Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Stutter solved! :) Turns out it is my monitor, swap it over yesterday and stutter is gone! That explains no fps drop or spikes in the timeframe as well as countless setting changes yielding no positive outcome. Thanks for all your input.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    So in the end it was your original diagnosis and our original suspicion it was hardware related. Now get a proper hard drive and you will be laughing!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    That is still quite strange. What was your monitor and what is your current one?

4. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Was using Samsung 32inch TV, switched temporarily to my old work Philips monitor to see if it made a difference which it did, now on the hunt for new decent monitor.

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps the HDMI bus was the culprit or maybe the TV has a higher MS response time? COuld also be some imaging processing going on. Good that it is solved, with a decent new monitor you should be able to get a higher refresh rate and Gsync would be a nice-to-have. This actually taught me that freesync doesn´t work on Nvidia cards if using HDMI, you learn something new every day.

• Like Like x 1