DTM 2015 I am sad and disgusted and you ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AMG Vilas ®™, Oct 21, 2015.

?

what do you think

1. happy

51 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. unhappy

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    upload_2015-10-22_17-24-42.png

Screen cap of the store without logging in. Yeap, all of them are free.

Is this real? Really? Thanks S3 if its true!

• Like Like x 2
  2. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I logged and i still watch them free
    Gratis=Free
    [​IMG]

3. Paulinho Boni

Paulinho Boni New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Unhappy because i can't create a lobby yet

4. AzkarateAsi

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    confirmed they are free now
    :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:
    [​IMG]

5. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    There is a Brazilian Sim Racing Studio that has recently released a V8 series, and they have done a good job of it. Best Aussie V8's ever.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon Is it true that all prototypes liveries are free? Or... am I suffering another bug?

proto.png

7. AzkarateAsi

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Todo gratis segun georg

8. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Is better to have official confirm in forum, two days ago I bought a proto livery with vRP...

9. bakayoyo

bakayoyo Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    First of all, please stop using inflammatory subjects on posts. I'm absolutely fine with people having opinions, but wording them this way especially when expressing a minority view drags down the quality of discussion.

I think Sector3 is doing a remarkable job with their DTM license, they worked with actual DTM drivers to get even more details right in the driving model and rules. Surely for someone who is interested in DTM this must be a good thing, and 10 euro is a reasonable compensation for the work they have put in. If you are not that interested in DTM, and all you see is some minor changes in skins and sounds then obviously that value is not there for you. So then you are free to skip this add-on.

• Agree Agree x 10
  10. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    discution simply nothing else this is mo opinion I am free to express my thought with respect nothing noteworthy Sector3 of Labour say, for I am against a 2014 DTM etb buy the entire games on e dtm.com 2 years after my games is not finished i said nothing, again the money this is not my problem, my question is to have a dtm 2015 complete with cars on track

• Like Like x 2
  11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, but what is exacly missing? You have all cars and all tracks that were used in the DTM-Season 2015. Ok - there were some special liveries used in the season that are not in the game... the norisring-livery from Ekström for example.

Here the official Race-Calender for the 2015 Season:
    03.05.2015: Hockenheim (Deutschland)
    31.05.2015: Lausitzring (Deutschland)
    28.06.2015: Norisring (Deutschland)
    12.07.2015: Zandvoort (Niederlande)
    02.08.2015: Red-Bull-Ring (Österreich)
    30.08.2015: Moskau (Russland)
    13.09.2015: Oschersleben (Deutschland)
    27.09.2015: Nürburgring (Deutschland)
    18.10.2015: Hockenheim (Deutschland)

12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I yesterday tested the cars side by side with their predecessors from DTM2014, jumping between both Experiences constantly. They are NOT the same cars in driving and behaviour, also not in sounds, and probably the models have been re-tuned a bit as well, but I am not certain. One can easily think it is the same cars, and I did so myself when I came to Raceroom and tried to make sense of the webshop - but they are not.

I also started to think the new sounds are probably closer to their real counterparts.

If its not about the money, get them. Its difefrent cars and new rule sets and regulations for the season.

If there is really one thing to complain about beyond the expensive price model, then the fact that you still cannot run SP individual races with pitstops and with cars and tracks of your choice - you need to stay within the framework of an experience pack to get that. which makes longer races with tire wear impossible. I criticised Kunos for not doing pitstops in SP, and I must do the same with Sector3 over this issue. In my book, this lack is a biggie. Probably the only real major complaints left I have about Raceroom (and AC).

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I'm confused by the comments saying "it's just new liveries". It's all new physics/tires, built with assistance from actual DTM drivers, that no longer feel like ice-racing cars, and have the new feature of your tires building up rubbish if you go offline or in the grass, not to mention the complete rule set with pit stops and all. All for the price of a six-pack. Well worth it for me, the liveries are just a bonus.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    How cruel... living in a country where a six-pack is that expensive :D

15. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Only the good stuff, I can get a sixer of schwill for $5-6 but I prefer a nice IPA/Porter/Stout/Sour and those are usually at least $10-12. ;)

16. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I don't get the rumbling on the price..I spend this much just going to work each day.

Imagine the work that has been done on these cars, packs ,tracks, sounds, art ,Web engine ,server of only a few from the top of my head.
    The user base is small as has been said a lot but also a lot of progress and content have been made, imho s3has sone of the best guys in the business.

So in that i say they deserve our meagre £8.50 (I paid) at the end of the day if you pay peanuts you get monkeys and then you get s**t thrown at you. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Ooh!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I don't really understand the argument that it is not much money. I don't mean any disrespect by that, but it just seems a strange rationale. Obviously $10 isn't much, heck to me a $1000 isn't, but that doesn't mean you go around and buy anything you want that is not much money...well that is why most people are in debt. No one knows what other things one has/or does use one's money on....spending/saving. If I didn't have DTM 2014 I would be all over this, but since I have 2014 I really don't see much value in it atm. I have spent about $160+ on the game, and fully support it, I just don't see huge value in this iteration. For me I have to really figure out if buying one car, the experience, or nothing is the way to go. I will probably wait until I the GT3 pack comes out.

The parallel to the iterative sports games or Quicken is very apt. A lot of my friends buying the yearly sports games and after a few days of playing in utter buyers remorse bc its baby steps of progress to the year before. With resolve to not fall for the marketing hype again....then they do, again and again. Although at least the are complete games though.

I do quite enjoy watching the DTM series.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  19. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I will probably wait for a sale for this one, I have the 2013 and 2014 experiences, I have no problem supporting s3, but this is just not my favorite type of racing. Just did a run with the 2014 Mercedes at spa, it was fun just not a gt

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Tested the new Audi, was impressed, and bought the DLC.

Now I just want my Group A cars back. ;)