Sector3! Make a normal AI!!!

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von GTDnipro, 10. März 2017.

1. GTDnipro

GTDnipro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    DTM 2015, WTCC 2015, GT3/ADAC 2015 (especially my favorite DTM 2015).
    Almost all tracks, somewhere more, somewhere less. I did not remember. In the last race I was pushed out of the track on the last lap at Oschersleben.
    AI difficulty level 95-100.
    DTM 2015 - 24 cars, others classes - 18 cars.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 11. März 2017
  2. GTDnipro

GTDnipro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can say the same thing.

3. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    The AI in R3E was doing wonderful (not perfect, I mean in terms of a good developement, improving every time). The "problems" started when the openwheelers were introduced, the AI had to be tweaked and became really bad. Now they're fixing it to be chalenging again. It has its ups and downs as Sky said, and still can be frustrating at times, but it is a fact it's getting better. Now I never get rammed in the back but there's still an issue with their awareness in corners. I'm sure this will be sorted out because S3 is doing an excellent job so by the moment it's me who has to "adapt" to those behaviours, I know what they do so I don't put myself in the position to be taken out. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    So I spent the evening testing some of the combos mentioned earlier.
    No problems with the DTMs or GT3s in any way, shape or form.

But I will agree that there's an issue with the GTOs.
    Though I don't think it's an awareness-bug. I think it's the same problem we had earlier with the Audi TTs, the AI has trouble handling the weight-shifting.
    When you look at the replays, the AI does actually try to correct but either it over-corrects or it counter-steers too hard making it waggle, in both instances possibly hitting the player.
    It simply doesn't have the control necessary to run side-by-side with the GTOs.
    And watching the AI trying to trail-brake in the GTOs is....Eventful. :D
    Ran full grid (i.e. all 18 cars in the pack), and running around level 100-103.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. GTDnipro

GTDnipro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand that the best proof of my words is to post here a video about blind AI. But I'm too lazy to do this. :) But maybe I'll do it after all.

6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    If you drop the speed "just a little" in real life (in places you should not) there is a huge chance you will also get tapped from behind.
    And if you respect the AI's raceline, they will most likely NOT hit you.
    It is also not true that you spin every time there is contact. I have been testing this only yesterday in the NSU (several tracks - AI 110%).
    It is not my 'normal' way of racing, but I managed to tap every AI on front of me, causing them to spin out and lose their position, I did not spin once, though in a few cases I had some quick recovery work to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 13. März 2017
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I like to ask what is a 'Normal AI'?? come to that what is normal..:confused:

If the dev's can cure the lack of awareness and rear ending the AI will be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    @Fanapryde anyway it is well known, that some classes are worst than others... DTM92 and GTO just as few exemple.
    If everything is set to its best I just love this AI!!! But nevertheless I can safely pretend, that the AI should work to my satisfaction even if the Guy in my back is faster than me ;):)

9. GTDnipro

GTDnipro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did not have to choose a moment for a long time. As soon as I decided to shoot the video, I was immediately shot down. Pay attention, I do not lose speed, I do not cut anyone. And AI behind me in front of the impact suddenly increased speed dramatically. And I flew off the track, and AI continued to go on the track. And if on the contrary I will beat in the back of the AI then all the same from the track I will fly, and not AI.

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    id have hit you aswell in that position , you were driving off line , slowly at the turn in point from the corner , you were off throttle

turn the Ai down as obviously your not that quick

Andi

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. GTDnipro

GTDnipro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I moved at the same speed with the AI for a few seconds. And I did not lose speed absolutely. That is, in real life, if someone is going before you with the wrong speed, how do you want it, you hit him in the back and cause an accident?!!! It's funny.

12. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    imagine i join a btcc grid in real life , they will treat me and expect me to run the lines and corner speed, they wouldnt brake they'd sit on my bumper , if i lift im getting a smack , ive watched your video a few times , and have asked other peoples opinion ... its sunday , and im trying to be full of weekend joy , but its not happening; so .....
    honestly looking at that video , your race craft sucks , your offine , running slow ; youve missed the corner entry and you got smacked , the Ai.. expected you to be not there at that point , you should have turned in and be under power you werent.....
    work on your race craft ... turn the AI down

Andi

13. Pekro

Pekro Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin: You're not serious, are you?
    When a slower driver is in front of you (maybe breaking a bit earlier), and you see him, you would push him off the track instead of avoiding a collision???

14. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    thing is is if you teach the Ai to avoid this situation , then its over they will never race at all , because they would say oh look theres a car ill hold back just in case , the Ai commits to the corner at the turn in point ,judging as i would that he would be coming under power and turning in to run wide in that corner , id be looking as i believe the Ai is , to slide underneath ..; i would never expect him to still be there

Andi

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. rubbaDuck

rubbaDuck Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin is just right: The one and only reason why the Raceroom AI is so good, is that it expects the player to do proper laps. There is no other sim (and I played a lot in the last 15 years) where you can have such hard and intense fights with the AI drivers. And yes, that means that you have to learn a clean driving style and choose an AI level that fits your performance. What might be frustrating in the beginning.

But you can see exactly these things happening in real life... most crashes in motorsports are happening because some driver is doing unexpected things like breaking to early or choosing extraordinary lines. This is racing with only little to no room for mistakes, not big-city traffic. ;)

And @GTDnipro: I can only recommend to you... watch your replays and ask yourself what you might have done wrong. R3E AI is not perfect, but most times there is a good reason why they are doing "mistakes". And as a new driver often you won't be able to see this from cockpit view.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 12. März 2017
  16. GTDnipro

GTDnipro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do not discuss here my skills, but the realism of AI behavior. On video, the problem of realism in the behavior of AI is obvious.
    AI moves through the development scripts and does not see any obstacles in its path. I made this video in 5 minutes, in an hour I could choose dozens of similar collisions.
    I just want developers to pay attention to it and correct it in favor of realism.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 12. März 2017
  17. GTDnipro

GTDnipro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Try the rFactor 2. There is not this problem with AI, although collisions are also certainly present. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Question is off course : what is realism ? Do you think it is realism when the ai is not allowed to make mistakes, but you are allowed ?

19. GTDnipro

GTDnipro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Of course there must be mistakes. But when it's constantly the game is already unplayable.

20. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Have a look at the WTCC and BTCC races in real life and you will notice the ai in this game is even not aggressive enough.
    Incidents like this happen in every touring car race in real life.

• Agree Agree x 1