App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    no, the app has a set of phrases it listens for, which are in English. If you change the recogniser to FR and install the FR language pack, the app's phrases wouldn't make sense.

Of course, you can override these, so it can be made to work. If you look in the app's installation folder there's a file called speech_recognition_config.txt. This has all the phrases the app listens for. These would need to be translated into French. The file contains some instructions about how you do this but essentially it maps a key which the app uses to select a response, to a phrase - e.g.

REPEAT_LAST_MESSAGE = repeat last message:say again

this means that saying "repeat last message" or "say again" tells the app to repeat the last message. You might override this so it looks like this:

REPEAT_LAST_MESSAGE = répéter le dernier message

I suggest you read that file because there are some complications, where a phrase to recognise is assembled from fragments which might be hard to translate

2. mikemark

mikemark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im having an issue where im redirected to the desktop mid race in multiplayer every 10 minutes or so with crew chief on. When I have it off raceroom doesn't exit to windows desktop.

Awesome app i love it thanks for all your hard work !

3. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Crew Chief is now updated to work with the latest build. Any problems, please give me a yell - this release is choc-full of new awesome so there might be a few wobbles to start with

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. haxx

haxx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sadly since the update the spotter is barely telling me something... just laptimes and how much time in the session is left, is the only thing he keeps saying -.- and the most important thing for me was actually to have the spotter in online races while having opponents around me on the left or right side and he kept telling me where they are...

i had problems as well to install it on windows 10 and a friend of mine not... but i dont remember the w10 error code -.- because i had it running without any issues later until the RR update yesterday -.- xD

Edit : after deleting the appdata folder and re-install it works perfect again...important was to remove the folder ;) i tried it before with a re-install and cleaning the registry but this didn't worked out... thanks 4 the advice :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  5. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Anyone also have this problem?

I recommend uninstalling it and re-downloading from the link on the first page of this thread. Also, remove the users/[user name]/AppData/local/Britton IT Ltd/ folder which will reset the app to default settings

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. A_Adams

A_Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The new update for RRE, they said the changed the data for the tire, When I used the new FFUS car. crew chief said my tires were very wore it two laps, But the bar showed no wear. Have you notice anything?

7. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering why I couldn't get it to launch. This fixed it :)

8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The new R3E build and the new Crew Chief build should be in sync here - if you're using the old Crew Chief with the new R3E you'll get innaccurate tyre wear messages, but the new CC build should work properly. Has the auto-updater run correctly? If you're not sure, I recommend uninstalling Crew Chief and downloading it again from the link on the first page of this thread (which is the latest version)

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Big update for Crew Chief today to bring the Personalisations into the app proper - they should auto-download and auto-update, and be selectable from a drop-down list. So no more faffing with magic .zip files, hooray :D

I had to update twice because of some seriously weird stuff going on with Properties updates from previous versions - hopefully it all works as intended but holler if it doesn't

• Like Like x 3
  10. XR Freestyler

XR Freestyler Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Oh no, my Name is missing....(Lars)

11. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    My name to (Jos) :mad::rolleyes:;)

12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    There will be more names added so don't panic lads ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the multiple updates guys, think I've finally got it working now

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    hey Jim,
    my anti virus (avast) doesnt like the new update. i tell it to trust the file but then windows tells me it cant acess the file. i dont have the appeopriate permissions?

15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    it's a false positive - not the first one unfortunately. You can submit the exe to their reporting service but I don't know how to do this, or disable heuristic scanning. I'd uninstall the app, disable heuristic scanning and reboot then try installing it again

16. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Saw someone rage at Reiza and AMS for the same reason just a few days ago, seems a lot of modern AV software is having trouble playing nice these days.

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    yeah. Of course, once you install Crew Chief all your credit cards are belong to us, but that's no reason for AV to get narky.

Perhaps it's grumbling because I've managed to release not one but two broken updates in one day. If the third update is also broken I'm going to go drive a truck for a living instead

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I know when the better half asks why there's now a new console in the living room I'm blaming Crew Chief.

19. Montag911

Montag911 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My name to (Lothar)

20. Nismo

Nismo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Could you please add my name: Johan
    Very much appreciated!! :)