Problem R3E won't start in VR!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GuitarTech, Jan 7, 2019.

1. GuitarTech

GuitarTech New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So: I have an Acer WMR headset, using the Steam VR app. rF2, PC2. DR, and ACC all work fine
    without any problems.
    R3E, on the other hand, refuses to start in VR mode. It churns and churns. and then I get a pop up message "Can't connect to server, Error Code 17991 "
    And in Chrome the tab says " 505 Bad Gateway "
    All the relevant drivers are up to date, and all my other games run fine.
    I've tried a file integrity check, and a complete new install after deleting all R3E folders on my computer ( twice )
    I have " -vr " as start option, and I always start it from within Steam, after first starting the Steam VR app.
    It used to work until the latest big update, but now it only works in 2D mode, VR is broken.
    Anybody have any ideas?

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
  3. GuitarTech

GuitarTech New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've tried disabling my antivirus ( NOD32 ), I don't use a proxy, I'm located in Germany, I haven't changed any settings, I've been using Chrome for ages, Before Chrome I was using Firefox. All my Steam games work fine, except for R3E ( and that only in VR, in normal screen mode it starts just fine )

4. GuitarTech

GuitarTech New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So, as a last resort, I've de-installed R3E, and deleted ALL folders that have anything to do with R3E. And now I'm re-installing it, AGAIN......Everything else works fine, I just tried out all my other Steam games, and they all work. Go figure....

5. GuitarTech

GuitarTech New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Update: after installing it again, no change. Won't even start from the desktop icon. And now? Support, where are you?

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
  7. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    BTW, if anyone comes upon this thread, the "Bad Gateway" part of the issue seems to have been solved over at RD. It was some kind of video downloader program/plugin on OP's PC that kept setting itself up as a web proxy for all of his internet traffic.

• Informative Informative x 1