Released Game Update - 11th August 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Aug 11, 2020.

1. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    The best thing with R3E’s triple support is the ability to adjust the eye height parameter. Some other sims don’t have this and therefor your have to raise/lower the monitors.
    This is more important than head tilt and tbh if every parameter is set up correctly I’ve never felt the need to have a tilt option

I do wish we could slide the seat left and right tho

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Well why does every other sim align perfectly and R3E is the only one we're in sitting with my virtual head hitting the car roof to get the in game dash to align behind my Simhub physical dash?
    I've got my monitors aligned so my eyes are smack in the centre line if all 3 monitors. I don't see a need to adjust the eye height parameters like you do because my monitors all align perfectly with each other and my eyes to centre :confused:

3. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    aha I see the difference
    My monitors are set higher so that my eyes are below the centre line as I don't want to see the in-car dash
    Because I only have 24" monitors I only want to see the very top of the dash board so I can see more outside of the car

And if any one taller or shorter uses my rig they can easily make an in-game eye-height adjustment to ensure the angles between the side monitors line up

R3E is the only sim that I know of that doesn't force the player to have their monitors set at the exact right height so that their eyes are at the same level as the middle of the monitor....I fricken love this feature and would hate to loose it

My fear is it is this feature that makes it harder for them to implement a head tilt function

4. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    AMS2 /pC2 has this also ;) (eye height adjustment) and tilt works fine, the only adjustment missing is side to side and AC is the only one with that.
    Just for reference here is my screens with Simhub dash covering the in game dash perfectly.

Attached Files:

5. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    oh that looks so good

Is that R3E? it looks perfect!

I tried RF2 again a few months back and noticed they didn't have the function to adjust eye height :(

6. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Oh crap, I was supposed to say here is my screens in ACC but left out the ACC bit :oops: I wish I could get that look in R3E!
    As I said AMS2/pC2 are the only other ones that have the eye height adjustment and AC has side to side.

7. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Post #70 here shows how R3E looks with both the head correct height in game and with the dash lining up. It just doesn't work for me without the tilt option!
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...update-20th-may-2020.15135/page-4#post-204898
    As you can see, when I have the seat at the correct height I can see the in game car dash and when I kine the in game dash ip behind my Simhub dash I'm sitting far to high. Tilt is the only way to fix this and it can be done if I go into the files and go through trial and error for each car one by one. Quite frankly I'd rather spend my time driving the cars than mucking around trial and error adjusting files for the cams.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  8. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    To me that looks like your actual seat is too high but it's hard to tell from that photo
    The top of my wheel is about the height of my shoulders; even a little bit higher an inch or two below my chin
    https://boxthislap.org/the-correct-driving-position/

If your seat is too high then I can definitely see why you want the tilt function

9. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Wheel is correctly positioned to seat height then monitors correct height to that ;)

Attached Files:

10. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    How can you see my seat height from a pic of the screen?
    Been here done all the measurements ;) if I rest my wrist on the wheel my arm sits basically horizontal, slightly pointing up.

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Think he meant the in-game seat position.

Comparing those screenshots from RR and ACC it does appear that you have the in-game seat positioned considerably farther back (and possibly lower) in ACC, you're much closer to the dash in RR.

12. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Not at all !
    This is both but with the ACC one zoomed and cropped to the single screen (very quick and dirty).
    And yes in this R3E image i am sitting too high , its my issue , i have to sit so high to get the dash to hide behind my SimHub dash !!!! I though that was understood by now .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  13. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    In this one im at the correct seat position but now i can see the in game dash :eek: Ive been over this already :confused:

Attached Files:

14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    D'oh, I just took a quick glance at the ACC pic before, ignoring the red lights and stuff, and thought it was an actual in-game screenshot, that's why it appeared to be so much further away. Nvm. ^^

Like I said, it's on the to-do list and I gave it another bump, so fingers crossed for a fix in (one of) the next patch(es).

• Like Like x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Looks like a big DTM update coming that Im going to have to pass on.... Unless..... Hmmm

16. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Must admit been playing rr again lately. and one of my last sims with ams2 im playing.

I do enjoy the ai a lot, but more in the tintops then open wheelers. For me they dont seem to be as good with open wheelers. So i consider rr as a offline tintop racer and a great one at that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Just tried the updated Monza, It looks really good. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference but It does. Congrats to the track artists.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Tilt seat for triple screen users.. :rolleyes:

19. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I'm probably gonna get ridiculed for this next suggestion but I had the exact same problem before I raised my monitors so that the dashboard wasn't visible

Basically I didn't want to raise my in-car seat high because if I did it just felt weird as it's not natural.
    Tilting the head down just felt strange to me as well as it change the perspective of the track in front of me

As I only use a small Samsung S6 mobile phone as a dashboard, I could see plenty of in-car dash behind it so I understand your frustration; it's very off putting and breaks the illusion

Now this may sound silly but it works perfectly; I cut out carboard shapes of the in-game car dash which I stuck behind my phone. I painted the carboard black and because when I game I have very low light behind me the carboard cut out looked like it was part of my phone

All up I had 5 different carboard cut outs that I velcroed behind my phone dependant on the car I was driving

Just so you know; the reason I raised my monitors was because I wanted to see more out of the window and always see the top of windscreen and review mirrors; the unintended benefit was that I no longer saw the dashboard and hence didn't need the cardboard cut-outs any more but those cut-outs work nicely

:D

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I’ve raised my screens as well. This way I only see the top of the dashboard. Works nicely and don’t give me the feeling that I’m a giant or drive in a very low car anymore.
    I only need to coverup the lower side. I look at a white wall of my room. It should be black for more immersive experience. Now I have a wife “ for serving beer and coffee as per my signature:D” but I don’t think see will agree when I paint the wall black. A couple of black blankets will do.