View Stuck under floor in Cockpit View [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blanes, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    What is your steam launch option ?

2. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Tried all options of loading in steam from menu to desktop launcher. 64 bit. It does not seem related to any of that.

3. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I meant like “ -vr monitor “ etc

4. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    The problem persists whether in vr or flatscreen monitor and whether I mirror monitor in vr or not I tried all parameters I could think of.

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The reason I asked about this was to find out if you're using one of the "automated" methods to apply the edit instead of doing it manually. So I assume you are doing it with any of those progs and applying automatically, correct?
    If so, please c&p the string(s) you entered and also take a screenshot of the settings you used inside the program. Maybe you've a typo in the string you're injecting, or it is being applied to more than just the cam files and corrupts other files.

6. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Christian I understand and you may have missed my answer but I did not use the automated script method.

After now I found an error and trying to redownload. Hopefully might be the edit ! You could be correct Christian ! I hope anyway ;)

[SOLVED] Christian (& Andy) has solved my Puzzle ... Beers and Hugs to them ! :D

Problem : Cockpit View stuck under car
    Cause : Sloppy Edit by Some Gigantic Idiot ! {me}
    Red Herrings : Nvidia GPU Driver and re-copying wrongly edited line multiple times, Doh !
    Solution : Fix error in Cam File
    <orientationSpeed type="Vector">{0.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000}</orientationSpeed
    [Missing > after Speed]

Thanks Christian & Andy for finding my missing brain cells :confused:
    ps. That little 'ol > is really hard to notice when you are searching frantically under stress ... at least that is my excuse I will stick with :p But really, thanks guys for your help.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018