Released Touring Classics Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, he's talking about these cars and DTM 92, which are separate classes in the game but all based on Group A regulations, so they should be similar speeds although the game will recognise them as different classes. If that makes sense?

Prototypes and GTs will still be very different speeds, for example.

2. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    What you say makes sense, but as for the why...it still does not.
    Those cars, although still based on the grp A specs, never would have been able to compete on a track anyway.
    Different eras. Different racing series.
    Take the M30 for example. We would have two of them, each of them different in its own right, yet somehow matched against each other?
    Why?
    If the game will give the choice to apply a fantasy BoP for people who want to pretend they are competing in a today classic-car race- why not. But more importantly, if it let us choose NOT to apply that fantasy BoP, and race each cars the way they were intended to race, I'm all for it.

I already own the 3 Touring Classics cars. And the DTM 92 pack. If I bought the two classes , that is BECAUSE they are different.

Granted , I'm just nitpicking - as long as multiclass is there, and this BoP doesn't affect more than one class, I'm one happy man.
    But still. Why not match the WTCC 2014 and the DTM 2014 cars then - after all, they are all "Touring Car" *

*Yeah, I know, Reductio ad absurdum. That was so low, I have to apologize. ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I don't actually disagree with you there, but i do understand it.

The two M3s (DTM and Touring Classics) are theoretically identical, so if those are taken as the benchmark for each class and BoP matches others to those, that seems fair enough. So they will be the same-ish pace anyway, without being purposely balanced to race each other.

DTM (argaubly not a touring car anyway) and WTCC (S2000s) are built to completely different rulesets, so wouldn't be balanced to each other. That's a completely different analogy, but I see you realise that too!

Where I disagree is with the likes of the 635 and Volvo being brought up to the pace of the Skyline and M3, because both were much older cars. But, as I say, I can understand this from an online perspective, although I agree with you it would be nice to turn this off in an ideal world. Group 5 did a good job of this IMO, allowing the 935 to be faster than the others, but not quite to the same extent as real life. I hope the R32 and E30 are a little quicker than the Volvo and 635 in this pack, but we'll have to wait and see.

Either way, it's good to see another quality car join the lineup and nice to see the 'pack' format coming along nicely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, we can agree with that!
    And I don't want to hijack the thread:
    It's nice to see more love for the Tourist Classics, and it's even awesomer to have some news about multiclass!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I thought the BOP was just for the classics....for instance the volvo (which i dig) currently has 2 second disadvantage vs bmw 3 series on many tracks

6. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I'll be glad to eat my opponents alive using this mouthwathering car! ;)

7. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I think the main reason of having this fantasy BoP is to ensure balance in both classes so all the cars are competitive with each other.

If the cars are tuned to the actual specification, the Nissan Skyline R32 will destroy every car in the grid like how it was in the late 80s which is why fantasy BoP is needed. The Nissan Skyline R32 has won 4 years in the row in JTCC under Group A regulations and still won Bathurst 1000 for 2 years straight after significant down tuning. Skyline is an overpower beast in real life and it needs to downtuned for the sake of other car's competitiveness. It will not be fun to see the entire server of touring cars multiplayer matches with people only using the R32.

Still, what about Ford Sierra? Or any Holden Commondores? More cars please? :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait. I hope today is the day, cause today is my B-Day. :D

• Like Like x 3
  9. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I could see this coming with the Touring Classics class, in the thread where we all wished for Sierras and Alfa 75s and the like. Don't get me wrong, I love the old stuff, but if they're all going to be roughly competitive with each other then it's practically a silhouette class. I do have the three that already exist and will buy the R32, but I think as the class grows it should split, with the 635 and the Volvo in an earlier class expanded with some other appropriate content, and the R32 and E30 to be joined by the Sierra and similar vintage vehicles in the second. A 635CSi that's as fast as an R32? Just seems a bit of a stretch. Like I said just a minor gripe that could be solved by creating and selling me more cars, a deal I'm happy to contribute to.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  10. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I want godzilla. Not anything what u can beat whit volvo.

• Like Like x 1
  11. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    If you take a look HERE, it should make things a little easier to see what should be able to compete with what.
    It's worth noting that the DTM '92 cars are similar, at least in terms of power and weight which is what the BoP is based on.
    Hope it helps clear things up a bit. :)

12. kingsun06

kingsun06 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Hello, this new super pack Touring Classics and the arrival of the Skyline R32 .
    I look forward to welcoming dens my garage.
    I hope one day see inserate Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 !

Sorry for my English -> Google Translation
    Have a good day!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    So the earlier vehicles could be complemented by say, the Rover, Alfetta, Jag Xjs and the Mustang, and the later class could see the E30 matched against the R32, Sierra, Alfa 75 Turbo and the Supra, then the BOP wouldn't be so glaring. I want a good reason to race my 635CSi, it's just such a beautiful car, but I want to race it against cars it really could compete with, not having it magically able to match Cosworth Sierras and R32 Skylines. Once again I want to stress this isn't really a whinge, more of a wish to see two touring classics classes, and after all it would mean more cars to sell/buy, in a category I imagine would be very popular.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Moucham

Moucham Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I am very happy to see these cars in R3E ;)

15. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Again I ask. Will the BMW 635 be fixed to work with other difficulties besides Get Real? I'd like to go with the pack option if it's fixed but if it's not then I'll just buy the Nissan

16. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure what is broken with the BMW (elaborate if you can) but don't forget you can always test drive the cars before making your decision!

17. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    The BMW 635 acts like pit limiter is on all the time when driving in Amateur or Novice Difficulty. It did it both during a test drive and during the free weekend. It will not go above 90mph and the gear indicator simply flashes red no matter what gear you put it into

18. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Here's a video. I couldn't find a test drive recording so I did it with my phone. Crappy quality but it at least shows the behavior.

19. jomardi

jomardi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good news!

20. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    The tester confirmed this issue in current live build. They also checked the current dev build where it is fixed, so all should be ok again with the next update.

• Like Like x 5