DTM 2015 I am sad and disgusted and you ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AMG Vilas ®™, Oct 21, 2015.

?

what do you think

1. happy

51 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. unhappy

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Well, everybody knows that Raceroom is a quite expensive contender on the market, and the content of the pack was made known, so people knew what they were getting.

I do not care too much, since I like Raceroom and do not mind keeping them afloat, but yes, compare this:

R3E DTM15 for previous DTM owners: 3 cars with individual physics and sounds, and some rulesets: 11 Euros
    AC DLC2: 8 cars with individual physics and sounds, and 1 laserscanned track: 8 Euros in first week, later 10 Euros.
    Project Cars carpacks with 5 cars cost 2.50 - 3.50, tracks cost 5.50 .

Does not really compare, does it.

But keep it in perspective. We talk about single digit sums of money. Not dozens or hundreds of Euros.

P.S. And no, I am not a fan of PC. By far not.

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, if I buy only one car, would I get access to DTM2015 experience? If not I would prefer buying the pack as IMO the Pack-price is perfect... Ok, as an owner of DTM2014 you already have all three car-models, but you get all 24 liverys in addition.

3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    single sums add up. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I do not know the answer to that. I assume not, you are just buying a car/livery. Basically each car is a 1/3rd of the cost of the experience....I think.

5. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just a little perspective on price...

My first racing 'sim' was an arcade game (literally) called "Speed Race" which you can see in my avatar picture. There were dozens of identical cars, a single track (which was one long straight and no corners), no physics at all and your job was to steer around incredibly slow AI while your little car got faster and faster as you progressed. If you crashed the AI often hit you from behind on the restart. :p

For 40 cents you got to race for three minutes. Now, 40c in 1975 is about $2.82 in today's money (aussie dollars). So - that cutting edge racing game cost about $8.00 an hour to play in 1975. That is $56.40 for ONE HOUR :eek: in today's money. (About $US41 per hour).

So my point is this amazingly brilliant sim which I have spent about 170 hours on (so far!) has cost me about 20 cents per hour to play... (and I own lots of tracks and cars).

I realise we have to buy our own hardware etc to run it and I know the world has changed massively in the last four decades but it still gives a rough idea of how (relatively) cheap gaming has become. 170 hours of Speed Race would set you back almost ten grand :screamcat: in today's dollars.

I agree that R3E is a tad expensive and I have posted elsewhere about the pricing model being somewhat frustrating to say the least. :confused: (I would love to redesign the whole thing!).

BUT, this is an excellent game that gets better with each iteration. I, for one, am prepared to pay for quality and the continuous improvements we are seeing... :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Whom you are telling! :)

7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    lol i just calculated and Ive spent only 20 cents per hour ($100, 500 hours:eek:)... I think i need to buy more stuff.

Ill buy the gt3 pack when it gets the ruf and ford!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The price is reasonably fair when taking into account the linked discounts. I still firmly believe in a loyalty discount for those who are heavily invested in the title (I own every experience, track pack and most car packs). Even if it's just an additional 10% discount. That would be a nice gesture toward those who've supported this title through a frustrating (and expensive) few years of continuous development.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I don't disagree about that, but relative to DTM 2014, I don't see a huge value in upgrading....again. ADAC 2015....DTM 2016, WTCC 2015....on and on.

I get huge value for money in this game and I am trying to maximize it. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Due to our money currency, I´m paying twice the value I used to pay one year ago.

I have all the tracks, and even so, the DTM 2015 cost me half the price of Dirt Rally, so guess...

12. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Time for a golpe?

13. Emerson Meyer

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Don´t even talk about it. We are experiencing a huge political crisis.

Politicians, pffffffffff

14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I bought 10,000 vrp cost me 96.xx Cdn. So about 97 cents per 100 vrp. so 10.67ish for the pack. That a cost of 2 coffee. yeah i drink the fancy stuff :p

• Like Like x 3
  15. Emerson Meyer

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    2 coffee?

At least the brazilian coffee is way cheaper and way better :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Why drink coffee when there is espresso? :D

17. Emerson Meyer

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Espresso? C´mon :D

Espresso is a frustrated coffee

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    ...or beer.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I agree that I would like discounts on DTM 15 for people who own DTM 13 or DTM 14. But I would also like a discount for FIFA 16 if I own FIFA 15. Don't think it will happen though.;)

Sector 3 needs to keep the price as low as possible for new players because to survive and grow (growth is a business imperative) they need to increase the overall number of players. If they give 'loyal' players 10% off they may have to add, say, 5-15% to the price for new players (depending on numbers of course) to maintain their margins. Giving discounts to established players could shut the door on new players and we would all lose in the end if that happened.

So we need to ask ourselves, is it good? Do we want to play it? Do we want it to grow? Do we want to support continuous improvement? (Do we want open wheelers? YES WE DO :D)

If the answer is yes then we need to pay up. Remember if you play DTM 15 for just 1 hour per week over the next twelve months and you pay $US15 for it (depending on what you already own) - its costing you about 40c an hour to play! A movie on iTunes costs you 10 times that.

And by the way, the more people that play, the cheaper it will get.... ahem, ...in theory. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I've got DTM 13 and 14, I'm not buying again for basically the same - but that's me. I've did test drive the 15' BMW and it didn't feel all that different that 14' but that's me. Actually, I quit buying content about 3 months ago after investing approximately $100. I'm hoping for more features and fixes - saving multiple car setups, etc., not use in going into it as this has been beaten to death in the forum.
    I've raced a hour with the latest update and do appreciate the improved graphical performance (can now max shadows) and it seems that some of the cars (DTM 14 and GT3) drive better - maybe easier but to me it is more realistic. I always thought the the brakes didn't work well and I didn't think I could feel the tires on the road (I still feel a little like I'm gliding). The result of car to car contact "seems" toned down on some (not DTM 92 or Group 5 - pinballs) of the cars but that could just be that I've not played in a while and not as I remember, but now that the brakes seem to work better I can ride the bumper of the car in front and stop before slamming into the AI.
    There are so many sim choices today, many with free mods, I can't justify continued investment without more basic improvements - and I'm not hard up for cash. R3E use to be my favorite, and I still love some things - sounds, track modeling, racing series, but the cost benefit ratio is not competitive with my other sims - but that's just me, I surely understand my preferences are not a judge of how good R3E is.
    I'm hoping some day R3E will again rise to the top of my list - I'm not sorry I own but spend most of my time elsewhere. I was always a staunch Simbin supporter, I wish them (Sector3) success.
    Edit: I'm not sad or disgusted, just not excited to purchase more content.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015