Released Anderstorp

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 6, 2017.

1. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    That’s true, the newer tracks like Sachsenring, Sonoma, Spa, Nordschleife … are amazing but the older need some rework in some parts.

3. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    I love that old school track....wonderfull news!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Which tracks do you find lacking ?

5. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    The Swedish tracks aren't really FIA grade 1 material but they make for some fun racing, especially with lower powered cars. Anderstorp gives me flashbacks to GTR2 when you tried to do the Driving School in the RHD TVR T400r and could not see jack-shit out of the cockpit. :D

If someone wondered, T04 today is named "Startkurvan" ("Start corner") and is done so since the old start finish line was between what is now T03 and T04.

There are a few tracks where there's been upgrades/work done to the real track. Indianapolis is one, Nordschleife is another (although this was done just recently over winter so can't really "blame" anyone there). The overall quality of the tracks in RaceRoom is very high in my opinion.

Laguna Seca was a bit dated but it was recently updated in the latest patch.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  6. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and if one would talk about simulation value, Sector3 would need to implement the same noise restrictions that Sweden have on all tracks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

95 dB for Swedish tracks. Can't disturb the people who build houses next to racetracks. How could they know that there would be polluting cars making loud noises there?

Got to feel for them...:rolleyes:

And you can't disturb people but risk loosing a zip-tied silencer and hurting someone is completely fine.

• Funny Funny x 13
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  7. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Is there a twin stacks version?
    Will it fit on my Honda!

Know what you mean, Brands Hatch is like that, no racing allowed after 18:00. Or something like that. Just because there is a house near the Westfield Bend.

Honestly, if I could afford a house near there, the racing would be a benefit!!

• Like Like x 4
  8. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Super excited about this track.:) It's a love/hate relationship for me.:cool: Love it when my setup is good,:rolleyes: hate it when its noto_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Nice. While I hope for more North American tracks. I think RaceRoom is very smart to release 3 Swedish tracks that you are unlikely to see in other sims, especially Iracing. Having content no one else has and being good quality will bring more people to R3E

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    EuroSpeedway
    2015-12-26_00002.jpg

Sachsenring
    2015-12-26_00004.jpg

Still any questions? ;-)

If you are racing in medium graphic deatils, you can see a lot of differences between the tracks. Some older tracks need more environment details like roads, trees, buildings, the 2D/3D grass models (like you can find in Spa) and of course better textures.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I see what you mean.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Oh yes: is the EuroSpeedway available in the store??? I never noticed... :D :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    There's a preview of the track out :

• Like Like x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the track looking photo realistic? I'd much rather 10 tracks at 50% detail than 5 at 100%.

• Disagree Disagree x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    From a business perspective, what would the perception of Sector3 be if they released Nordschleife without any trees? That is about 50% of the detail of the entire track that would be gone.

Well, no one would buy something that looks so awful, Sector3 would have a terrible reputation, and no one would buy future tracks knowing how poor the last ones turned out.

So, I dont foresee this happening :p

Aside from that.... I dont really see what 10 tracks at 50% detail or 5 tracks at 100% detail means. Is this implying that if they did less work on them, they would release quicker?

Im sure they could be done a bit quicker, but the tracks still go through a lot of testing.... bugs are found and corrected, then it goes through testing again until it is at a good level. So, the overall time may not be cut down quite as much as you expect. Unless you want the entire overall quality of the track to suffer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    WOW.

There is really much "sectro3" and yellow "ST" advertisement. THAT looks really ugly.

17. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Wow, a brutal preview attack on YouTube, even EmptyBox released a generally positive review of the definitely not DW12. :D
    I envy your problems.:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    yes you are :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I would say maybe some middle ground is understandable.

20. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Waiting a bit longer for the perfect track. Then enjoying perfect track endlessly.;)
    My opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1