SLI Support?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coobra, Jan 29, 2015.

1. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Put it this way.. Here's a reference video i made using my Xperia X5. It's limited to record at 60fps and is pretty pants as a recording device considering what's out there. (it's a non-ad supported video because it was made just purely for reference)

2. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. enzocarbone

enzocarbone New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    With those setting you use only one card (tested on my rig with MSI afterburner). How you can drive three 4K monitors at 60 fps? In addition, with "antialiasing - transparency" setting on "off/multisampling" you see the edges of the shadows on the asphalt very sharp and not like the video. To obtain those kind of shadows edges you have to set the above parameter at least on "2x Sparse Grid Supersampling", though this setting sucks a lot of fps.

4. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    You'd have to look at my signature. Running three 980's. Each one powers one monitor.

5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, I was not aware you could run one GPU per card, since with AMD cards I always had to plug all monitors into the "main" card. So with this one-to-one gpu/monitor surround setup, does this bypass much of the issues with SLI?

6. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    I tried running triple SLi with all three monitors plugged into one card. It was bad, really really bad. So then i changed it to one-to-one, swapped from SLi to Span Displays with Surround and it was fine. Few tweaks with the driver using nvinspector, a gentle O/C and it's been great. Medium-High settings and 2xMSAA and a constant 60fps but can't use motion blur, that kills it completely.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hey Gents

I run SLI just fine. I get anything between 55 & 65 fps, I had to turn MXAA off, but didn’t see much difference. My resolution is 11520x2160, I run 2 1080TI’s. With mxaa on, I only got about 45fps. The rest of my settings are on max, except shadows, the are medium. I run 3x samsung 32 inch 4k monitors. They are a blast. Both AC and R3E i run similar on fps, but in AC I do get some micro stuttering, but very slight depending on which track, but also only on specific corners.

If anyone wants to run true 12k @ 60hz res I don’t think any other card but a 1080TI will do the trick at this massive resolution. Please I am talking 3 way SLI, not 3 or 4 cards,

I have a attached a picture, Its not the best, but its really decent I think.

Thank you
    Ant

Attached Files:

8. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    But I thought to run sli, the game had to support it ; and this game doesn't.

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    "True" 12k doesnt exist.

Three 4k monitors is not 12k, and a 1080ti certainly wouldnt be enough for that if it did exist :p

In some games, you can kind of come up with a hacky solution if you use Nvidia Inspector.

AFAIK, RR still doesnt support sli officially though. Been too long now since I have had 2 gpus, so I havent really followed development there too closely.

10. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I think I know if both my cards are running or not ;););)

Please find my resolution attached.

Also a like for information for you the guys to see.

Aggreed 100% a single 1080, to run these amount of pixels would be tough.

Ant

Attached Files:

11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Im not sure what you are trying to show here, but you arent running 12k. You are running what amounts to, "super ultra wide 4k."

A real 12k resolution would be 11520 x 6480 pixels. You are missing all the vertical height that would be present.

8k doesnt even exist yet, so 12k is a loooong ways off.

Not that this matters much, but people too often confuse and conflate the correct terms for this stuff. Like people who call 1440p "2k", ugh. :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Nate Bru

Not trying to show anything. The point of the thread is sli. I know natively 12k doesn’t exist. 8k does exist if you have 5k USD to spend.

All I was saying in my original post, I some pretty good resolution and I got both my cards to work. Take it or leave it. Bottom line. I can’t call a spade a fork can I.

Anyway, really not interested in getting into any arguments, as I never post anything, I just thought this would be helpful for some. Don’t have the energy for forum tit for tat.

Have fun
    Ant