Released November 2017 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I was driving on Spa and my laptimes varied around 2 Seconds between the cars. 2:18.XXX with the AMG GT3 for example and 2:20.XXX with the M6 GT3. The M6 gives me around 250 km/h at the end of Kemmel while the AMG is around 262 km/h. I noticed that my exit speed from Eau Rouge is comparatively low already with the M6, but I can take it completely flat out, no need to lift or something. So I thought maybe it's bottoming out and I lifted the car for 2 cm, sadly to no avail. Maybe it's still bottoming out and I also need to stiffen the springs. I will surely investigate further and report back here, but at some point I had to call it a night and now I'm at work... ;)

One thing I can say for sure is this: the differences between the cars regarding behaviour and feel have greatly increased which is a very good thing. Before the cars felt more alike to each other. That made it easier to change between cars but on the other hand was a bit boring in my opinion. But this also means that BoPing the cars will be more difficult than before.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Great work guys! Last night I spent ~2 hours just circulating around in the new GT3's at different circuits with a retarded smile on my face.:D The new physics are a significant step forward in my opinion, they are much more "believeable" than the previous iteration. And as others said, the car characteristics are significantly different now, I had to adapt my driving style to the new car when I switched from one to another.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Of course the Amg is faster on spa because it has many long straights. I think on a more twisty track the M6 will have the upper hand.
    I've chosen Paul Ricard because it has every element of the tracks out there in one track. So you can see the weaknesses and strengths of the cars subtract to almost zero advantage.

4. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    From my testing on spa the cars are quite balanced as long as you get to know how to drive the cars. M6, Bently and Callaway corvette can keep up with the amg in terms of lap times. On straights the AMG and Bently are faster than the m6 but on braking the m6 gets right back where it left a gap on the straights same goes for the Callaway. Other cars i havent really tested on Spa yet

AMG is fast but a mistake is easy to be made with a high change of losing allot of time.
    The Callaway keeps up if not go faster than the AMG on spa. Did a couple of online races on spa with both the AMG and Callaway and Callaway is easier on the fuel load. I can also keep up with decently fast people in the AMG with the Callaway.

I just been testing on stock setup with lower downforce when possible and increased brake force to 98% or 100% depending on car. But from what i read and see people say in the chat mid qually is that some people dont take enough time to learn the car they are trying to drive and jump straight to conclusions that the new cars are the fastest. Every car drives different give it time to get used to it and abuse the strong points of that car.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Actually the M6 should be quick on the straights and it is by no means particularly fast around corners. ;) And 2 Seconds is a bit too much of a difference in any case.

And we should not forget that every driver has his strengths and weaknesses too. So comparing my driving with your driving might be difficult. Funny thing is the fact that the M6 is a car that suits me very well, still I'm slow in it. I don't wonder being not upto pace in the Audi as its not quite the kind of car I can get around in fast.

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Thought you were at work! :D

7. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I am. But I have a good memory although I was quite tired yesterday... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ROB HUFF

ROB HUFF New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The new spectacular physics, but in some cars example 911 Gt3 the gearbox is not progressive. There is a gap between one gear and the next that makes it very difficult to lower the times. In general an excellent job. Congratulations team

9. Jörg Menzel

Jörg Menzel Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I can not race anymore against the AI. Before the patch I had 60 FPS, now they go down to 45FPS. Have an AMD R9 390 and the latest driver on it. Processor i7 4790K. That would be enough or not? Unfortunately, it has become inaccessible. Pity

PS: I'm driving Tripple Screen

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    do you play in 32 or 64bit? If you've tried 64bit have you checked it with 32bit?

11. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    The true triple screen support comes at a price in terms of performance, since you are now rendering 3 separate images, instead of one.
    If your hardware isn't powerful enough, you can always remove the startup argument and use the old style triple screen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jörg Menzel

Jörg Menzel Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    32 or 64 bit makes no difference.

13. Jörg Menzel

Jörg Menzel Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Should my hardware really not be enough for that? AMD R9 390 ,Prozessor i7 4790K

14. Dirk Bachmann

Dirk Bachmann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Confirm with the Driving Force GT.
    Had to use a new Profile and lower the overall FFB Strength to 82% for the best Result (Ingame).
    With my old settings FFB feels "dumb" , not as before in the old version.
    Now it feels great.

btw: new cars,physics and sounds are awesome......just saying :)

15. [RS] Knatter

[RS] Knatter New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nachdem gestern alles einwandfrei war, sitze ich nun vor lauter lila servern weil mir angeblich irgendwas an Ausstattung fehlt.
    Ausser Imola hab ich alles.
    Was denn nu wieder geschehen ?

16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    The game was just in maintenance mode. So if you were playing within the past 30 minutes, there may have been errors.

Maintenance mode should be over now, so please try again in a short while and see if it works. :)

17. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    Maybe not to run it at maximum settings.
    Try and reduce some visual settings, starting with car reflections, motion blur, etc.

18. Jörg Menzel

Jörg Menzel Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Have everything on medium. Blur is out. Relections Low. Shadow medium

19. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Is Vsync active in game? If yes try to deactivate it. If needed - let the driver do it.
    Not sure if Window-Mode is needed for triple-screen. If not, switch to full-screen.
    As you are using an I7 you can deactivate Hyper-Threading in the BIOS. More than 4-cores aren't really needed at the moment - for Raceroom 2 cores are enough. Other games utilizes 4 cores but more is very rare but slowly starting now.

20. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Finally bought the GTR3 pack. I've been waiting on these three cars before doing so. Got everything with all liveries for peanuts.

• Like Like x 3