The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    @nate
    If you say so...

Also, about haswell and it's been true since even on new Ryzen according to other recent readings (up to the sweet spot like I mentioned)
    http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/blog/2014/march/haswellrealworld

I mentioned 1600 because I was comparing that as it wasn't enough before for haswell, lower clock speeds people just tend to buy can cause issues, depending on the game. I know this for a fact here and it popped up in other places too (pC1 forums too IIRC).
    I didn't mean 1600 on ryzen. Just phrased it wrongly it seems.

/OT

2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
  3. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Pretty impressive... I' m going to have so much fun ! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I wish I could say the same. I can't drift :D

5. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    And Project Cars 2 is now available. And what a pleasant surprise it is! Handling is pretty sweet out of the box. And you only have to fiddle a little to set your own preferable sweet point in FFB and video settings. Multiscreen support is great. UI is pretty pleasant. And the "classic" endurance department is so sweet. Hope to see some more recent LMP1H coming in the future. But the "old" GTR1's, LMP900's etc... That alone is enough reason for me to love it ;)

I didn't had high hopes, but with some footage last days it gained my attention more and more. I took the hard bite and pre-ordered the Deluxe with season pass on Steam (mainly because the Panoz) and it doesn't disappoint me a single bit. Of course there are always things to wish for and room for improvement, but compared to the first iteration of Project Cars, it really shook off it's arcade feathers. Project Cars 2 is pretty much a proper sim imho though some may disagree. But I suppose some folks will never be happy :p;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I played about 45 minutes last night and found it very enjoyable over the first one. My two favorite cars in the world are in the game and that's the two I used last night for the most part (Ford GTE and Nissan GT3). The AI behaved well, no major issues short of attempting an oval race at Indy. The AI wasn't good there, but I have other games for oval racing

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    ..and what is raceroom?

9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    a 3dfx Interactive... :cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Powered by KW Suspensions :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Thought I might be of help for anyone that's on the fence for this title.
    This is my steam review of Pcars 2:
    Wow!! They really messed it up!!.. .

Sound, yeah a bit better than Pcars 1, but the skid sound is awful!!

Visuals is broken, trees, buildings and objects are transparent, flickering and uggly textures, and the replays are a stuttering ugly mess..
    Is it somwhere Pcars 2 should shine it's in graphics! But it actually looks worse than Raceroom in VR.. . (Not that R3E looks ugly, just not the best looking VR game)

AI is improved over Pcars 1, but not perfect by any means.

Physics? And here is what made it for me.
    Might be a tiny bit better than in Pcars 1, but this is still not how cars handle!
    And for people debating this, yes the FFB is decent, but that doesen't change the fact that the physics, the way the cars feels and behaves, are totally wrong! - FFB and Physics are two separate things!
    Instead of making a few really good cars with solid physics, they did almost 200 shitty ones!!.. . :O
    Most cars also feels / behaves exactly the same.. LOL!

Conclusion:
    This game seemes to look good fore some (not me), lots of tracks and cars to drive.
    Some really cool features: multy class racing, manual rolling starts, damage model and cool down / end lap to the pits.
    And of course dynamic time, weather, and they even added seasons!
    Winter feels totally wrong for track racing though, winter is off season.. but Spring and fall is a really cool addition!
    But than again, they managed to fu*k up the most important of all things in a racing game / """sim""" = The physics!!!.. .

To sum it up, REFUNDED.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    It looks good, really good, but it is a bit heavy on FPS, maybe I have to look for other settings.
    On the other hand, as opposed to the post above: I have NO transparent objects, no flicker, no ugly tectures and replays are working flawless (be it a bit worse than pCars1, since there is no way - or I did not find it yet - to start a replay at a point you want).
    Have not raced yet, just test sessions, so I can't say anything about AI yet.

Physics ?
    Only drove a few cars, mostly on Knockhill.
    The Audi S1 (which I know rather well) behaves like it should. Very nice drive, fun to play with.
    The BMW 2002 (which I owned for more than 10 years feels exactly like I remember it, reacts the same way).
    The BAC Mono is A LOT better than AC's (though there it is a mod car).
    The Bentley GT3 at Bathurst felt a bit off to me, but hey, I never drove the car IRL.
    The Audi R8 LMS is a lot better than AC's, sounds better too.

FFB ? (should have started with this)
    I started this morning with stock settings, which was a (huge) dissapointment, a real downer since I expected a massive improvement over pCars1. Left the game for a while... even thinking about a refund, so bad...
    But a few changes later I seem to have hit the sweet spot for my gear and it is good, very good even, still not the best (but maybe it needs some more tweaks).

4 out of 5 cars were VERY good and all felt different.
    I guess you tried all cars in less than 2 hrs then ? Kudos...

To sum it up:
    Only tried a tiny bit and I am very pleased with it.
    Started with a fresh feel (no sim racing for 22 days due to a vacation) and tried all my sims.
    pCars2 could very well become one of the best, hell even the cars sounded great.
    IMO, SMS nailed this for now... :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Online broken, AI pileups every race, crappy vr performance, no sensation of speed, tons of promised features (including some important advertised features) missing, no information from the devs. It's a solid base for a game but feels like they released it months before it was finished.

It's all very familiar :(

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Comparing Formula Rookie, Clio Cup, Ford Sierra RS500, Mercedes-Benz 190e, Porsche 935/80 Group 5, Porsche Cayman GT4 and Mercedes AMG GT3 I didn't need to.. . :eek::confused:o_O
    7 vastly different cars, but if I couldn't hear the sound or see the cockpits, I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, beside from that the acceleration and the speed of the cars was different..

Apon that, none of them feelt really good or authentic.
    Again, not talking about FFB I'm getting in the wheel, didn't have any issues with that.
    I'm talking about the physical, characteristics and behavior of the cars based on the enviorment and my inputs.
    The cars just feels forced, sluggish, disconnected and bland.
    Like driving an arcade title with a controller, but with a wheel.. I know, really strange. But I can't describe it better than that, the physics just fells wrong / off.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    So... you liked it? :D

I have not bought it but in a lot of videos I've seen the car has that funny shimmying, on-a-dime motion that doesn't look natural at all. But I might be imagining it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    No, that's how i experience it, unnatural.

17. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I buyed it back in August 28 i think - and i refunded it today.

Graphics are in my opinion not really great, it reminds me on some tracks which are not really optimized -> flickering and stuttering and bad fps all over the corner.

I tried (2h) every single thing regarding ffb to have a feeling what my "back of the car" is doing -> i could not find a setting which whispers me when i loose my back, nor did i had an idea what happend when i was "over"braking or not. Maybe i am to dumb, but in case of R3E or AC or RF2 i feel what the rear is doing - in PCars 2 i had no idea if i had traction or loss of traction or both or... when spinning out i saw it visually - thats it. (if someone have an idea why that happend, im sure a lot of people are happy to resolve this)

Anyway, if in 15 minutes i cant have a feeling for a car (with a bit of fiddeling in the FFB-Section), then either i am wrong or its not for me

:)

Greets
    Jo

btw: racing in rain and night we can enjoy in rf2 if everything goes right in future ... snow and bad weather i have in my country all day long...

18. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @heppsan being a beta tester has done to you what it does to the rest of us testers, it ruins every other game because all you see is the bugs :D

Haven't bought pCars2, Ian Bell says he's cool with people downloading hacked copies so I may do that at some point but other than that, I have several people who are like minded and tend to have the same opinions about various things as I do, who have all said they bought it, tried it, refunded it.
    I don't have money to waste, so will be avoiding for now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Nothing? It's not sponsored by AMD or Nvidia.

(wasnt sure if you were seriously asking, so I answered anyway.)

I sincerely hope an officially licensed and released car is better than a crappy illegal conversion from an old Forza game done by a russian 'modder' in 5 minutes. :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Sadly I agree! First race was a full grid of AI GT3 cars at Imola and I had to restart the race 5 times as the AI obliterated themselves on the first corner. I'm sure the game will have its share of fans but I'm having a very hard tiome loving anything apart from hot lapping when running solo.

Love certain aspects of the release; lots of cars and tracks to select, season changes, ToD, & lots of weather changes (even with the frame rate hit) and some cars feel excellent.