Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Alessandro Greghi

Alessandro Greghi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    ^ one day or ten days don't change anything, imho; who has more time will do more pratice than the one that don't have it (at that specific moment); nothing can change that :)

2. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to see the game lock the visual steering wheel angle to the car's true steering wheel angle. It's annoying to have to go into the menu and manually match it every time I change cars.

The soft lock for automatically locking your own wheel to match the car's is really finicky too. I don't know if I'm missing just missing some trick but sometimes it seems to work, and other times not at all. I do a lot of manually adjusting the wheel lock through my profiler when going between cars and I shouldn't have to do that. Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, and iRacing all handle this perfectly.

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    My experience is that your body conciousness needs a while till it gets adapted (with an advantage for younger drivers probably) so that you can practice at one day as much as you like - you won't crack the threshold your body-mind coordination is dictating (except for getting angry :D)- thats the reason I suggest much shorter times for practising/hotlapping ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    My new #1 thing I want is day to night progression. We've got an amazing prototype class thats getting ready to be "amazinger" when the Audi Prototype launches. I hope this makes it in at some point.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Just a very small suggestion.....

Would it be possible to pause the game without returning to the menu screen?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Allow people play in a lobby with a ping off 900 doesn't makes any sense. Please, limit the access to the lobby depending on the ping in a car simulator is vital.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. garytc78

garytc78 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    my small suggestion:

in liderboards challenges, create some kind of Vrp rewards for 1st places! even very small! :)

for example:

- as soon as for example at least 50 users set it's own laptime in liderboards challenge,
    the 1st place (fastest lap time) gets a reward in vRP (even small) and as soon as he gets beaten by somebody else, that somebody else gets vRP again!
    what do you think guys?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    From my experience that means something around 250. I know at least one Teamm8 that wouldn't like it at all.
    I suggest common sense to know your limits in terms of bandwidth and performance (w-lan) to minmize the risk of lagging Chaos.
    Thus, as shardshunt pointed out, package lost during data transfer can hit everyone, everywhere......

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    An internal system to upload RRE replays directly and internally to watch/link via Portal for example...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  10. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Now (specially after intense testing via Free Weekend) suggestions are dripping out of my head,(one by one sry) :
    For pitstops it would be good you can directly confirm to complete your drive-through penalty: atm you have to double-confirm it, which leads to a point you can't make it fast enough before reaching your pit spot in case and then you stand there watching the grass grow :)..... I believe sooner or later we will be able to manually pit and therefor it would be neccessary to confirm your preset on a one-click-basis without scrolling /fiddeling around.
    IF you really need additional things to be fixed you didn't mark in your preset you will need more time any way and thats okay...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Really hope so!
    And we have the pit limiter, no real need for that as long as we don't drive through the pits ourselves. o_O

Ps: The thing about instant confirm without scrolling was a good idea. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    After the classification and before the race, a button to go to the grid. In a lot of races there's people that go away the computer and don't realize of the beginning of the race. This makes the start more difficult and causes more accidents.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    this feature was in the game for a short period of time but they had to remove it because a bug.
    it will be back but they are in no hurry due to other bugs

• Like Like x 2
  14. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Seeing the repetition of a online race that I ran yesterday, I realized how difficult it is to use such a short bar in races of 30 or more minutes.
    Maybe make that longer or put a system button to go directly to the desired lap.

Also go to other cars repetitions looking for it by name, sometimes it takes too much to go from car to car until you find the desired.

15. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Not always leaving I guess...sometimes the session isn't correctly labeled and shows "practice" instead of "qualifying"..had it once and was fairly surprised to find my car in the middle of a pile of dusty wrecks lol :)
    Another time I was off for a piss.....too long obviously :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    A minute of break before the race was added in the big patch at the beginning of June but it was removed in a short notice because it was causing instabilities and disconnections.If those errors are fixed it will probably return.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the odd thing is on one box I have 3 servers and one of the server is showing 0sc left in the session and being on qual, but when you join you are at the start of the practice session. It's quite odd that the other servers on the same computer have no issue

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure this has mentioned, but it would be nice (read: mandatory) if we could see basic technical car information in-game, like weight, weight distribution, maxhp@rpm and maxtorque@rpm. Then an option to see real damper values instead of clicks would be appreciated. Basic sim stuff, y'know.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Another small suggestion:

Visual help to calibrate/adjust the Clutch Biting Point
    With more and more pedal sets, which have a feelable clutch mechanism (Fanatec ClubSport Pedals v2/v3, ProtoSimTech PT-1, HE Sim Pedals, etc.), it would be very helpful to have a visual hint at the ingame Clutch test bar.
    Then it would be possible to match the ingame Clutch biting point with your real clutch pedal.

just 2 mockups:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    That would be great. :)