Problem Venting Frustration - is this game really worth it?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by jtrahair65, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    There's a saying in the US which may or may not translate anywhere else. "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar". The other day I bought an EA game on Steam. I tried everything I could think of to make it work. I hit up EA Chat support. I was nice, courteous, patient, and tried every single option they gave me and thanked them for their help each step of the way. In the end, the game just wouldn't work. Because I was nice, the EA Support person not only refunded my game, but gave me two other games free because it basically spoiled a whole day for me doing troubleshooting. If I'd chatted in ranting and raving and calling them names, I'd probably have walked away with nothing but instead by treating the person on the other end as my equal and being grateful to have a place where support is offered, I walked away with 2 free games.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wozy_of_Salzburg

Wozy_of_Salzburg Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Your right itsmedavetn: "The tone makes the music" ... just to quote an austrian saying :)
    But I think, the OP just needed a valve to loose his pressure. As far as I understood, he invested a lot of time, money and heartblood to organize a bday-party where R3E should be a core-element... and it didnt work.
    So I can understand a little bit his reaction cause he was emotional disappointed. Under these circumstances not eyery word should be taken on the gold scale.

And hey: The guys from S3 are strong nordic men and no little pinky clothed girlies, so I believe they can handle a few offending posts ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, not all of them...there's pinky clothed Jay from the Netherlands... ;)
    Can you imagine how easily a mans psyche who has a youtube profile picture like this can be disturbed?

I love you Jay, we all do. :D

4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Please don't "hassle" the "hoff"

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And I'm German, we worship that guy for bringing down the Berlin Wall single-handedly.
    But still...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, I have said something similar in another post. If you are selling the product and it's faulty, that is definitely a seller problem, especially when the times come where the game cannot be played at all - that's a problem. Flickering cars? OK - it's beta, gotcha - game won't load for entire day? Where's my pitchfork?

7. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Geez mate, I don't know about Jay but I'm disturbed. Not the Hoff! I guess he did at least have a talking car............

8. Demerzel

Demerzel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "Everybody knows that RRRE is still an open beta" I HATE THIS!
    In the simracing community every single problem is justified with: Small team, Early access, Beta, Next patch will solve it.

9. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    And then you found out they were super bugged! XD
    Jk.
    I agree. Always treat persons the same way you want to be treated yourself. Barking and spitting poison around just hurts your position, even if you are (or might be) right.