Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    see here

2. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    A driving manual for the Nordschleife, again only German.:(
    Happy preparation!

• Like Like x 1
  3. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Aaaargg I want an H pattern shifter and a clutch i only have the sequential shifter of my DFGT (i use it on every car that uses a sequential or H pattern shifter)

4. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    H pattern shifter? That went the way of the dial telephone didn't it??:cool:

5. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Mine has an r for return call and the numbers 1-7. 0, 8 and 9 are missing, damn!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Does it take coins?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Didn't find the coin slot yet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    for racing sequential wins everytime.
    For driving pleasure the manual H is the most enjoyable for me.
    Unfortunately the manual + clutch system in RRE is not very good at the moment.
    Hopefully it will get fixed someday.

9. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Sure enough, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so to speak. You might have a better gate shifter than the clunky G27 Logitech provides with their wheel and pedal setup. The only good thing about it is that it does take coins. I'm sure there are others that love it, but I'm not one of them. So I use the paddle shifters instead.

10. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    It about simulation to me, not what makes me faster. I enjoy vintage/historic cars, I may be slower with my gate shifter but it doesn't feel right using sequential.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Same here. I use whatever system the car has irl..., be it H pattern, SQ or paddle shifters, easy enough to change on my Fanatec SQ.

12. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys I just posted a new topic in General Discussions with a very nice Nordschleife Guide by BMW Autosport in English. So check it out if you want as it has some great training aids to follow.

@Fanapryde - Really love me Fanatec SQ+ , such a versatile and strongly built shifter ! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    "Huge update by the end of March."

Glad to hear that. Since I'll be busy a bit at that tine, I will not mind if it takes one week more. I assume new HUD, new physics at least for the re-organised prototypes.

I hope group 5 and touring cars DTM 92 and classics pack get the physics treatment next, and get formed into one group, too! ;)

14. Gerson Malty

Gerson Malty Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    st
    We only need support to apply a secondary key in the up an down shifters in the game, so we will can use our paddle shift or the sequential shifter withou must to set this manually everytime when we go to track!

15. Iggy_82

Iggy_82 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I use a program called joytokey to map the paddles and seq shifter to a and z on the keyboard.

16. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Why u didn`t use different Steering profiles? I have one for DTM92 and all Handshifting cars and another one for paddel shifters.

Very easy. Just pick your profile and lets race, when u don`t know how to create a 2nd profile let me know and i show you how to.

[ LINK REMOVED ]

It`s the best and fastest way, you don`t need 3rd party programs or anything else.

hope i can help you ;D

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2016
  17. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Why have two profiles, one for shifter and one for paddles when/if JoyToKey allows you to have both working on one profile? Sounds like an excellent solution and one I will be testing out when I'm back from my trip. Coming from a Thrustmaster TX where the shifter connects to the base to a T500 where it doesn't is annoying having to swap profiles.

18. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    The longest, most beautiful & challenging race track also known as the "Green Hell" will soon be released in RaceRoom!

[​IMG]

It has been our first track that we built using laserscan data which has helped us a lot in the development process.

[​IMG]

Additional data was kindly provided by our closely affiliated partners at KW Suspensions.

[​IMG]

Actual suspension data from the KW 7-post rig helped us finetuning the road properties as well as upgrading some of our cars (but more on that later).

[​IMG]

The result is a highly accurate driving surface, including all the elevations, cambers and bumps matching the real track to the highest degree possible.

[​IMG]

Getting the environment and surroundings of the track right was also a high priority for us,
    as many of the objects next to the road serve as important reference points to the drivers.

[​IMG]

Our track artists, and especially @Alex Hummler have a special relation to the Nordschleife, having visited the track many times in person, be it during the world famous 24h Race, driving tourist laps or as a passenger in actual VLN cars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Capturing the unique atmosphere of the 24h Race was extremely important to us,
    and we are proud to say that the unseen level of detail and uncountable hours of work we put in this project, have achieved exactly that.

[​IMG]

You will almost smell the BBQ's when approaching famous track sections like "Hatzenbach", "Brünnchen" or "Schwalbenschwanz"

[​IMG]
    Included in the Release are the following Track Layouts:

• Nordschleife
    • Nordschleife Tourist
    • Nordschleife VLN
    • Nordschleife 24h
    Each of them featuring its own characteristics.

Nordschleife:
    This is the layout without the GP track attached. Timing starts and ends after "T13" next to the "old paddock"

[​IMG]

Car manufacturers typically use it to test their cars and set official lap records.

[​IMG]

It is also the closest version to the "pre 1983" layout, before the GP track was built, making it a good match for historical cars.

[​IMG]

Nordschleife Tourist:
    On this layout you will start off on the famous Tourist carpark, next to the long straight known as "Döttinger Höhe", which serves as a meeting point for many car enthusiast from all around the world.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Exit through the gate and enjoy the 20 km of pure driving pleasure ahead of you.

[​IMG]

This layout is using the so called "Bridge To Gantry" Timing method, as it isnt possible to complete a whole lap without stopping. Your laptime will start at the Bilstein Bridge and end at the Audi Gantry.

[​IMG]

Although technically this layout is a Point-to-Point track, you will still be able to race there online and against AI.

[​IMG]

Nordschleife VLN:
    This is the layout used by the popular german VLN Series, holding regular races on the Nordschleife featuring a wide variety of different car classes, ranging from small road legal cars to professional factory teams racing GT3 cars.

[​IMG]

The layout includes the short variant of the GP track, adding up to a total length of 24.4 km.

[​IMG]

Nordschleife 24h:
    The annual Nürburgring 24h Race is a Highlight for many race drivers and fans, and we made sure you will experience exactly why that is.

[​IMG]

The 24h Layout includes the full GP track, minus the Mercedes-Benz Arena, which due to the sheer amount of teams competing in the race, is needed as an extended paddock area.

[​IMG]

As you enter the first corners on the Nordschleife in the "Hatzenbach" Area you will pass the first campsites the fans built to watch the race.

[​IMG]

Everyone who has followed the 24h Race, or had the pleasure to be there himself, knows that it is the biggest Motorsport Party of the world.

[​IMG]

In the past, the 24h Race Weekend featured various support races, such as the DTM

[​IMG]

Since 2015 the WTCC also included the Nordschleife in its calendar, driving there during the 24h weekend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not long, and the wait will finally be over.
    The Nordschleife will be included in the upcoming patch!

• Love it! Love it! x 52
    • Like Like x 12
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 11
    • Winner Winner x 10
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
  19. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    seems that the wait was worth to be :hearteyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the wait was WAY more than worth it. What fantastic work!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1