The whole gameplay need to be redeveloped...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kacperflak, Jun 29, 2015.

1. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly what I'll do! Was trying to encourage others not just wasting time.
    Cheers and good luck with your future Sim! Peace out.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    maybe you would have better luck convincing iRacing to redevelop their "visuals" cuz i don't see you making any progress here.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    This is something that I think is a serious issue with the perception of R3E. It's listed on Steam as "free to play" but that's not the case at all, and gives a very wrong impression of what RaceRoom is and how its pay model works.

The convoluted pay model of RaceRoom is one of its biggest drawbacks. I shouldn't have to explain all the ins, outs, and tricks to paying for R3E whenever I talk to somebody about how they can get into the game.

When I first saw "Free to Play" I was thinking this game had a pay model similar to World of Tanks, War Thunder, etc., where it's a competitive multiplayer game in which you race organized matches and unlock new cars. The money would then come from unlocking things faster if you so choose. I don't know about you, but that sounds great to me. I love the idea of organized multiplayer races and iRacing is the only racing sim on the market that even attempts it. I sincerely wish more people tried it. If nothing else, iRacing needs the competition because that game is really up its own ass in terms of how much it costs and the hoops they go through to justify it.

But I digress. While I don't agree with most of OP's points, I think he raises a lot of interesting concerns. Most importantly of which is the focus and meaning behind multiplayer. Personally, I wish the multiplayer was more robust and involved than a simple server lobby system, because I would love to have a more active online racing community.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  4. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well ....point number 6 is very flexible at this stage as its definitely needs well market reserches
    there is many options / ways to manage point 6 from monthly subription to other diferrent microtransaction system but for name of god anything would be better than present one where you have to spend over 100$ to HAVE A CHANCE to use crap sp/mp. This is just not free-to-play idea as game is advertised. Microtransactions/Subsription would help customers spread expenses over longer period of time but still keep invest a lot of money into game so help dev improve product.

5. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    As long as vRP is only acquired through money, #6 is an absurd suggestion so bad that it makes iRacing's paid content and subscription on top of it look good. If vRP (or maybe some other currency, a silver to vRP's gold as in WoT) could be gained through racing and kept in a persistent manner then we can start talking.

If you've really got that big of a hard on for spending real life money to race your internet race cars, then go play iRacing like everybody else in this thread has suggested.

6. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    iRicing has much more downsides than only visuals in compare to RRRE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that why point number 8?

8. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Okay, in that case I'm starting to understand more where you're coming from. I don't agree with most of your ideas on implementation, but in principle I agree with what I think you're aiming for, which is basically iRacing. Like I said earlier, I would love if RaceRoom had a much more robust multiplayer but what you're talking about is such a dramatic change in direction from what the game is now that I'm not sure it's feasible. You'd have to get devs responding.

At the very least, you should have presented your ideas in a much less confrontational, single minded, and ego-centric way. That way you don't have everybody rallying against you because you sound like a random Steam player who fell off the train and landed in here somehow with a terribly off (if maybe somewhat understandable considering how it's marketed) idea of what RaceRoom is.

Removing singleplayer is absolutely not an option either. Nor is ignoring that side of the game. You have to remember that in virtually all cases except the most extreme (such as Battlefield games) the singleplayer players outnumber the multiplayer players by a wide margin. This is especially the case in the simulation genres. RaceRoom is actually one of the better singleplayer experiences in simracing, and to take that away because it doesn't align with your opinions is a bad idea.

You don't encourage singleplayer players to play multiplayer by taking away their singleplayer. That just sends them elsewhere. For the record, I prefer to play multiplayer and race on public servers in R3E all the time. I only play SP when I want to play a specific combination or just want to relax with a more casual race that won't matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  9. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    simple free alone practice would be ok but advanced sp is just waste of money as these times 2 modes is not neccesary anymore in racing sim.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Clover

Clover Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    You just cannot fathom that other people have different viewpoints then you do, right? I ditched iRacing for that single reason. Just trundling along a track alone is not the same as being able to go up against a super consistent AI. You can continuously tick the AI up a notch to make them faster then you, then when you sharpen you do it again tune up the AI, and so on. It's a great tool to learn to get consistent laps, which can potentially win you long (endurance) races where consistency is key. So for training, running against an AI that pushes your abilities to maximum works perfectly for me.

And i enjoy playing single player, simple as that.

And as pointed out before. if Sector3 removed the single player all the people playing exclusively single player would not just magically join multiplayer. They would simply say good bye and go play a game that HAVE single player, loosing Sector 3 customers, and revenue..

Your entitled to your view, on the matter. But just keeping on repeating the same argument over and over because someone else said he or she does not agree with you is going nowhere.

We have single player in R3E, and i bet you it's gonna stay there, live with it. You play your multiplayer and have fun, i play my single player and have fun. both are happy, WIN!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    @kacperflak

You really are going for the record, aren't you?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    when I set up the ai to give me a long hard race, in which making a mistake could throw the race away makes my heart beat wild.
    if someone want to set the ai up so that you beat the ai every time like in your little video then more power too them.
    the advantage of a good single player system is you can race how you want when you want weather your fighting for the lead or the "poor mans points".

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Most of my time with R3E recently has been spent on single player races. I can race at my convenience, with my choice of content, against AI that is tuned to my performance level and a full grid of drivers that don't quit. Best of all it's less stressful.

Don't get me wrong, online racing can be excellent but I have found it quite disappointing of late.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Slowly?! o_O
    It never was because you are not able to accept that other people don't agree with you.

You actually believe it is my fault that people are giving your "ideas" dislikes, don't you?

15. Alessandro Greghi

Alessandro Greghi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Only point i agree on are the custom liveries for online racing/leagues, the rest of the op post is totally pointless (imho) o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Then, why should S3S force people to go MP? If this game has no SP, I wont even bother with it because it is utterly annoying to play MP with random people. At the same time, I cant be bothered to join leagues due to my irregular gaming schedule and time zone.

Elder Scrolls Skyrim sold tens of millions despite it is a single player game, since when the industry has moved on to online gaming? On the other hand, the online game Elder Scrolls Online did considerably worse than Skyrim even though it is an online only game. Not everyone enjoys competing with other people.

I give zero shit about those "stupid" online game making lots of money. If S3S wants to make tonnes of money, why did they started with a niche genre that always have a small following? Why didnt they go against NFS, Grid or Forza? At the same time, is NFS still doing as well as it was in 2008?

Charging people for tires does not make the game better. R3E needs more features, like expanded pits, driver switch, dynamic weather or better ranked multiplayer, not more ways to charge people money.

Assetto Corsa and Project CARS are struggling? I dont know where are you getting the numbers from but I highly doubt AC or pCARS are struggling to make ends meet. Project CARS sold 1.4 million copies in one and half months without major marketing backing it while AC, I highly doubt they are struggling because there is a strong community backing it.

While for R3E, I had critised in the past that R3E is expensive but the total of my spending in R3E had been $100 so far with most content bought except a few packs. R3E is comparably more expensive than other games but it isnt absurdly expensive like iRacing. At the same time, I doubt AC or pCARS are expensive to begin with because the developers put their games on steep 40% to 50% discounts during sales.

Also, I do not think games like NFS or The Crew has expanded gameplay unless you consider car customisations or open world driving as "expanded" gameplay. There are a lot of unnecessary grinding and nonsensical features in those games. Games like R3E, AC or pCARS are designed to simulate closed track racing which that is the proper gameplay of those games. It felt like you do not enjoy games with closed track racing. In the mean time, AC, pCARS or R3E isnt as impenetrable for casual gamers as there are assists to make the game more accessible to them. Please post evidence that Kunos, S3S or SMS are struggling with their business.

You know what, please learn how to write in paragraphs. Whatever you write makes zero sense at all in making the game better. You want the game to have wider appeal, then, you also want the game to price gouge people with absurd suggestions like removing single player, charge for tire change or multiplayer entry fees. How does that get more people into the game then? I do not understand what are you trying to get across.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I really hope that a lot of this thread can be attributed to "lost in translation".

@Christian Göpfert, legend!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Why is having SP a waste of time? Vast majority of the racing fans plays offline anyway according to many racing games developers which is why various developers like Codemaster, SMS, S3S, Kunos and so on put a lot of effort in expanding the single player features. At the same time, does multiplayer heavy racing games like NFS Rivals, The Crew or even iRacing have a large online racing community? 80,000 active subscribers isnt that many people compared to 200,000 sales for AC or 1,400,000 sales for pCARS. I can barely find a MP match in NFS Rivals these days while The Crew takes minutes to find a match for me.

Also, why should R3E remove it's already implemented features to make way for multiplayer? Those features cost money to develop and why should it be dumped from the game? What are your reason of removing single player in a racing game?

I play solely single player, if the current decently robust single player options are removed from R3E, then, I'll move to AC, GSCE, rFactor 2 or pCARS. I do not see why I am going to stick to a game that forces me to go MP.

If I am not wrong, Kunos did state that only 15% of the owners of AC ever played an online game. So are you saying that Kunos should ignore the 85% of owners that bought the game for single player races and focus on the 15%? How do you make money that way? By overcharging them with multiplayer race entry and tire change microtrasnactions that put off more people? I would recommend you to read up what happened with microtrasactions backlash in Forza 5, where Microsoft did not even want to include microtrasactions in Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 6 because racing fans do not want microtrasactions in their games. Gating mutliplayer and tire change behind vRP microtrasactions is bring a bigger backlash to the game.

I understand that single player is useless for you, but as you can see in this thread where a lot of people still uses the single player from occasionally to frequently. Just because you didnt like a feature, does that mean it should removed from the game?

Pretty much only iRacing is the sole multiplayer focused game while AC, pCARS, R3E, rFactor 2, GSCE, Dirt Rally and so on all still invest a lot into single player game mode.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not so sure...Feels like a case of the ol' fingers in ears syndrome:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015