Problem "triple" image inside of VR headset using pimax 8kx

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von Jens Roos, 3. Februar 2022.

1. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have been trying to get my pimax 8kx to work, it worked a while ago but performance was bad with my CPU (i7-7700K OC at 5.0 GHz) limiting the fps around 60fps.

After pimax and game updates I gave it ago again but now I get an 3-in-1 picture after 5 seconds in-car, FOV is set to normal (150 degrees) in pitool.

upload_2022-2-3_22-7-17.png

Any suggestion to fix this?

2. WesleyF1987

WesleyF1987 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same issue, left RR for a while, now in VR I get the same SBS view as you.
    I was told on the Discord channel to just go back to Windows 10, as Windows 11 is a waste. I can't because I don't have a win10 License.

It's really frustrating as I am trying to get back into it.

Anhänge:

3. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have not tried for a while if it have start working again, but I'm on Windows 10 so it's not an pure Windows 11 issue.

4. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I dont know if its a useable idea but its easy to get a free copy of Win7.
    And if you have (or could create) an empty partition on your system you could install Win7 in this.

I admit that my suggestion would be more qualified if I was running VR on my existing Win7 install.
    But Im not on VR - yet :p

5. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Should probably work, but not an realistic alternative to have an W7 install just for Raceroom.

What VR headset do you have, had it working a short while in the beginning but the performance was terrible so maybe the gfx engine don't like the wide FOV of the pimax.

6. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thinking about it then I guess my proposal/idea is pretty goofy.
    Because I think I have seen somewhere that both the Facebook VR platform and also Windows VR/MR platform require Win10 :rolleyes:
    Hehe so...:D

7. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    GPU driver, Windows and Raceroom have been updated, now it works again. However performance is the same with just above 60fps with mostly low settings on i7-7k and 3080TI. Maybe when I get a better CPU it might work, set fps to 60 and keep these low setting isn't really an option since there are other choices running much better with higher settings.