Steering issues with my G27 (question one)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maddawg, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I've been playing this game since it was a SinBin game. It seems that everytime I get my steering set up to my liking there is a download and everything is out the window. I have several questions, this is the first of several. What setting affects steering wheel center play. Mine is excessive and it doesn't matter what I change there is no difference. This is the only driving game where I feel it is objectionally excessive. My steering dead zone is 0 by the way. Thanks in advance.

2. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/broken-ffb-tmx-pro.14427/page-2#post-197088

Here the answer is about min FFB and several posts earlier about centering.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the response. From what I can gather those posts were in regard to different wheel than the G-27. I tried the suggestion though. Nope, no effect whatsoever on the steering issue. I would like to know how to reset to default settings. I don't see it in Options?

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    just remove your controller file from the control file in my games simbin r"e; then start the game it ill create a new one, you will have to rebind stuff though

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  5. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that applies to specific wheels, but as a whole to the whole thing lowend price wheels. So is the lack of min FFB, which is also on Logitech. It is strange that reducing the value of the minimum FFB does not give an effect. On my wheel, it kills the min FFB completely, but there is no "deadzone failure".

But dev is looking for a solution to that problem - that's what matters. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Every wheels min force feedback is different. As an example a logitech g series wheel may be 14/15 percent, before you feel anything. My ts pc racer wont register anything under 4/5 percent and a dd wheel may be as low as 1/2 percent. I used wheelcheck to determine, what my min force feedback was and needed to be set at.

• Like Like x 1
  7. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Just in case any of your settings have accidently changed, here's screenshots of my G27 settings in RRRE in case they help somehow. I've not had any deadspot problems here.

The only other suggestion I have is to try running without using the Logitech profiler software. I used to use it for years (and it is still installed but not used), but in recent years, especially with Win 10, the drivers don't seem to have been updated very well by Logitech, so since I last did a pc build and new Win 10 install (last Oct), I decided not to set up any profiles to see how I got on.

It's worked fine so far in F1 2019, RRRE, PC2 & others - I have my wheel set at 900 degrees directly in Windows hardware / devices. (I occasionally go into F1 2019 and find the rotation is wrong, but it only takes a moment to alt-tab out, go to devices/printers, open the G27 properties, open and close the rotation page without actually doing anything, and then tab back into game and it's fixed).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks morsify, you confirmed one of my suspicions. The Logitech Profiler, I thought I had noticed a difference in handling with Profiler off and on. Dismissed it as my imagination. Turning it off from now on.

9. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I see, I thought the ref post by you was to Minimum Speed in Advanced Settings. Thanks, I'll look at Min Force in FF settings next. Much appreciated for clearing that up. My bad.

10. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Andi !!!

11. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I just rolled 2 laps at Nordschleif with AI. Very enjoyable (again). Thanks for all the help fellas!! It was more than one issue, as I had mentioned in the OP. I had misinterperted the primary issue as wheel center play, when in fact it was understeer. Reducing the Min Force from 20% to 10% in FF settings did the trick. The wheel center play is still unchanged but the handling is greatly improved now. Thanks again for the great help. Also I did not reset to default, thinking I will leave that alone for now.

• Like Like x 1