Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I had Assetto in my Library since 2014 while being focussed on RRE and from my first impression with AC I had no further interest but due to an upcoming LM-Event in my community, I recently decided to give it a go. Well :), after four years there are a lot of improvements (like with RRE) and frankly said AC feels like RRE (high) on DX11 to me (while nothing can beat the sense of immersion with RRE !) - I had no issues whatsoever to initially feel home in my Assetto Cockpit, and even the LM-Mod-Track feels superb...I just find the UI/Menu a bit overcomplicated - even if it looks very "hip" :D
    There are slight differences of course but compared to PCars 2 (checked out LeMans with PCars as well) you instantly know which are the Top Dogs in simracing- (honestly PC2 ist just a joke and apears like "Lets patch together a lotta fancy stuff somehow & for the sake of it, put an expensive LM-License on top so that nobody can complain about wasting fundraising money and the mainstream racegame fan will love it anyway.").
    So my interest in ACC is growing constantly and I also start to worry about RRE and GTR 3 cause Kunos is obviously a step ahead of Sector 3 /Simbin UK, got their stuff together right in time (planning ACC) and are on the verge to release what all true simracing fans want to get Here &NOW (while expecting it from S3 and Simbin )..
    I 'm not sure if it was such a clever move to focus on E-Sport competitions before the actual game (RRE) is signed with a "Version 1.0" and still missing various basic features...

• Agree Agree x 5
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Why must this be explained time and again? Sector3/RaceroomEntertai8nment, and SimBin are two separate companies. To ask why they do not work together is like asking why AC and rF2 do not join forces. And it also ignores that there are certain ciontacts and mutual assistances - else Raceroom would not be scheduled to later get the completed gfx engine from GTR3.

With regard to Raceroom, lets get over it: its an old game. And still so very good. But I can hardly imagine any new content that would fascinate me, the tracks I want are all there, in features, AI, sounds I have no wishes left, and their work on improving e-sports simply is aiming at a direction I have zero interest in. I do not wait and wish for new cars, I hope for the existing cars getting the magical treatment by Alex Hodgkinson instead. The next really big thing I look forward to, is not a new track, series or car, but the implementation of that new gfx engine that they plan to carry over from GTR3 to RR. But even with a new engine, it still will be that old game we now know, more or less. Same old dude in new clothes.

That must not be somethign bad. It only means that Racerroom is around since long time already. And it would not have been, if it were not that good as it is. We should mute our expectations however that it still will and can show up with ever new fireworks and fanfares and bells and whistles. Its no newcomer title, its an established old name. Taking it as that imo will keep it alive for several more years to come, especially when they show their new engine in - 12 months? 18? 24?

For the forseeable future, said future belongs to ACC, no doubt. Kunos strenghtened even more its existing signature features and core competences, added new ones, and improved where it was a bit deficitary in AC.

I also assume that Sector3 keeps a close eye on what Kunos is doing. If they see a need to answer to the challenges set up by ACC, they will sit and think how to do it. In fact I think they already have done that. And nobody of us knows the internal strategy plan and longtime planning - not for Sector3, and not for - separate company! - SimBin.

I sometimes have the impression that some people are more about collecting content and new features for their race sim of choice instead of beign satisfied by actually playing it thoroughly. I am happy that Raceroom is in the state it is in now. No more bad surprises, the bad bugs are all gone. A reliable, pleasant racing platform. What else should or could I want short of getting a completely new game done fresh from scratch?

Raceroom is old, yes. But that in no way is something negative or bad. Its good. Its a proven design. It shows that it has what it takes to become this old - and even older. ;) I have a few titles that I play since many, many years, still. And I do not do that because they became bad with time...

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    You are using a lot of words to say very little ;)

And yes, R3E is an old but good game, maybe even the best sim at the moment for me.

About ACC, i don't have any intention to buy it as it stands now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  4. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    For sure, it's a PRE ALPHA version ;)

5. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ACC are starting from a version of AC already the best and improving it. ACC will be the masterpiece of the simu if they go in the right direction of development

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    The reason why i'm not interested is not the quality, i'm pretty sure it's gonna be really good.
    The reason is because i'm not interested in only GT3 cars and only 10 tracks, i already have enough GT3 cars in all other sims.

That said, i really understand why other people are looking forward to ACC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    ACC if successful can pave the way for future licenses and products. Should help Kunos secure even more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Simbin UK better come up with something equally well-conceived

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    this description seems to come from an ian bell page of bulshit ..

if you can drive it and test, it its in beta , pre alpha is a concept with a few lines of code ;) any one who tells you anything else needs bitch slapping with an full IBM 360

Andi

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    ACC="Arcade corsa competizione"

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    So how was your trip to Misano? Did you enjoy the Italian weather?

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Its funny because AC is known to be one of the more accurate sims in general lol.
    Also, here is one more vid.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    By the danger of getting ''bitch slapped'' I'm thinking more this way:
    They use the term ''prealpha'' just to say to ''non-producer-guys'' or ''the-hate-trains'' or ''fanboys'' or ''common people'':
    it's not finished yet, we still working on it, pls calm down if u see something not good, don't scream at your parents xD...

But yeah from a serious production point of view, it's more like a beta already to be honest :D

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Your DEV? on this video, it's notified "PRE ALPHA" no comment ;)

15. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    TROLLLLL

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    This is my take on ACC as well, I mostly prefer old H-pattern cars.
    I might buy it to support Kunos though, but only if they add VR.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    VR is confirmed, and since longer time already.

I am only uncertain on whether it already will be there form all Early Access beginning on, or will be added during the way to full release of v1.0

The immersion in the cockpit and in the weather and dynamic times of day look impressive. I expect that some of you doubting Thomasses will change your minds. :D

It will probably be like this for me: when I want to race on a track that ACC offers, I will most likely go to ACC, for all other tracks I want to race on, I will pick either AC or RR. I will not migrate to ACC exclusively. Instead I will add it to the list of race titles that I play: turning the duo of AC and RR into a trio: AC, RR and ACC.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Uhm.... don't you want to wait for an release to make such a decision?
    It's vrey hard to compare something, which can't be tested.

I have Project Carrs 2, too and like the day/night and rain thing and the graphics, but in VR it isn't a bit better than R3E graphics, because the Oculus limited it. So could be with ACC. And the R3E tracks has the most fidelity. They live. Not like AC tracks.

So, I'll wait for such a decision until ACC arrive here. For now I'm really happy with GT1 and Motegi here.

19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ACC has flag waving marshalls :) one big PLUS (i know rf2 has them too).. a detail i'm desperate for to have in raceroom :D

20. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    can you post a link to the VR conformation? AFAIK they did not officially announced this.