Pit to car radio app available - work in progress

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jun 24, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I'm about to upload a big and (hopefully) final update to the C# version before all dev effort is moved to PixelJetStream's Lua version.

This update includes a separate before and after message 'bleep', processing of the standard sound files to make them sound much more 'thin' and radio-like, better background sounds and a different background sound to be played when a message triggers at the start-finish line (this background has lots more cars whizzing past). Should be up on the same Google Drive link in the next hour or so

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Tried this app during the weekend, it is a must-have. Awesome work mr belowski!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
  4. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @mr_belowski, love the app. Is there any way in getting the volume louder?

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Easy way: Raise your PC volume and lower the in-game general volume.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    OK, new version is now up. This has much more convincing sounds and the background is also a lot better. There are a couple of tweaks here and there too. I think this is the final C# version, and I have to say it's a lot better now the messages sound like they're coming from a radio instead of someone hiding under your chair. I encourage all users to check it out :).

I've not made it select a different background depending on whether the message is played on crossing the line - it's just too much faff and sounds fine with the regular background anyway (which has lots of vroom-ing). It does still select a different background for when the DTM pit window is open.

As far as levels are concerned there's no way to turn my app 'up' except for the mixer settings in Windows, and turning RaceRoom down a little (and obviously turning your sound system up to compensate).

• Like Like x 7
  7. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for your work! :)

8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Loving it.

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    If you haven't already, try the version I uploaded half an hour ago. The sounds are (IMO) a lot better :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Most probably know this but I'll post it anyways. I like to add apps to Steam as non steam games and then add them to favorites. I have Sin Speed and the Crew Chief app added under favorites so I can click them first then R3E. It seems to work out better than opening the folder and clicking on the Crew Chief app.

11. NickAtsi

NickAtsi Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi @mr_belowski thanks for the app. Add a changelog in first post and put the version in the .rar name ;)

12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Yeah yeah, I know, it's something I should have done from the start. But can I just say 'this is now the first non-preview version' and track it from now? Or is that a lame excuse for being too lazy to document it? ;)

I do intend to document it but I've been having too much fun building it. But I will do it, promise :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. tiagosousagarcia

tiagosousagarcia Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tested it yet, but just saw @Georg Ortner video. What a stellar job, thank you so much for your work @mr_belowski! Can't wait to try it myself

14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Georg's video is from quite an early version, I think it sounds much more realistic now, and is a lot more chatty

• Like Like x 2
  15. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I just set the crewchief.exe as a desktop shortcut or pin to taskbar.

16. Herbaliza

Herbaliza New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much! Good Job!

17. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    Just tried the latest version, and i like the new sounds!

But again i didnĀ“t get a victory message at the end of the race :(
    (Edit: I did get a victory message in DTM 2014 Experience, but not in RR Experience, driving the WTCC 2013 cars)

Also may i suggest excluding the "your laptimes are worsening" message on the lap a pitstop is performed?
    Not sure if that is possible atm.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Was the DTM 2013 race using the 'experience' or was it the DTM cars in the standard raceroom mode? I'll check DTM 2013 behaves properly. If it DTM cars in raceroom mode there's no laps to go data or time left data available to me.

Georg, was that another DTM 2014 race against the AI? I wonder if the 'position' property in the data block gets set to zero at the end of the race in between crossing the line and the next time I poll for data (every 2 seconds).

19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and I can't reliably detect pitting. If you get that message you must have had 2 consecutive laps slower than the one 3 laps previously so, despite the pit stop the app has correctly detected your rubbish driving ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski I have made an icon to show in the shortcut I've made to the desktop. Here it is if you want to include it in the exe.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1