English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Will do as soon as possible!

• Like Like x 1
  2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    done, my bad, busy week-end and i was at a concert that ran late last night

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Backstreet boys reunion concert?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Killswitch engage with openers 36 crazy fist , memphis may fire ( meh ), Toothgrinder ( quite good )
    Killswitch slayed it.
    The mosh pit was insane. Could only handle 5 minutes of it lol. Then i went to the outside of the mosh and pushed people in ;).

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  5. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like it was a Hoooot mate, especially the "pushing peeps into the mosh pit" bit, lol. Thought you might be the crowd surfing type actually :rolleyes::p

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Being in the pit for the main act was too intense, I'm not 20 anymore. Like I said 5 minutes of shoving, elbowing was enought for my old body.
    Surprisingly I saw quite a few people older in there. There was a man that most likely went to black sabbath first concert with long white hairs and needed a canne to walk around that went to the pit. People helped him out of there It was nuts :)

Crowd surfing wouldn't work at 6.2 205 pound there isn't many people who would want to lift me up there ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Ran a few laps at Nur. short....should be a lot different race than zolder.

on another note, I can not drive the new gtr3 cars at all...so odd.

8. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    I find myself in the same boat for most of them. Have to learn how to control the new physics.

9. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like the wife and I at a WHO concert in 09, had a awesome time but paid dearly for it next day lol.:)
    Ya cant stop a head banger even when their geriatrics mate, that'll be me in 20 yrs rofl :eek::rolleyes:

Ya never know till ya try, lol:D

Hmmm, Im finding the opposite actually, they seem even more glued now than before the update, even the prototypes seem easier to handle now, haven't tested the wtcc15 cars against the wtcc14's, were the 2014 physics updated too?

Im very keen for a one of 2hr Enduro @ Nords with the prototypes, their just so fekin AWESOME on that track :D:cool:

Cheers

10. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I just seem to slide by every corner...alarming. Not that I think I am a good racer but I am useless with them

11. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm thats weird mate, below is the setup I had with the Daytona, not forgetting you need to brake very early and drop down thru the box evenly, I found that if I tried to late brake I kissed the wall every time, so I was using gentle braking gradually building pedal pressure while down shifting, takes a good load cell and a little getting use too, from memory I posted a 6:40.xxx, but who knows possibly quicker times there yet. Haven't really run any GT3 or GTR3's yet, could be a plan for tonight :)

https://mega.nz/#!GxcyEALa!4Obb2MyqDNgM6wRgt8ti6jkRIlqcIE260Q2F4MxNlls

12. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys

There was an incident reported for review by the stewards ( sounds professional )
    Incident involving @chrisnj @::SKRO:: and @Bobby Edge during race 1 at Zolder
    And as per rule
    4.2 Penalties
    - If an official complaint is raised to the admin of the league, a video evidence will be provided to 5 ESR members.
    - The voting member will be selected randomly from all of the ESR members (could be a participant or not of the current championship)
    - The 5 voting members will remain anonymous (please note that staff/admins are excluded from the voting process)
    - In case one is found faulty, a Drive Thru penalty will be applied for each infraction committed (to be performed the next Race Session). In addition, 5pts will be subtracted from your current score for each of those infractions.
    - In case one's not correctly positioned during formation lap(s), a penalty of -2pts x pos will be applied (6 pos away from correct one grants a DSQ)
    a penalty has been given to @Bobby Edge he will receive a -5pts on Championship points and will have to perform a Drive Through during next Round (Nurburgring) or first round possible he'll be attending. Penalty has to be served during Race 01 session.

Now on a side note. Guys we are all doing this to have fun.
    I have had a few member reporting to me some incidents and most people are just pointing them out. But a member we have had since the start told me he was thinking of dropping completely from the championship because of some overly aggressive driving from other members. ( i am not singling out Bobby here, those incidents are not related to this, This is for EVERYONE ( yes including me) )
    So please everyone, take a step back and lets try to get back to basic and have fun. Being competitive is fun but being respectful at the same time is king.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  13. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I will stop being so aggressive. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. TodlichesKraut

TodlichesKraut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I'm with Pastor Chris!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    just a reminder on a few key points of racing.
    1. its always the person attacking for position which is responsible for avoiding contact as much as possible with the defending driver.
    2. when defending, you are given first pick on which section of track you want, however, you should never move in a way which approaches the path of travel of the car behind (especially if they are along side you) this means that you can cut across them when they have room, but once they get pretty close, and are on your side, you need to not cut across them.
    3. if your not side by side by the end of the breaking zone (and just slightly clearing the bumper does not count) then its your job and the attacking driver to yield the line
    4 if your side by side at the end of the breaking zone, then both parties need to maintain enough space though the turn and nether party has the right to the line until one gets cleared.

these are simple rules which should help clear up driving standards. but if people have questions, feel free to ask.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    @Alice Margatroid I agree with this but thought it was a bit confusing in some points, so I added some clarity. Hope Im not treading on your toes here, not my intention :)
    Agreed, but it is also the defending drivers responsibility to NOT make radical moves to defend his line, especially if the defending drivers knows he is slower than his opponent, which occurs often after mandatory pitstops when quicker drivers are coming back through the field.
    In addition, defending your line doesn't mean you can swerve all over the track to stop your opponent from passing you, IRL most classes of racing allow 1 blocking move, any more results in a bad sportmanship flag.
    Only the attacking driver needs to yield, but it's NOT knowing when to yield that causes incidents, refer point 4.
    If your side by side into a corner, the inside car has the line, most times the outside car will need to brake earlier or harder to negotiate the corner, just give eachother racing room.

TBH, I race like I'm in a REAL race car, which I try not to damage by being overly aggressive, after all it's just a simulation, a hobby in fact, I'm here for the fun and friendships and don't take it too seriously.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    Love this part.
    I drive the same as this. If i can pass i will try my best Not to make contact with the other car. If i know the driver im passing is about to come over to the inside of the corner (where i am) i will drive off the track. This happens a lot! Maybe the car ahead doesnt know or cant see me?

18. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    April fools?

19. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Perfectly written. Ladies and Gentleman, the Wizard of Ozzy.

20. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    For me it depends on the corner and speed, but most times I err to the side of caution and will back out of an overtaking maneuver if the opponent looks like "shutting the door", then I reset myself to try again in the next overtaking zone. I also tend to pick out corners that are suited to overtaking to increase my chances of making a clean pass.

I also find that spatial awareness is a major skill in driving on the road IRL, I use the same skill in my sim racing. Knowing where your opponents is 90% of the time is as simple as looking in your mirrors often, having a good surround sound setup helps with this too, as I can hear cars approaching from behind or if there on my side in the blind spot. As we have all experienced in game, some cockpits make it near impossible to see an opponent in your side mirrors clearly, so spatial awareness is a valuable skill that I rely on quite a lot in sim racing.

All part of the immersion to make my racing as real as I can get it ;)

No wizardry here Chris, far from it actually, just common sense racing rules IMHO :D

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1