The whole gameplay need to be redeveloped...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kacperflak, Jun 29, 2015.

1. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    (except graphic/physic/ffb/tracks/cars)
    otherwise you will never make money this way
    you need to....

1. remove stupid single player ...we have 2015 not still 2005 so focus only on multiplayer
    2. remove those bloody liveries and let people create theirs own ones, make all tracks free
    3. improve present damage model to make it very advanced and more realistic(suspension, engine, body, brakes, exhaust, bumpers, windshields, side mirrors etc) - advanced visuals for damages would be nice is well
    4. remove that stupid lobby mp and make dedicated servers only with "quick join" online system.......player could choose group of cars and car and system could find other players from same tier of cars who want race same time and choose random circuit within 60seconds (after finish this time if not enough real players rest of players could be AI),
    classic lobby would be still nice for closed groups/ friends and leagues
    5. 2 online modes: casual (contactless gameplay - ghost cars) and professional (cotact gameplay)
    both modes would have realistic damages + realistic physic only with no possible to change
    to join first one player have to pass basic driving school and to join professional player have to pass basic + extended driving school
    If player could choose proffesional mode then he'll get 1000 safety points. Often ramming crashin or driving on green would decrease those points. If player could reach 0 then could be banned from pro mode for 7 days. After 3 temporary bans he would be banned lifetime for pro mode. Player could also recover his safety points by clean takeover, racing as close as possible to "ideal line" etc but he could never collect more than 1000 points.
    Also report system would be great....if anybody will receive many reports in short period of time the will be banned from pro mode lifetime... it would stop some wreckfest trolls
    6. and Most importatn thing ....MONEY
    player could buy vrp packs to spend on
    join race.......to join any race you have to pay in little amount of vrp
    cars............. let players make them own babys let players paint it own livery place name surname country flag etc
    fuel.....most importatn thing no fuel no racing simple as that the more often player racing the more money player have to spend on game
    tires.....player worn tires quick in his car and dont want to buy new ones? then he will be sliding or tires will blow up eventually. also choose between some cheaper or more expensive but better tires
    oil...need to fill up when require
    replace broken part after crash..........from cheap like bumper, front windshield, side mirror to very expensive like engine or even whole car after hit against wall with 150mph
    all parts would have lifetime and need to be replaced in sometimes like brakes otherwise will work worse and worse and finnally may stop working, plenty parts in the shop with different prices and quality/lifetime
    all prices would be balanced to make happy everyone, all parts would have special condition indicators in manu "garage" so player would know what is what in his car
    8. Award system. first 3 places would be awarded by nice amount of vrp (much higher in pro mode ofcourse)
    9. create new advanced more intuitive social system (like facebook) with fiends, leagues, pictures, replays, records, comments, livestream, info last races, timetables and many many more, talking via headset during race would be very nice either

RaceRoom has huge potential but this potential need to be discovered by right people....
    (sorry for the form and for my english)

• Disagree Disagree x 39
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the WHOLE game...lol

Disagree with most of what you said. On #5 you have some viable aspects, for everything else...you need to redevelop I'd say.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Dear lord.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Singleplayer is not recommended? Dude ure wrong!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  5. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well, gameplay is what is most important and interesting in the GAME .........you could have 1:1 physic or 1:1 graphic but withouth proper gameplay those two could be useless. It could be only interesting for small group of game freaks but focus on that niche is road to nowhere.
    I really interesting sim racers and I would pay alot of money into but what I observed there is no sim racer in whole world market with any common sense. I'm just absolutyle shocked that huge market potential is wasting every single day.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Please redevelop your post. I got to your first point before I disagreed.

I play 95% offline, and had no interest in the game before they implemented their excellent, class leading AI. And I'm sure I'm not alone...

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Joost Mertens

Joost Mertens Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if I've played this game long enough to make proper input on the realism propositions, but here goes:

1. Just no, I don't see what's wrong with singelplayer, do you want everyone to take their new cars directly to mp when they've never driven them before?
    2. Custom liveries are nice, but there's nothing wrong with the current ones.
    3. can't really give input on the realism
    4. Dedicated servers all the way, no single "join game" button please. I'll take dedicated servers anyday over these quick join fucntions. (goodl old cs 1.6 days).
    5. Can't really agree on the lifetime bans, and I think novice/amateur/get real lefels already are what you're proposing.
    6. And this point: NO, GOD, NO. Seriously, this reminds me of the microtransactions in the mobile EA games. I don't like that idea/model one bit.
    7. you can already win vRP with the challenges/competitions, and I don't think Sector 3 should be giving away vRP just for winning mp races.
    8. A social system would be nice that's true. EDIT: I completely forgot the game runs with Steam so there is already a proper social system integrated.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  8. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How you could be interested play online if online mode is not exist ?

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Oj wej...

You might find what you're looking for in Trackmania or NFS World...just a thought.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I only play "stupid single player" so I pretty much disagree with this whole viewpoint as well. If I wanted an online only racing game then I'd spend the money for iRacing. The key to a "full experience" is both great offline and online play IMO and I think R3E is well on their way.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I think the whole original post needs to be redeveloped.

Only custom liveries do I agree with there. The rest is a load of tosh.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Don`t feed the Troll :p :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1. single player is just "zeitgeist" of the past when internet wast that fast and popular. this is jus waste money which could be spend on better on mp in my opinion
    2. Curren ones are not very uniquie and could not represnt yourself very well.
    3. Damage model is not too bad bout could be improved
    4. This is mostly stop newbies play mp because nobody wants wait any second to play and everyone want make joinning procees simplest as posible. It could make hassle free wainting free peace of mind start race for new fresh players. "Old wolfs" could still use "leagues" classics lobbies for playing between ech other.
    5. life time bans would be only on pro mode not on whole game....those banned players could still use casual mode without contact between cars. Player who dont file strong enough to competite in contact gameplay could chose causual mode stright away. It would be clearly explain in driving school at the beginning to dont make any confuse who should join casual and who should coin prfessional and possible concequences. Only the worst most dangerous driver players who annoying proffesional ones (very often: cuting track, driving on grass, crashing, ramming in back before turn etc) would be banned lifetime from pro mode (after 3 temporary bans). It would separate trolls from real pro players. It would not affect novice as they drive very careful.
    6. the present market model is much much more deterrent for new fresh players and dont push developing forward. that why so many bad reviews on steam
    7. every single race need to be that special one. it would be nice balancing with a lot of things to buy..from one side they have to race as fast as possible to get that vrp but from other side they have to be very careful to dont lose any vrp ...it could put a lot of pressure and excitment on every single player durring the race.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So you want the whole game to be mp only, a business model that is based on that and caters the "online only community" but you also want a lobby (#4) that prevents newbies from playing?

That's a brilliant idea pal, honestly mate, you should run for President in the United States.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    thanks goodness for the free weekend or we would have never got this critical important post....:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well. you can dislike my thread as much as you can but I expected more open constructive discussion than "kicking person who lying on the ground". It just show how this community is closed on new ideas. i'm not troll. this is just my point of view and humble suggestions. I tried Assetto, Project Cars and RRRE (rest of sim has graphic below nowadays standards) and for me at least graphic/physic/ffb is closest to that ideal one in RRRE. Unfortunelly there is no any game on whole world market with interesting gameplay. I understand you guys enjoy the game as it is but I think big potentail of this production is just wasting by dont be atractive to larger audience of players.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Look mate, you come here and the very first statement you make is "the whole game is wrong and needs to be changed". Firstly that's not what I would call a humble mindset, secondly it doesn't imply that you are "lying on ground" but rather that you think you're in quite the opposite situation and thridly it is a totally unrealistic request/suggestion.

More than 3 years of development have gone into the game to make it what it is right now, so they can't just change such fundamental features, have you thought of that?

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    a mean private sessions for friends or leagues could still be done in classic lobbies...and I would reccomend to you be a little more proffesional for customer as employee of s3s Mr Christian Göpfert.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    No single player, no buy. Simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    To be very clear: I'm not an employee of S3E. I do what I do in my spare time.

Look, for someone who comes in all high-brow and makes such bold statements and requests you have a rather thin skin, my friend. You have the right to criticize but we don't?

I never meant to insult or offend you but such unthougtful claims attract my ironic side.

• Agree Agree x 3