App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Heppsan - I sent a PM with a link to a WIP compatible version of CC. I'm happy for this to be passed on to whoever needs it but thought it would be sensible not to confuse this thread with a link to a version of the app that doesn't work with the retail build :)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    This is by no means an urgent matter, but anyone else notice an issue with the blue flag from spotter from time to time? I hear it occasionally when no significant cars are around. Im sure its not easy to automate exactly when to call a blue flag, but it does seem to fire when it shouldnt once in awhile??

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Is it not the game that sends that info and crew chief just
    responds to that info?

4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Could be, but dont know, dont think r3e has blue flag logic yet but could be wrong

5. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Hello again,

Would it be possible to get an accustic note if the pit limiter is enabled or disabled. Something very simple like "Pit Limiter is active now" and "You've disabled the pit limiter."

Afair this data is available at the API. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    mr_belowski: pit limiter state is available in rF2 and is on backlog over there, so if R3E has this info, that'd be double score :)

7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    it looks like it's in the shared memory for R3E:

// Pit limiter (-1 = N/A, 0 = inactive, 1 = active)
    public Int32 PitLimiter;

along with
    public Int32 InPitlane;

So if we're in the pitlane and the limiter is off, the message would be "engage limiter" (or "engage limiter please Jim" if you're using personalisations), then "disengage limiter" if you go from being in the pitlane to out of the pitlane, but the limiter is still engaged a second or so later.

Does that sound sensible?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Little UP on this one :)

You may even go further: is there a value for the pit request in shared memory ? If so you may even have a message before player enter the pit lane. Something like: "Pit crew ready... don't forget to set your pit limiter on!"

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Nah, there's no pit request data in the block so I can't do any more than grumble if the limiter isn't pressed when entering, or is still enabled after exiting.

For assetto, does ASSETTO_64BIT or ASSETTO_32BIT work? That's what's in the code at the moment

10. Sparten

Sparten New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just tested it, and it works.
    Code:
    11:45:27.518 : Using game definition Assetto Corsa (32 bit)
    11:45:27.566 : Listening on default audio input device
    11:45:27.568 : Running speech recognition in 'hold button' mode
    11:45:27.575 : ACSSpotter enable
    11:45:27.577 : Starting queue monitor
    11:45:27.579 : Monitor starting
    11:45:27.583 : Polling for shared data every 100ms
    11:45:27.589 : Attempting to run game using C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steam.exe -applaunch 244210
    11:45:28.592 : Setting background sounds file to  dtm_pit_window_closed.wav
    11:45:29.069 : Playing sounds, events: radio_check/test
    11:45:29.846 : *** Processed radio_check/test
    11:46:20.089 : Initialised Assetto Corsa 1 shared memory
    11:46:20.096 : 1.7
    11:46:28.274 : New session, trigger...
    11:46:28.277 : lastSessionType = Unavailable currentGameState.SessionData.SessionType = Practice

11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for testing Morten :)

12. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.
    I've tested multiple variances, but not these :)

13. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    That wasnt my plan. ;)
    If you're already at the pit lane the harm is done. :)

Since we have no visual confirmation in R3E if the pit limiter is active or not, I would like to have a accustic confirmation that I've already pressed the button b4 I enter the pit lane. :)

Reason behind this, we had a practice race this tuesday with a mandatory pitstop and I was completely sure I've pressed the button. But obviously I didnt so the DTP followed.

Edit:
    AFAIR Proracing Dashboard shows an active button if the limiter is active, so there has to be data that state is active or not. But you are the API-god here. :)

14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I know whether the pit limiter has been pressed or not, and I know if the car's in the pitlane or not, but I don't know if the pit request button has been pressed.

I'm not keen on adding a random sound effect when your limiter is engaged - I think this is out of scope for Crew Chief, hence the suggestion of grumbling if the limiter isn't engage in the pit or disengaged on exit. A reminder to activate it is quite a challenge because I'd need to create a 'reminder zone' for each track and check the car's world position to see if it's in the zone. I have to do something similar for PCars because it doesn't have proper pit data in the shared memory. It was a pain in the arse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    I get your point, but as I said, personally I dont need a notice if I'm already in the pit lane. And even if CC would remind me to engage or disable the pit limiter while entering/leaving the pit, I still dont know if it is active now or not. So imho a combination of both would be the best, like

Pit entry detected *1: "You're about to pit. Don't forget to activate the pit limiter."
    Pit Limiter active: "Your pit limiter is now enabled."
    Pit exit detected *1: "You're leaving the pit. Watch the pit line."
    Pit Limiter deactived after pit exit: "Go, Go, Go :D"
    Pit Limiter deactived b4 pit exit: "What have you done, you "$ยง&"(=)?"

*1 I dun know much about the API, so my apology is this is maybe a stupid question. Is the available data stating you are already after the pit entry line, so already within the pit lane, or do you get the data that a car is about to pit, e.g. due to the speed warning which is always shown while you are on your way to the pit line?

16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I don't know exactly when the InPitLane flag is set - I'm assuming it's when you're in the pit lane speed limit zone (which is the only sensible definition of being in the pit lane).

I'll have a think about it :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Yes by me, just vocalizing limiter off/on would not be my preference. There are LEDs typically on MFD that show limiter state, and vocalizing that would again make CC omnipresent :)

18. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Too late you'll already get a penalty :p

19. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Nope. The message should occur as soon as the "speed limit reminder screen" shows up. :)

20. blop167

blop167 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Just a little question. If I install MSSpeech_SR_fr-FR_TELE, and change the speech recognition location, does it will work ?