News Important Change is Coming. Please Read

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 2, 2016.

1. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Any chance to switch to new game engine this year?

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^ :D

Its not even certain there ever will be one! ;) They ran some examinations and experiments. Basic background research. Not more, they said. Maybe they do not even know themselves right now if ever something will come from this.

Current engine is pretty, btw.

3. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I think switch to new engine is a must. Due to VR support and other features where are devs quite limited now. Mainly VR support will be a big advantage for racing games in future when prices of VR hardware will drop lower.
    If they stay in DX9, I think game will slowly die.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    And who said the development for RR should go on forever? Maybe they have a final content list (features, tracks, cars), and work towards completing it. And once completed, stop - and start working on a new project. Raceroom 2.0.

We do not know for sure. I'm just saying.

Support for Occulus already is in the works, I seem to recall.

5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Just a hip way of saying "Agreed", "You're right" or writing "kewl" instead of "cool" kinda instagram/smartphone language for hipsters with shorttime memory issues :D :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Johannes

Johannes Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I have a question. What if I have two RRRE accounts with both having $50+ worth of content. Will I now have to decide which one to use and the other one will be lost?

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Both are linked to the same steam-account?

8. Alex Attaergo

Alex Attaergo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Using a new engine (imho) means new codes written based on eventual new research, whereas the current research and engine of the game is state of the art << simulation and physics wise. If this game would have a worthy rival from that perspective, be sure that changes will be made. Imho, as the world of racing is not taken seriously by other companies, R3E is the only simulation racing game to play and actually learn something about braking, cornering and accelerating in corners or over bumps and different road track types. DX9 can be preserved in a parallel function with DX10 and 11 so don't be so quick to judge that the game will die if you think exclusively for DX10 or 11, just the same as the devs will not remain in the past and offer only DX9 support for their project.

9. Johannes

Johannes Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Well let me be honest. For our leagues we host we try to get new guys to join in on the racing and I created an account and bought the content we use on it. Then I gave a person who would like to try-before-buying the account login/ and they use the switch in game to login with the details of this account and then race "free" for a month and decide if they want to join in by buying their own content then on their own account. Then on to the next guy to try-before-buy. So I promote RRRE getting more money and our league getting new drivers. Win Win for everyone.

Essentially it was like a younge driver program. It might be against EUL(no idea) but to get more people involved in sim racing it seemed a good idea. Now we will be losing this account with $50+ of content.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm not sure if that is against any EULA but I guess there was no need to have a 1:1 connection between Steam and Raceroom in the past. But I guess it is better to get in direct contact with @Sonat Ozturk for example to find a solution for that.

11. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    et s'ils ne répondent pas, on peut récupérer leur contenu ? :D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Before the update you need to make sure these accounts are associated with different Steam accounts then.

For the other account you can create a new Steam account and launch the game and login with that account so they get associated.

We already have Steam Id associations in your R3E accounts right now. It happens when you launch the game and log in once. Once the update hits, those associations will become permanent, meaning whatever Steam account you used last to log in to the game will be the one you are stuck with.

So you can keep using both if they are associated with different Steam accounts.

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Maybe in 2142. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. [REVS] Mograph

[REVS] Mograph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    QUick Question, Will the Multipleyer Server Output Logs still look the same ie

"Players":[
    {"FullName":"Player Name",
    "Username":"Username",
    "Car"......

Or will the Username now be the steamID?

I run Raceroomresults.net and will have to factor this in on release day in order for any existing leagues to have their results logged correctly.

15. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Sorry guys but I dont remeber situation in which I need my account credentials outside R3E application. I allways log in the game automatically without typping any passwords. Where is that milestone...?

16. Gaspedal

Gaspedal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope that we can play offline after fully integrate with Steam! otherwise I don't continue buying contents. You can offer RRE as fullprice game like Race07 with addons in the past and that is best way for us all. You making the same faults like Developers of Auto Club Revolution and now the game is dead.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  17. Spanner_76

Spanner_76 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Its seems this 'important change' is making people more worried than they need to. I'm yet to see the importance of it either. As far as i can tell this is only a change if you log in to the website via a browser rather than ingame? But as someone as mentioned using your steam details to login to a website is a bit of a hassle requiring confirmation emails. I dont access my emails on the same machine as i have steam installed.

18. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I think this announcement is for the few people who never bought content using steam wallet or have temporarily linked their R3E account to another steam account. Otherwise it is business as usual.

19. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    People don't think so much, you create a problem that wasn't there to begin with...
    The game is a separate thing from steam only thing changing is login wich you don't need to worry about as said multiple time.
    Only if you are switching between RRRE account or steam account for you can only use one RRRE account on one steam account then you have to decide wich RRRE account you want to your steam account..
    if you do not switch between RRRE acount or steam account then start game thrugh steam as usual nothing will be different in the game..
    :D happy racing :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I beg your pardon ? :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2