Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    My only problem with AMS2 is the fact the initial release is the same content as AMS1 feels like your paying twice for the same thing..
    What I would like to see them bring across form PC2, and the only thing is Longbeach..

2. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Everyone has a different experience driving the same sim so I think I would avoid statements that others are wrong. My experience is different to yours. Comparing the Caterham 620R at Brands and Donington in both PC2 and AMS2 is the AMS2 car drives very similarly to the PC2 car with the stable setup. The PC2 car has a bit less understeer, its slower in a straight line and doesn't lock its rear wheels at Donington but as I say, the overall driving experience is similar. But I'm fine with this as I enjoyed driving both cars and once we can get into the setup options I can sort out the AMS2 version brake balance and dial out some understeer.

3. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This is just how it goes. Most of the content in ACC was in AC. Most of the content in PC2 was in PC1. Most of the content in F1-2019 was in F1 2018. Most of the content in Dirt Rally 2 was in Dirt Rally 1. You are essentially paying for a new game engine with new features. You have to decide if its worth it or not.

Edit: I should point out it obviously requires work for the developer to move content from one engine to another (over a year in the case of AMS2) and the developer has to re-license everything for the new title. Finally Reiza did offer a $20 reduction on the beta for those who already own AMS1.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  4. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    No multiplayer, no setups, no gt3 cars other than those few minute details its perfect.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Just out of curiosity, did you follow the official instructions about the FFB settings? Because I can imagine if you were already familiar and happy with how cars behave in PCARS2, it is indeed possible to dial the FFB in a way which would result in a very similar feeling, that was my initial reaction as well, as you can see above. But once I saw Renato's recommendations and modified the vanilla settings accordingly, the game started to feel much more like AMS1.

One of my biggest issues with PCARS2 (apart from the inconsistent quality both in terms of car handling and track accuracy) is that I just can't get enough details from the wheel. I've always felt that in order to be quick in PC2, I have to change my driving style to such an extent that it would hinder my performance in other sims, this is why I never really got into it. But I don't have the same feeling in AMS2.

6. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    That is something I don't understand. Devs create some default preset for the ffb and release instructions how to make ffb feel good? Why wouldn't they set it up like that as default?

7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    They gave us instructions how to setup the wheel properly and to be sure the auto DOR works like intended. If you drive a car with the wrong DOR and a non linear steering, it can feel completely wrong.

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Because there is sooooo many hardware out there, that has to work properly (and works different) and this is quite difficult to generally set up.^^

9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Perception of FFB is subjective and everybody has different ideas and expectations.
    Do you remember December FFB update?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Quicksilver

Quicksilver New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I really like the option to fill a multiplayer grid with ai drivers in PC2. Does Automobilista 2 give you that option?

11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    My first impression on that sim is a little mixed.The Gfx is nice,but the most important for me is the FFB,wich feels like PC2,that i bought and not much played after that.IMO you do not feel connected to the car/track,as in Raceroom or RF2 and with my TS PC Racer,i found no satisfying settings wich came even close to my taste.Hope they get it ,it is a BETA,but hopeing and beliving reminded me to much ,what i did for PC2... Madness Engine,or Unreal Engine is not my cup of tee (tea).

12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0

13. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    PC2 has always been terrible garbage, but it's my simracing beginning, so I'm loyal to it. What I always liked was graphics. I still find it very nice for my eyes, so I'll buy an AMS2 after the release.

Autumn and fog in PC2 is my paradise.

• Like Like x 1
  14. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    "terrible garbage" is exagerated though... there are some good combos like the Honda Civic Type R on Azure Coast or in terrible weather conditions in Knockhill, the Dallara at Longbeach is not bad either. As you say the game is still beautiful even today ! I think i might wait a bit before buying AMS 2, it seems that there is still a lot of work to do for the developers before the game is 100% ready... plus i don't have a lot of free time and Raceroom has already so much to offer :D !

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I still love Pcars the most, especially on my tripel setup. (7800x1440) It runs silky smooth and looks beautiful.
    Sound and Ai is not top notch but I can live with that. AMS2 GFX is not as beautiful as Pcars atm. But has better sound and FFB.
    Raceroom looks ok. Sound and FFB are great (to me at least)
    So I constantly switching from R3E to Pcars and AMS2..

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  16. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Physics and AI destroy all the good sides of the game for me personally. But Monza-Autumn-Fog-6:00 AM combo will remain my favorite forever. SMS was unfortunately disrespectful to the players and did nothing to improve the game.

Hardly AMS 2 will be a full-fledged game after the release, but I'm sure that everything will be fine by summer. DLC from Reiza for RF2 is a good quality indicator for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I bought project cars 2, never cared for the game myself. But many people do, the game still draws pretty good steam chart numbers.only surpassed by the original assetto corsa and assetto corsa competizione is right up there now also. I was not going to bother with Automobilista 2, but after seeing the list of dlc soon to come I think I will give it a try later on. Although I think $50.00 us at time of release is a little steep, you can buy assetto corsa competizione for $40.00 us. I bought acc in early access, paid about $27.00 us.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  18. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    It's easy to dismiss PCars now, but there's no denying it's a fantastic overall package that sits very well 'over' the likes of Forza & GT sport.

According to Steam I have ~600hrs spread evenly over PCars 1&2 before I discovered AC and got lost in the world of mods. 100s of hours later again I eventually tried RR (I forget why at the time) and have pretty much settled here since.. On the hardware front since moving on from PCars I've replaced my G29 pedals with Fanatec's V3s, swapped the shifter with the SQ1.5, bought a separate Aiologs Sequential stick, and am now looking into going full DD later on this year with Simicube.

With that in mind you could argue that for both software and hardware, PCars is actually a really important game for growing this wonderfully strange (and expensive) hobby.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
  20. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    ^