eSports WTCC - Discussion

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    @Norbert Leitner @ChatCureuil, I've just tired theses corners with all the 5 cars and their default setup, no clue to take the left corner with big compression at full Throttle. Can i suggest a bad racing line ? Or a not good knowledge of this corner with these cars ? If I remember well, the first time i tried the WTCC 2016 on the Nord, i was always in the grass at this corner with big compression

2. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Yes maybe a bad knowledge of the WTCC, I'm surprised to see that, and only in R3E. Now I do it full throttle and let the car slide but still don't really understand. :)

Try the Honda, it's the worst. ;)

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  3. Pursang

Pursang Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    You really solved your problems, i see your cat is in 4th position!! well done

I have same issue in that corner, understeer and poor stability, how do you solve it?

4. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I didn't solve it, and still would like to understand why. But after trying cars except Lada, I found Chevrolet and Volvo fit better to me, and they are better in this strange part. I wait the slide to end and brake when car is straight.

The problem I solved is that I was going to hate this WTCC when trying to do a first lap on Nordschleife, and now I'm going to love them! :) This is intense driving on Nordschleife. ^^

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  5. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I am really having a hard time getting even a decent lap in.
    With the previous tracks you could really be aggressive and the car was quite stable.
    On the Nord its a pain in the ass.

Braking hard and the car breaks loose, lifting off trottle and the car breaks loose, at some corners at high speeds the car feels like having no grip at all, a small steering adjustment and the car goes again.
    I am no great driver but its hard to attack my own best lap if I am stuggling to even get a lap finished at all...

Any tips with these cars? I just want it to be more stable.
    Tried with the Volvo and my best is a shitty 9:18, can shave off more easily but its like a lottery at some corners, since there are quite a few of them I don't seem to get lucky.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Yes I also had hard time beginning on Nordschleife. Some driving basis are really important here, particularly at high speed. Don't lift off throttle in turns, always accelerate or brake, best is to accelerate. Don't downshift at high RPM when hard breaking or front wheels will be overwhelmed.
    Work on the setup, it can make the car feel totally different. ;)

7. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed, that the cars are constantly producing backfires, on straights, on throttle, of throttle, just always? at least during replays. I is meant to be like that? Currently I am driving on the Nordschleife

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    can you upload a video of that? would be interessting...

9. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    happen to me too, but not always and only with the WTCC e-sport cars. Not with the wtcc 2016. With the Volvo it's a real firework with his two exhaust ^^

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    and during replays someone is playing drums all the time

11. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Probably he's hungry, and he roasts some sausage rolls on the backfires :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    We Assetto Corsa now

• Funny Funny x 6
  13. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Back fire bug on Volvo + drift bonus! :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    what a slide ! :D you have to celebrate this with some constant flames from your exhaust !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    It seems the backfire bug is only on instant replay, I don't see it on a session replay.

16. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Just gave it about 1 and a half hour to focus on getting in a decent lap with the Volvo and achieving 8.47.2 can't complain. I have had 2 earlier sessions where i just stopped after half an hour because of "frustration" with the car.
    Just like @rbn says it's hard to nail it on certain corners, specificaly turning in for the faster corners.
    The rear just breaks loose and there you go :eek:

For Tiergarten, the last fast combination i purposely slow down to just make it, haha :confused:

Have to say this is one of, if not the toughest combination i ever drove..

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  17. Tanguy Pedrazzoli

Tanguy Pedrazzoli Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Just done a lap on the nordschleife, 8'39. I don't know the track very well, and the car has too much oversteer. I expect to be 3 seconds within the first time soon, and maybe I will be in the 8'33 or lower this week end.

But man, what a combo !

18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  19. Daniel Fredriksson

Daniel Fredriksson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've got a probelm with the Nordschleife leaderboard atm. Done a few laps (without cut) and my time doesn't show on the leaderboard. I've got points for it in the Total standings and I can see my time and place in-game. Anyone know what the problem could be?

20. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    @m.bohlken Thanks for pointing this out! It seems that WTCC changed the address. We are on it.