep out of the way because I did not wanna get hammered from behind :p.

5. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    The slowdowns itself are sh*t. I would prefer the drive trough penalty after 3 cuts. Sometimes the slowdowns are sooo hard.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Howie

Howie Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    No reaction?
    He should have been waiting for me after he turned me around.
    No excuse after the race.
    What a sportsman!
    He should be disqualified for this race!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  7. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

In TT there is a punishment bij cuting the track NO TIME, So it would not be bad to have this in a race linked to a drive-through penalty

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sébastien Degraeve

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hi Willy,
    For the first maneuver,this is a fact of race.He tries to overtake you.There is a contact.Jack penalizes itself(slowdown).
    For the second maneuver,you're right.He should wait for you.
    Unfortunately there are no rules in this championship.
    Players know by reading the email that organizers hope a clean race.Personally,I pay attention to other players.If I have made a mistake by hitting another car,I wait the player even if I have to lose several positions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sébastien Degraeve

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
  10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Guessing your Willy in the video?

11. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Yes, he is Willy.
    At Norisring I waited as I kicked Emelyanenko out. And in Moscow Barknecht kicked me out and let me drive by again. That's sports like.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    What an asshole. Look like a public race

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    This guy have 2 accidents in only 2 rounds. Both of them are without mistakes from others driver(Willy) 1st was stupid and without any reason, look like He want to kickout Willy.
    2nd was absolutly intended and there was no other way to disqualify this guy, gave Willy 3rd place back and ban the other one for one more race.

NO OTHER WAY!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    That's what I said 5 races ago. It's ok sometimes people make mistakes, but it's not ok if they were not punished - just see Markus Schönfelder vs Oschersleben race...punched me and Gianmarco in the beginning, he finished the race in 8th place. He kept the points, while we s*cked.

15. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Every stupid mistake result in a slow down penalty. But intended crashs, spins are without a disqualify.

And just my opinion: slow down penaltys are the worst option. A little mistake can cause a huge crash because the following driver cant react fast enough.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  16. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, there MUST be a penalty systeme for the next few races or even for the next Championship.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Davide Toccaceli

Davide Toccaceli Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    The only reason for which I decided to participate at this champ was not to win, but to enjoy myself racing against the best simracers of RR.. To win is a secondary goal, if I can win better for sure, but if I can't, I'm happy as well.. Nobody dies if we don't win.. Of course I was frustrated and angry when for example for these stupid slowdowns I had a ruined race in Spielberg, or the contact at the first corner in Norisring at round 2, but that's the past, every race is a new race, and what it will happen, we don't know.. Have fun for the next races :)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Agree but not for all.

Fun is on first, you're right. Winning is a n1 Gift after 30 minutes race, you're right too.
    Accidents will happen real or virtual its the same.
    But:
    When it happen like the video on top. Thats not fair, there is no mercy and need a review from staff. Because one guy do it, next guy know nothing will happen when he crash others. And what do you do next time? You cant intervention because the last guy have no consequences after his crash (attempt)
    I hope i can describe correct why i have stomachache in this case.

19. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I agree, throw 'em into the pit with us, them, there mortals, banished to the public servers for a week, whipped with windscreen wiper blades publicly OR someone from S3 step in and sort out the rules and regulations, while you're at it can I have a blueprint of the tracks, highlighting the true boundaries, I won't tell anyone else, honest! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Willy, you were trying to run me off the track at every oppertunity and I noticed you forgot to include the corners in between the two incidents. I felt I got inside you and you moved across me so from my POV I had no reason to let you back by as you were squeezing me and generally defending very unsportingly. Asking for me to be Disqualified is pathetic tbh considering i've been intentonally wrecked three times this season and people critisized me for not giving everyone "the benefit of the doubt" so I can claim some of that aswell.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1