Question When is raceresults.txt generated

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by XanderSJX, Jun 20, 2020.

1. XanderSJX

XanderSJX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi All,
    This is in singleplayer, client file for results.
    I am trying to get results for 2 race event, but it looks like only results of second race really get written in file.
    Here is what I did:
    1) Started Q - empty file raceresults.txt gets generated with only track name
    2) Finish Q - check file and see it is still empty although all drivers including me set valid time
    3) Start race 1 - file is empty with only track data as before
    4) end of race 1/ start of race 2 - file still empty
    5) at the end of race 2 when I click continue and go out to main menu - raceresults.txt is filled with data from race 2

My question: is there a setting to set file to be updated at the end of each session? Or it is currently working like this? Or I am missing something?

Thank you

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  2. XanderSJX

XanderSJX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi All, is there anyone who could have any info about this?
    I hope it would be possible to trigger file update at the point when results are displayed after race finish. And then, again before starting race 2.

Thank you

3. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I think the results file is generated when you click continue at the end of a race. It is then overwritten as soon as you load a new race. In a two race scenario, the results of the first race are overwritten as soon as the second race starts loading, in my experience even before you get the chance to copy it.

You can't change it. Several years ago I suggested it would be better if the results file were given a unique name each time and saved. This was never implemented.

Good news however. If you download this fabulous app:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/secondmonitor-timing-status-app.9587/

... it will do all of that (i.e. create and save results for multiple races / sessions) and a whole lot more.

It's one quirk (for me) is it doesn't save your last lap in each session...

• Like Like x 1
  4. XanderSJX

XanderSJX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for info @Skidmark , I didn't know secondmonitor is doing that too. I'll use it from now on. :)

5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
  6. XanderSJX

XanderSJX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0